Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 08:56 AM

8 posts, read 107,691 times

Advertisements

I just relocated to Lawrenceville, GA and have two small children under 4, and I have been having a very difficult time finding quality care. The ones I have been to are disgusting...very dirty and unclean, they do not care about your kids, and barely speak to them, and feed them very poor quality food. I pick my kids up and they are filthy. They never wipe my 2 year olds nose, and the teachers scream and yell at the kids when the parents are not around. I am so stressed that I can barely work. I have no family here, and have no other alternatives. I have been to about 10 daycares in the area, and all of them are horrible! I am thinking about quitting my job and just live off of my husband's income because they are just this bad. Therefore I would not recommed anyone with small children and in need of care to move to this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 02:45 PM

4 posts, read 39,471 times
Hi,

I just relocated to Duluth (Gwinnett County) from NJ. I too have visited many Childcare Centers that were just very impersonal. My neighbor referred me to Sheltering Arms and we love it! My child is learning, kept clean, well fed,,anxious to go in the morning and slow to leave in the eve. I don't know if there is a location near you but you may call 404-523-2767 or visit www.shelteringarmsforkids.com.

Wish you the best!

Old 12-12-2007, 03:31 PM

612 posts, read 2,777,796 times
My daughter goes to Country Crossings and it is worth every darn, expensive penny I pay for it. I'm not sure if they have anything close to you but you could check it out.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:22 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,033,429 times
Try The Buttercup House.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedeeaustin View Post
Hi,

I just relocated to Duluth (Gwinnett County) from NJ. I too have visited many Childcare Centers that were just very impersonal. My neighbor referred me to Sheltering Arms and we love it! My child is learning, kept clean, well fed,,anxious to go in the morning and slow to leave in the eve. I don't know if there is a location near you but you may call 404-523-2767 or visit www.shelteringarmsforkids.com.

Wish you the best!

Thanks for the referral. I will definately give them a call. As of now I have been laid off, which may have been a blessing in disguise as far as my children are concerned. However until I find employment, I can spend some time looking for quality care.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:42 AM

1 posts, read 28,005 times
Hi,
I live in Lawrenceville and I have a 4 & 5 year old... I have been using Fountain Park Academy for over 2 years now & I absolutely love them! Suprisingly, they are the cheapest one I have found, they also have a wonderful staff! Moderator cut: Please use DM (Direct message) and/ or e-mail, since this is considered advertisement.Hope this helps you some!
Please refrain for using/ publishing personal info.

Last edited by MB2; 02-20-2009 at 07:39 AM..

Old 01-19-2008, 06:43 AM

Thanks very much for the referral. I went to visit Fountain Park Academy yesterday, and the center is very clean and they seem to be very big on educating your children. I just got a job offer that is about 2 miles from the center, and my children will be starting on the 28th of January.

I also called the Sheltering Arm Center, however they had no openings in either Duluth or Lawrenceville.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:21 AM

19 posts, read 100,160 times
Good afternoon I was living there from NJ and my daughter went to an excellent child care center called Almost Home Child Care and I loved it there. They are not expensive at all and are very nice people. I am going to send her back there cause I am planning on moving back down there soon I hate NJ and the child care center where she goes here I pay 200.00 a week for PT. When I pick her up she looks so dirty and nasty. So my husband just told them about it 3 days ago it makes no sense for all the money we pay.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:54 AM

1 posts, read 27,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommieinga View Post
I just relocated to Lawrenceville, GA and have two small children under 4, and I have been having a very difficult time finding quality care. The ones I have been to are disgusting...very dirty and unclean, they do not care about your kids, and barely speak to them, and feed them very poor quality food. I pick my kids up and they are filthy. They never wipe my 2 year olds nose, and the teachers scream and yell at the kids when the parents are not around. I am so stressed that I can barely work. I have no family here, and have no other alternatives. I have been to about 10 daycares in the area, and all of them are horrible! I am thinking about quitting my job and just live off of my husband's income because they are just this bad. Therefore I would not recommed anyone with small children and in need of care to move to this area.
Have you tried Lawrenceville Academy, they seem to be very good and well run. I know that they are clean and have a cook on staff there..I teach Karate in their after school program and they also offer dance and piano lessions.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:23 PM

1 posts, read 27,070 times
Default Reponse to mommieinga

I'm sorry that your experience finding adequate daycare has not been a pleasant experience. Please don't clump all daycare providers in the Lawrenceville area in the same category. I run a daycare center that has been awarded "Homes of Distinction", out of a house that I purchased as an investment property 5 years ago. Moderator cut: Please use DM (direct message) and/ or personal e-mail, since this is considered advertising your services.
[color=black][FONT=Verdana]Please don't get discourage, and quit your job. There are too many people out here praying for a job. I would be glad to set-up an appointment with you and your family about enrolling your children. I would be very interested in knowing where you have been looking for care, and how much you were spending for that care. Before setting an appointment with me, please be prepared to share with me exactly what your expectations are for your children's daycare. If you are interested in restoring your faith in the Lawrenceville area daycare providers, I can be reach at Please no advertisement and/ or personal info ![quote=mommieinga;2233087]I just relocated to Lawrenceville, GA and have two small children under 4, and I have been having a very difficult time finding quality care. The ones I have been to are disgusting...very dirty and unclean, they do not care about your kids, and barely speak to them, and feed them very poor quality food. I pick my kids up and they are filthy. They never wipe my 2 year olds nose, and the teachers scream and yell at the kids when the parents are not around. I am so stressed that I can barely work. I have no family here, and have no other alternatives. I have been to about 10 daycares in the area, and all of them are horrible! I am thinking about quitting my job and just live off of my husband's income because they are just this bad. Therefore I would not recommed anyone with small children and in need of care to move to this area.[/

Last edited by MB2; 02-20-2009 at 07:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia