Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 02:17 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,189,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox1 View Post
This would be great to have, but when I go to the Pickens co site, I only find the tax assessors monthly meeting info. Could you elaborate on how to do this?
Not sure about all counties in GA. In Cobb, the Assessor has all the public real estate info available online.

Cobb County Assessor's Office
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 10:35 AM

2 posts, read 3,207 times
This is the most assanine and frustrating practice in all of real estate. The square footage of a home IS MOST DEFINITELY important. Have you ever been in a 2,200 sq. ft. 5 br home? It's a lot different than a 3,200 sq. ft. 5 br home.

Every other state just has an automatic "approximate" or "per assessor" in all MLS listings so that there is no basis for lawsuits.

Georgia realtors are just plain scared, ignorant, and lazy.

Old 01-26-2010, 10:51 AM

2 posts, read 3,207 times
I just found out that as of 1/14/10 the two MLS services in the Atlanta metro area now an area to put square footage, as long as the agent lists the source.

Way to go!

Old 07-09-2010, 11:48 AM

33 posts, read 220,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30309guy View Post
This is the most assanine and frustrating practice in all of real estate. The square footage of a home IS MOST DEFINITELY important. Have you ever been in a 2,200 sq. ft. 5 br home? It's a lot different than a 3,200 sq. ft. 5 br home.

Every other state just has an automatic "approximate" or "per assessor" in all MLS listings so that there is no basis for lawsuits.

Georgia realtors are just plain scared, ignorant, and lazy.
I agree. SQUARE FOOTAGE is important when dealing with the price.

Is it matter 2,100 sq ft vs 2,500 sq ft if all other variable are the same and you like the house? Maybe not ... Smaller house can have better feel than larger house just because of the floor plan/layout alone.

Is it matter to the price negotiation? Yes. It is very important in my opinion. Not all the homes in the neighborhood are the same. 4 beds in 2,500 sq ft size will had their price significantly higher than 4 beds in 2,100 sq ft size.
What matter is when you try to do the comp analysis and set your max bid on the house. You don't want to set the price on smaller house up to the price on larger house. Obviously these are 2 different classes.

If you don't believe, do some research on your neighborhood market price. Unless it was foreclosure or in bad shape.

Old 12-08-2015, 02:26 PM

1 posts, read 609 times
Square footage does matter...if it didn't why would price/sf be quoted as an evaluation to determine worth.
Location is important but if houses in the area have accurate sf then your house is now inflated.
If you had to sell the house in the future, your valuation base would be affected.

I do live in California. Looked at a home in a very high priced coastal town in Alabama and the house was measured 1000ft below what was advertised and my initial offer was based. So, that added leverage in the adjustment of the purchase price. We don't have brains wired with measuring tape...that's why the appraisal is done.

I wouldn't listen to the bozos that are saying don't make waves....I'd threaten they falsely advertised the house.
Up until final closing, you have every right to pull out and get your earnest money back if something that was advertised differs than what you based your offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
View detailed profiles of: