Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2011, 02:33 PM

64 posts, read 84,944 times

Advertisements

Hi all

I too am seriously considering a move to Georgia. I was considering the Lawrenceville, or Lithonia area. Are these good places for kids? I am a single mother of three 14,11 and 8. I will be relocating from NYC so I really am looking for a slower pace of life. Ideally I would like to rent a home with the options to buy. my income affords me something in the area of 1100/month for rent and such.

Where would you all recommend for good schools and employment opportunity. I am currently an office manager for a staff of 50 and have several years of administrative experience.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 12:23 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,644,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT942 View Post
Hi all

I too am seriously considering a move to Georgia. I was considering the Lawrenceville, or Lithonia area. Are these good places for kids? I am a single mother of three 14,11 and 8. I will be relocating from NYC so I really am looking for a slower pace of life. Ideally I would like to rent a home with the options to buy. my income affords me something in the area of 1100/month for rent and such.

Where would you all recommend for good schools and employment opportunity. I am currently an office manager for a staff of 50 and have several years of administrative experience.

Thanks in advance
I would look more at Gwinnett County. Lithonia is not horrible but it is not the best either. Lawrenceville is ok but I would look more at Suwanee, Duluth or Norcross areas.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:29 PM

Location: Valdosta, GA (Northside), grew up in Emmitsburg, MD
94 posts, read 352,886 times
All those places you mention are relatively the same. A suburb is a suburb. They basically all look a like, nothing unique. Norcross, Duluth, etc is just like gaithersburg, germantown, MD (suburbs of DC) and suburbs of any other city. Cul de sacs galore and fantasyland street names.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:36 AM

670 posts, read 1,277,674 times
Hi Reclick! I noticed your location as Valdosta, GA. I am from that area currently living in Tampa, FL. Lately, I've been thinking AGAIN of moving to Valdosta. I lived in Northern VA for 20 years before moving to Tampa and am afraid Valdosta would be too slow but then there are certain qualities that I love about it. What's your take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reclick1 View Post
All those places you mention are relatively the same. A suburb is a suburb. They basically all look a like, nothing unique. Norcross, Duluth, etc is just like gaithersburg, germantown, MD (suburbs of DC) and suburbs of any other city. Cul de sacs galore and fantasyland street names.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:39 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,191,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reclick1 View Post
If schools matter, then "a suburb is a suburb" is anything but true. Do your research.

Generally, most people would probably agree that North Fulton, East Cobb, North Gwinnett, and parts of Fayette County probably have the best schools in the metro. Other areas close to those also have very good schools.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
If schools matter, then "a suburb is a suburb" is anything but true. Do your research.

Generally, most people would probably agree that North Fulton, East Cobb, North Gwinnett, and parts of Fayette County probably have the best schools in the metro. Other areas close to those also have very good schools.
I don't have to do my research. I have done my experience and what is betetr than that? Not everyone cares about schools. Not everyone goes to school or ahs kids that go to school. The best thing for you to do is just stay in your big SUV on your cellphone and yap a million miles a minute. Since you try to support suburbanite lifestyles then don't even communicate with me again. Most suburbanites are clueless ditzes, and selfish hogs who have to buy the biggest product out there- the messed up thin is that they do not utilize what they buy to its true worth, a lot let it just sit there to 'show' people or something. The funny thing is thoguh, most people do not care, they are worried about what they have for their own selves, who cares if another suburbanite has a 50 foot RV or whatever. Use it and make it mean something rather than exhibiting it.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:30 AM

Default Valdostans

Quote:
Originally Posted by NALEXAND View Post
Hi Reclick! I noticed your location as Valdosta, GA. I am from that area currently living in Tampa, FL. Lately, I've been thinking AGAIN of moving to Valdosta. I lived in Northern VA for 20 years before moving to Tampa and am afraid Valdosta would be too slow but then there are certain qualities that I love about it. What's your take?
We will talk soon. Thanks. Valdostans are very slooooow movers I tell ya. it is one thing that could cause to move out faster than I arrived, lol. There are other things though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia