Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 07:01 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,859,218 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 05:20 PM

72,979 posts, read 62,563,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeahitsme View Post
Okay since so many people like to get on here and make uneducated statements about places like Cartersville not being diverse but at the same time will say that a place Kennesaw is. Take a look at this:

Races in Kennesaw:

White Non-Hispanic (79.0%)
Black (9.9%)
Hispanic (6.2%)
Other race (2.5%)
Two or more races (2.4%)
Asian Indian (0.7%)
American Indian (0.7%)
Korean (0.6%)

Races in Cartersville:

White Non-Hispanic (73.8%)
Black (17.0%)
Hispanic (7.3%)
Other race (3.8%)
Two or more races (1.5%)
American Indian (0.6%)

These numbers are from 2000 and the number of minorities in Cartersville has gone up a lot so people please stop with all of these uneducated "facts" about Cartersville and how it is so conservative and full of nothing but white people who don't like anybody but other white people!

Now if you want to say it isn't diverse when compared to Marietta or parts of Gwinnett then fine but I've seen so many on here say that Cartersville wasn't compared to Kennesaw!
Actually, the demographics have changed.

Kennesaw: //www.city-data.com/races/races...w-Georgia.html
Cartersville, well, I can't find the most recent records.

Old 09-25-2010, 08:59 PM

1,265 posts, read 3,460,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeahitsme View Post
I'm a young black male and have lived in Cartersville for most of my life. Outside a few ghetto areas (MLK, Summer Hill, Briarwood, West End, Etc) It is very safe, diverse, and welcoming. I go to church but most people I know don't. The schools are very diverse and some of the best in the state. I haven't had problems with racism in Cartersville, but the rest of Bartow County is different. Bartow County does have a meth problem and a racism probelm but you won't find that in the city limits of Cartersville or Euharlee (a small bedroom community outside of Cartersville) With the Metro Atlanta living but the cost of rural living you will love it here.

The city has a lot of blacks and Mexicans. Cartersville High School is half minorties and half white.

The city is growing with people from everywhere from every background.

The crime is limited to the ghetto areas mentioned above. There have been murders and a lot of drug problems in that area but the rest of Cartersville is different. Most people who don't live in those areas will tell you Cartersville is the most quiet and safe place they have been.

My neighborhood is half black and half white and we have no problem with the white neighbors. The white people in Cartersville are very polite but don't fool Cartersville people with the rest of Bartow.

Gwinnett County has a bad gang problem, especially in the Hispanic Community. Dekalb County has a crime problem but what differs from Cartersville is that theres can be found even in the middle-upper class neighborhoods where in Cartersville the problems are limited to the "hood".

I repeat, you will love Cartersville!
Agreed. Meth is a big problem in many of Georgia' rural counties. Cartersville is certainly no exception, but I would not call it the "meth capital of Georgia." That title would probably go to one or more of the counties near the northern border of the State. Generally speaking, the further away you get from Atlanta, to more prominent meth is going to be, as compared to other street drugs.

Cartersville has several very nice neighborhoods, such as The Waterford and The Planters. These are just a couple that come to mind. There are areas to avoid after dark (or at any time of day, really), but this is true with virtually all cities nowadays.

Best of all, outside of rush hour, Cartersville is about 15-20 minutes from Cobb County; and no more than 1 hour from South Atlanta (e.g. the airport.) Many people who live here drive to Atlanta for work and play (yeah, the night life here sucks, BTW. ). The low taxes, rent, mortgages and living expenses you see in Cartersville are very manageable when you are earning an Atlanta salary.

This town is growing fast, along with all the Georgia cities on the northern part of I-75. I imagine Atlanta/Acworth/Cartersville/Calhoun/Dalton/Chattanooga will be one conjoined metropolitin area one of these days.

I noticed that a lot of people who bashed our city don't live here. Take that into consideration.

Old 09-28-2010, 03:21 AM

950 posts, read 3,190,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Actually, the demographics have changed.

Kennesaw: //www.city-data.com/races/races...w-Georgia.html
Cartersville, well, I can't find the most recent records.
Here you go: //www.city-data.com/races/races...e-Georgia.html

Old 09-28-2010, 12:21 PM

72,979 posts, read 62,563,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
It's from 2000. Kennesaw has the changes from 2000 to 2008. Cartersville doesn't have that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia