Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 11:02 AM

2,114 posts, read 4,917,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Where were these schools located?
Suburban Boston. School had about 900 students.

I left out Wrestling and Tennis. Dunno how. both teams won state championships while I was there. whoops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 11:27 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,942,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWereRabbit View Post
you had badminton, bowling, and whatever "kickline" is but no girls hockey team?? thats crazy. good for you for playing anyways, hopefully more girls are playing now.
Long island schools don't have girls hockey teams yet. New England has had them for a while. I played on travel girls teams throughout NY and CT growing up, and sometimes we played girls HS teams in Massachusetts. Unfortunately, not nearly as many girls play hockey on LI as they do in NE. But yeah, it was just me and 2 other girls in the entire LI boys HS hockey league. This was back around 1998-2002 when I went to HS. I don't think there are all that many more girls playing the boys HS hockey, but in general more are playing here on the island.

Old 04-06-2010, 12:39 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,859,793 times
Our district is sort of small but still offers quite a few sports for the kids. Mason County Central Schools; Scottville, Michigan. The town is about 1260 people, the school district is around 1700 kids. If there is enough interest they sometimes have girls field-hockey as well. Tennis is in there somewhere as well, but I don't know when.

Fall:
Boys Soccer
Football
Girls Volleyball
Cross-Country

Winter:
Boys Basketball
Girls Basketball
Boys Wrestling
Bowling
Competition Cheer-leading
And a combined Hockey team with another District

Spring:
Baseball
Softball
Girls Soccer
Track
Golf

Old 04-06-2010, 01:22 PM

93,379 posts, read 124,009,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Our district is sort of small but still offers quite a few sports for the kids. Mason County Central Schools; Scottville, Michigan. The town is about 1260 people, the school district is around 1700 kids. If there is enough interest they sometimes have girls field-hockey as well. Tennis is in there somewhere as well, but I don't know when.

Fall:
Boys Soccer
Football
Girls Volleyball
Cross-Country

Winter:
Boys Basketball
Girls Basketball
Boys Wrestling
Bowling
Competition Cheer-leading
And a combined Hockey team with another District

Spring:
Baseball
Softball
Girls Soccer
Track
Golf
Knew a kid that went to school there when I was going to MSU. He played Basketball there and they are actually pretty good usually.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 04-06-2010 at 01:30 PM..

Old 04-06-2010, 01:30 PM

93,379 posts, read 124,009,048 times
The school I attended(Westhill High just outside of Syracuse and about 700 students/Class B for sports which is the middle class out of 5) has:
In the Fall: Football, Soccer(B/G), Cross Country(B/G), Girls Tennis, Field Hockey and Girls Swimming(combines with Syracuse city HS's Corcoran and Fowler)

In the Winter: Basketball(B/G), Volleyball(G), Indoor Track(B/G), Wrestling(combines with Solvay High) and Hockey(B, combines with Solvay)

In the Spring: Baseball, Softball, Outdoor Track(B/G), Golf(B/G), Boys Tennis and Lacrosse(B/G)

Westhill School District
Westhill High School Sports Scoreboard - Syracuse.com

Old 04-06-2010, 01:43 PM

3,235 posts, read 8,718,665 times
The school I attended had everything from football to skeet shooting and bowling. Such a waste of taxpayer money.
I understand the schools funding some popular sports, but once you get into skeet shooting, it gets out of hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.