Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2014, 05:40 PM

567 posts, read 890,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Thanks for the info. I always wondered what those ditches are used for. I can't imagine how much money must go into maintaing those wetlands.
One thing to know about Clayton has the best water management system in the state of Georgia, definitely one of the best in the South and its been said in the world. There have been individuals from the Middle East that have come to observe what the county has done in order to develop such a sophisticated system. The reason is because, Clayton started to plan for its current system back in the 50s, therefore its an oasis in comparison to the rest of the metro area.. and my friends when we think about future development trends.. where there is water, that is where life will be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2014, 05:45 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,777,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Thanks for the info. I always wondered what those ditches are used for. I can't imagine how much money must go into maintaing those wetlands.
Its a good question. Supposedly they are far cheaper to build and operate. The problem is they take up a really large amount of real estate, which might be very limited or expensive to require.

Old 12-01-2014, 10:46 AM

32,027 posts, read 36,803,640 times
Looks like Georgia is going after its share of the Tennessee river.

Guest Column: We need water from the mighty Tennessee - Reporter Newspapers

Old 12-01-2014, 11:04 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,880,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Looks like Georgia is going after its share of the Tennessee river.

Guest Column: We need water from the mighty Tennessee - Reporter Newspapers
It really is ridiculous how uncooperative TN is being. The Tennessee River has like 100 times the water as the Chattahoochee basin. There is a mutually beneficial compromise that could be easily reached here and I hope TN will work with us. But If not GA should have the original state boundary restored.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
It really is ridiculous how uncooperative TN is being. The Tennessee River has like 100 times the water as the Chattahoochee basin. There is a mutually beneficial compromise that could be easily reached here and I hope TN will work with us. But If not GA should have the original state boundary restored.
So true, jsvh. The Tennessee is so huge they would never even miss it.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:23 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,393,037 times
Quote:
So true, jsvh. The Tennessee is so huge they would never even miss it.
I'm sure the good folks from Tennessee will come up with some Tennessee River mollusk that must have all of that water beyond all other needs.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:34 AM

If we slant drilled into that thing and pulled out a few hundred million gallons a day I doubt they'd even notice.

Old 12-01-2014, 12:22 PM

749 posts, read 887,359 times
Quote:
If we slant drilled into that thing and pulled out a few hundred million gallons a day I doubt they'd even notice.
I like your thinking, Arjay.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:32 AM

1,979 posts, read 2,384,400 times
Right on Ckimbro!

Easy to ignore it when it's not in your face, indeed. lol

Old 06-22-2015, 10:26 AM

2,092 posts, read 3,225,471 times
Default Georgia’s move to dismiss Supreme Court ‘water wars’ case is denied

WASHINGTON — The Florida-Georgia “water wars” case will carry on, as a special master appointed by the U.S. Supreme Court denied Georgia’s motion to dismiss the lawsuit.

Special Master Ralph I. Lancaster ruled that the federal government does not have to be a party to the case, and also kept Alabama out of the litigation.

Georgia argued this month in the first open hearing of the case that Florida cannot sue Georgia on its own because the federal government should be part of the case. The feds disagreed, stacking the odds against the motion.

Georgia argued that the best legal remedy for Florida would be guaranteeing a certain amount of water flowing over the state line, which would require the Army Corps of Engineers to be a part of the solution, because it runs the dams.

That wasn’t good enough for Lancaster, who wrote in his ruling Friday:

“Georgia has failed to carry its burden because it has provided no evidence — none — supporting its claims..."

Full Story: Georgia’s move to dismiss Supreme Court ‘water wars’ case is denied | Political Insider blog

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia