Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2007, 11:49 AM

1 posts, read 7,672 times

Advertisements

I'm in the AF, and am relocating to Moody AFB GA. I was wondering if anyone had any information about the local area's. The best places you think a white family of three should look to live. Does anyone know where I can look up house rentals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 03:13 PM

1 posts, read 7,562 times
Default moving to moody afb

I must say I take issue with you wanting to know where a WHITE family can live. Do you plan on participating in only activities where WHITES are allowed. How about whwre your children attend school. Do you have issues with people of color as you WHITE people say

Old 12-21-2007, 06:21 AM

857 posts, read 4,878,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moody5 View Post
I must say I take issue with you wanting to know where a WHITE family can live. Do you plan on participating in only activities where WHITES are allowed. How about whwre your children attend school. Do you have issues with people of color as you WHITE people say
Go look on the Atlanta forum and count how many threads there are asking where the best place for blacks to live are. I've also seen some asking about good places for Jews, for asians, for islanders, etc.
It gets a little tiresome that whites are the only ones that get jumped on and accused of being racist if they, like all of these other races, feel more comfortable in an area where they are with people who are like them.

By the way... to the original poster... thank you for your service to your country!

Old 12-22-2007, 04:48 PM

104 posts, read 452,611 times
Thumbs down Grow up!

Quote:
("Moody5" Are you kidding, who cares what you think!)

Sorry about that but it needed to be said, Dont feel bad because you are trying to find a nice safe neighbor hood for your children, I would suggest lakeland if you dont mind driving a little ways to work. Its a nice area. Or maybe even Ray City.
lake park is kinda nice to but maybe a bit to far?

Old 12-22-2007, 09:48 PM

58 posts, read 222,693 times
Thumbs down Boo Who!!!!!!!!

Quote:
{Moody5, do you need some cheese to go with your whine}

Moving to Moody AFB: First of all let me{{{THANK YOU FOR SERVING OUR COUNTRY}}}.
After you have served our country, YOU have the right to live where-ever you choose to live. It's not my place to ? why you want to live in an area with whites'. In fact, it's none of my business. We all have our reasons as to why we ask certain ?s about neighborhoods. It's not wrong to want to live in a neighborhood where we feel safe and our children will be safe. And if people finds wrong in asking a ? like that, well, I pity them. Where-ever you and your family decide to move to, I wish you the best of luck an if you decide to move to Georgia, I welcome you and yours!!!!!

Old 12-23-2007, 12:04 PM

857 posts, read 4,878,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyK View Post
I'm in the AF, and am relocating to Moody AFB GA. I was wondering if anyone had any information about the local area's. The best places you think a white family of three should look to live. Does anyone know where I can look up house rentals?
When my son transferred from Kadena AFB to Shady J in NC he lived on base for a few months til he got the lay of the land, but he didn't have a family so that was easy to do. He also knew several guys from Okinawa that moved there a few months before him. Do you know anyone who is already on that base that you can ask about neighborhoods and schools?
If nothing else, ask someone there (call a real estate office) to send you the RE section of the sunday paper so that you can start to familiarize yourself with the prices in that area.
Best of luck to you.

Old 12-28-2007, 05:47 AM

12 posts, read 101,294 times
Valdosta is a great place. You can look up websites for the following realtors: The Herndon Company, Barbara Barker Realty, Coldwell Banker....just google Valdosta realtors and they have many online listings. You can also check out the Valdostadailytimes.com for classifieds. Good luck...you will love Valdosta.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:27 PM

2 posts, read 10,751 times
First of all why would you reply to her stupid comment with another stupid comment. Not all of us WHITE people feel there is any difference between colors or lack of. And CrazyK this is 2010, some part of you is obviously military so you better start getting used to the dark.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:33 PM

2 posts, read 10,751 times
One more thing Crazyk I would walk with my head down, along with the rest of your wanna be kkk buddies. White people got crazy people too so do not even front like your family is all perfect, ha!

Old 08-11-2010, 09:00 PM

1,941 posts, read 9,238,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AF Lady View Post
. . . And CrazyK this is 2010, some part of you is obviously military so you better start getting used to the dark.

The comment was made in 2007. Times, they were a differn't back then.

Why don't you be-bop on over to the atlanta forum and jump on the blacks wanting to live with their own color? Don't be hatin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia