Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 12:07 PM

1,941 posts, read 9,237,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by debra1963 View Post
I know a woman that works at the power company and her two kids are in Valdosta schools right now and have been for years and she has never had to pay for them to be there.
If I were tax-paying citizen within the city limits of valdosta, i'd be pretty pissed off about that.

So valdosta residents are paying the education bills for out-of-state students?

Something doesn't seem right about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 03:26 AM

10 posts, read 13,383 times
Default lake park

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorChris View Post
Hello:

I'm new to the forum, and am here because I am looking at a family relocation to South Georgia. While it's all still up in the air right now, it's a strong possibility that we'd be looking at the Lake Park Community. Can anyone offer insight into this community?

Thanks
hi, i was wondering id you moved yo lake park, ga. if so, any info would be great. we r relocating to that area.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedbeme View Post
hi, i was wondering id you moved yo lake park, ga. if so, any info would be great. we r relocating to that area.

None of these members you're responding to are active here.

click their name and look at their posts; I don't think any of them actually moved here.

everything that's been said here about the area still applies. Only thing to add is that city hall is a complete disaster area right now.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:54 PM

HOw is city hall a complete disaster area right now?

Old 10-02-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
HOw is city hall a complete disaster area right now?

lots of fighting, accusations, resignations, firings, etc. . .etc. . .

they elected a new mayor, he then fired the city clerk of almost 30 years, fired the police chief, can't remember who else. everyone in the city was pissed.

did not discuss this with any council members, refused to discuss it after the firings; no one in the clerk's office knows how to use the software to write checks, pay the city bills, run the day-to-day operations.

two council members resigned, mayor finally resigned. there's no one left that knows how to actually run the city. they can't afford to have anyone trained on how to use the system they bought, and they can't afford to buy a new system.

i haven't been keeping up with it lately. its just a mess down there. last i heard they were trying to convince the previous city clerk to come back.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:39 AM

Wow, I have never heard anything like this before. It seems a little strange, and I am not sure how that will effect us as a family, but I hope not too much. The other city we are looking at is Hahira, but it is 30 miles from my husband's job that is in Lake Park. So, it only makes sense to stay in the city where his job is at. I was told that people were moving out of this city. Would the city hall being in shammbles be the main reason, or are there other factors involved?

Old 10-03-2012, 06:17 PM

Quote:
The other city we are looking at is Hahira, but it is 30 miles from my husband's job that is in Lake Park. So, it only makes sense to stay in the city where his job is at.
hahira is nice; its about equal distance from valdosta as lake park, and the schools are the highest rated in the county.

for those with kids, it seems to be a more family oriented town. they've always got something going on downtown in the park.

but yeh, its a 30 min ride to work for your husband.

Quote:
I was told that people were moving out of this city. Would the city hall being in shammbles be the main reason, or are there other factors involved?
i really don't know. most of the new developments all seem to be happening north of valdosta though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia