Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 10:21 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,939,050 times

Advertisements

I wasn't lying about my former student's family...why on earth would I make a fictional story about a student's brother getting shot in Orlando? that wouldn't be right...

According to sperlings, FBI crime rate in Orlando is 7 and 8 (3 is average).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 10:25 AM

173 posts, read 402,109 times
Default No Seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
Ignore him . Come to Texas, we welcome you with open arms.
What I am saying is true. This person is clueless.

Talk to the many many unemployed librarians in Texas. IF someone is employed, they have no idea how bad it is for librarians out there. I have worked academic and public all over the state, plus I have the requisite double masters. I know what I am talking about!

Many friends from my Library Science school have left the field because they never got a job. Check out some real statistics like on BLS and other areas (resort to the annoyed librarians stats if need be).

There is a surplus of new grads every semester. Many are taking jobs like "administrative assistant" after two years of no luck after graduation. Many experienced librarians got the lay-off when funding was cut and they have nabbed the few open spots, competition is steep.

Then there is the teaching position question which is answered in many other threads, that is another bad field to enter. The odds of getting a teaching/librarian job in the same town would be an absolute miracle......

Please do a lot of research before taking a leap. I am posting this to be nice and let you be aware of the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.