Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 02:53 PM

8 posts, read 107,697 times

Advertisements

Are you a licensed childcare provider? If so, I'd like to consult with you further. Please click on my user name and send me your information directly. I think the site does not allow you to post this information in a public forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 09:12 AM

2,819 posts, read 10,400,582 times
There are also a couple day care providers in Dacula. Fence Road by Auburn Road, Dacula Road just past the CVS, Hamilton Mill just inside the development.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:02 AM

17 posts, read 70,646 times
Default Relocating ...need daycare help ASAP!!!

I saw a few things posted about daycares in Lawrenceville. I am relocating from South Florida with my hubby and 3 children to either Lawrenceville or Snellville area.
My kids are 6, 3 and infant. Need help finding daycare for 3 yr and possible 4 month. We both work in education field and my husband will be working in Clayton county and I will probably work in Gwinnett but not secured yet. We are used to commuting because anything down here takes 45 min to 1 hour easily with traffic to get to so commute is not problem but we are looking at placing my 6 yr old in private christian school in that area since he is coming from a private christian school of same nature down here with same type of program.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. My daughters daycare down here was great and included internet viewing to watch her. Looking for something of similar caliber...will pay for quality and to know she is safe and secure. Looking for nurturing clean environment with loving teachers- first and foremost. Currently she attends 3 days a week and infant has been home with me since born. Not sure if I will work right away as I teach online classes for a University to earn money so there is some flexibility there but I can't get any grading done unless she is in school at least part time (and she needs to be in that environment as she will be going to school soon). Thanks. Oh by the way we are looking at moving within 1 month. Ugggghhhh...help!

Old 11-11-2009, 09:11 AM

8 posts, read 107,697 times
Default Follow up to horrible childcare!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermom3 View Post
I saw a few things posted about daycares in Lawrenceville. I am relocating from South Florida with my hubby and 3 children to either Lawrenceville or Snellville area.
My kids are 6, 3 and infant. Need help finding daycare for 3 yr and possible 4 month. We both work in education field and my husband will be working in Clayton county and I will probably work in Gwinnett but not secured yet. We are used to commuting because anything down here takes 45 min to 1 hour easily with traffic to get to so commute is not problem but we are looking at placing my 6 yr old in private christian school in that area since he is coming from a private christian school of same nature down here with same type of program.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. My daughters daycare down here was great and included internet viewing to watch her. Looking for something of similar caliber...will pay for quality and to know she is safe and secure. Looking for nurturing clean environment with loving teachers- first and foremost. Currently she attends 3 days a week and infant has been home with me since born. Not sure if I will work right away as I teach online classes for a University to earn money so there is some flexibility there but I can't get any grading done unless she is in school at least part time (and she needs to be in that environment as she will be going to school soon). Thanks. Oh by the way we are looking at moving within 1 month. Ugggghhhh...help!
Where you able to secure any daycare?? I am now going on daycare number 6 for my daughter. Thank god that my 5 year old has recently started kindergarten so now I only pay for aftercare for him. But my daughter who is almost 4, has been bounced around daycares since we relocated here in 2007, the last one she was at she complained of the teachers screaming at her and even hitting her. I had to remain my composure when she told me this because I would be locked up as I type this. Because she was only 3 at the time, it was her word against the teachers in which the teacher denied, and since there was no physical evidence or camera's, I had nothing to substantiate her claims. So I pulled her out of that daycare, now she is in another one where I am also having some problems. I don't know what the hell is wrong with these country bumpkins up in Lawrenceville area, but there is something to be said about the poor quality of childcare in the area. I am just counting down the days until she starts school. I am highly disappointed that I had to go through this, and regret that I moved here.

I wish I could give you a recommendation around this area, but as you can see I have had bad experience after bad, hopefully you were able to be more successful than I was.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:38 PM

1 posts, read 7,664 times
Try Legacy Academy on Sugarloaf Parkway. They are NAEYC accredited. My daughter has been going there for four years.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:48 AM

3 posts, read 22,645 times
Default HI Mom!

I am also a Lawrenceville working mom of two. I did exactly as you did truing to find child care and considered working from home or quiting all out, but then one of the members on the board at Lawrenceville First United Methodist let me know they were opening up a full day child care/preschool. My children have been there three year now and they love it. I count my blessings every day for this place. The teachers have been working in child care for many years and most of them came with the director. These ladies will love your children from morning to night and they will never come home with a runny nose. My son and daughter both have learned spanish and my daughter does ballet there. My son went to the pre k this year and had only 8 children in his class. The building is a little old, but the people are good christian women and men who love children. They go to chapel once a week and learn about god and the bible. To me the most important thing is they love my children and I know my children feel safe and secure while I am at work. This is located inside Lawrenceville first united methodist right in down town lawrenceville and its called Kids Crossing Learning Center. They provide free breakfast and lunch and the prices overall beat anychild care in georgia because they are non profit. Good luck!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommieinga View Post
I just relocated to Lawrenceville, GA and have two small children under 4, and I have been having a very difficult time finding quality care. The ones I have been to are disgusting...very dirty and unclean, they do not care about your kids, and barely speak to them, and feed them very poor quality food. I pick my kids up and they are filthy. They never wipe my 2 year olds nose, and the teachers scream and yell at the kids when the parents are not around. I am so stressed that I can barely work. I have no family here, and have no other alternatives. I have been to about 10 daycares in the area, and all of them are horrible! I am thinking about quitting my job and just live off of my husband's income because they are just this bad. Therefore I would not recommed anyone with small children and in need of care to move to this area.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:59 AM

Hi mom out there, I just posted a REply about Kids Crossing Learning Center! If you cant find the number I will send another post. They offer full day child care and a half day mothers morning out. They offer summer camps and before and after school care. The full day childcare has music and spanish each week, as well as several extra like weekly ballet. YOu can send your children five days a week or just two or three. These ladies are so sweet and there are a couple of guys that work there, but they have all been there since the school opened and they are all good christian people. when my son just graduated from the first full day preschool class, we were so impressed with it all. They offer free lunch and breakfast, and the pre k goes on many engaging field trips. We are a very educated family and I looked at 20 or more facilities in the area. The building is older, but dont let that change your opinion! I have 8 children in our neighborhood that drive more than 20 minutes just so out children can be part of this environment!! Best wishes to you all!!

Old 06-14-2010, 08:03 AM

Hi mom of three, you are welcome to email me at removed - do not post your personal email address in the forums. My husband and I are both educators in the lawrenceville area and we know of alot of good child care situations and also situations of good christian schools. Best wishes with your search!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermom3 View Post

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 09-29-2011 at 12:21 PM..

Old 06-16-2010, 10:45 AM

375 posts, read 1,381,044 times
The Christian daycare's in Lawrenceville are THE BEST!

Old 07-07-2011, 06:10 PM

1 posts, read 6,948 times
I am movng to Lawrenceville from Florida in a few months and I am looking for a daycare or school that take 2 year old that have specials need. I am new to the area and I would like to find a daycare or school for my two year old where his needs a met and he is learning. Please email me at removed-do not post personal email address in the forum with any information Thank You

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 09-29-2011 at 12:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia