Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 09:35 PM

7 posts, read 25,642 times

Advertisements

Hey, I am a soon-to-be college grad in my early twenties who will be returning to Warner Robins to work full time on the base (have lived there during highschool). I was just wondering if anyone knew any good locations to meet single women, whether it'd be clubs, bars, random hangouts, whatever in WR or nearby Macon. (Don't tell me Cafe Erotica or those other places I've seen are an option, are they? =p)

I know Warner Robins is heavily family orientated, and restaurants seem to be a big thing over there, so I'm guessing singles have a really hard time meeting new people and friends. It seems like the average age is around the mid-thirties anyway, but there has to be some other fellow singles out there who can probably give some suggestions.

I just don't want to be focused primarily on work and the thought of moving elsewhere immediately. Any advice would be appreciated :].
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2007, 11:49 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,889,276 times
I think you'll find the most common answer will be "church functions" in those areas.

Old 11-12-2007, 01:32 PM

Well that bites, though I consider myself a Christian still, I'm not really involved in church. I guess I can see how many people meet that way, considering how heavily religious some people are in the South. Do a lot of singles still attend church by themselves?

Any other suggestions? There must be something you guys go and do in these towns.

Old 11-13-2007, 04:06 AM

511 posts, read 2,477,421 times
First Fridays in Downtown Macon, streets are blocked, concerts are going on, and clubs have special events going on to the people celebrating First Fridays walking the streets. There are many singles out walkin around, there are also people driving around on certain unblocked streets checking out the scenary. First Fridays began about two-three years ago, its a major events, and brings huge amount of cash to downtwon businesses. The events take place every First Friday of the month, and the January event is always a ball, people come from all around to celebrate the First Friday of the year in Downtwon Macon. Last year they had an amazing fireworks show. Luckily this event is around the corner, but if you cant wait until then the next First Friday will be December 7, 2007. You can also check out the Macon Mall especially during Christmas, Thanksgiving, and the first and middle parts of the month when people are getting paid.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:20 AM

21 posts, read 57,193 times
If you don't like church try a special interest club or volunteer work in something you like.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:55 AM

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check those out when I return. I didn't know about those First Friday events at all -- sounds really interesting.

Feel free to add anything else if you can.

Old 07-21-2008, 04:12 AM

8 posts, read 30,304 times
Are you male or female?

Old 07-21-2008, 09:04 AM

75 posts, read 275,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domi4 View Post
Well that bites, though I consider myself a Christian still, I'm not really involved in church. I guess I can see how many people meet that way, considering how heavily religious some people are in the South. Do a lot of singles still attend church by themselves?

Any other suggestions? There must be something you guys go and do in these towns.

i attend a church in warner robins/kathleen... yes, we have several young, single girls that attend our church. most college age girls come home on the weekends and attend with their families before returning to school.

good luck.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnowzerz View Post
Are you male or female?
Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by suz7731
i attend a church in warner robins/kathleen... yes, we have several young, single girls that attend our church. most college age girls come home on the weekends and attend with their families before returning to school.

good luck.
Thanks for the help suz.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:40 PM

8 posts, read 30,304 times
Reason I asked, my daughter is looking too, and she is 22, and doesn't actively go to church! LOL She graduated in 04 from Northside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
View detailed profiles of: