Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2015, 07:01 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe kenn View Post
You are a bit bizarre as well my friend. I've read these blogs for a couple of years. I've only seen you comment on Ga/SC comparisons. That's because even though you won't admit you do think SC is the better state. It's pretty obvious that you do.
You are borderline trolling; I have commented on tons of topics all throughout this forum with Georgia/SC comparisons being among the least of topics. And for the record (although it's quite unnecessary for me to explain myself to you), I believe that it's obvious that Atlanta is head and shoulders over any other city in SC, but SC's largest cities have the edge on Georgia's second-tier cities--which even many Georgians feel is true. That's what this thread is actually all about, just in case it was lost on you.

Now, if you can comprehend the topic of this discussion which has NOTHING to do with a GA vs SC slugfest, then how about make meaningful contributions to advance it. Otherwise, sit back and observe peacefully and stop getting personal with people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 07:06 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,036,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
It is. Clemson is in Pickens Co, which has been apart if the Greenville MSA forever.
Some of Clemson is in Pickens County...some is in Anderson County. I guess it's partially in the Greenville MSA.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:12 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,449,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Some of Clemson is in Pickens County...some is in Anderson County. I guess it's partially in the Greenville MSA.
What? No. Clemson is in Pickens Co, it is a Pickens city. A very, very small portion extends into Anderson. But that doesnt matter, why? Anderson Co is in the Greenville MSA too. Greenville has big Clemson ties, as Redclifee said.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
What? No. Clemson is in Pickens Co, it is a Pickens city. A very, very small portion extends into Anderson. But that doesnt matter, why? Anderson Co is in the Greenville MSA too. Greenville has big Clemson ties, as Redclifee said.
I was going by this: "Most of the city is in Pickens County, which is part of the Greenville-Mauldin-Easley MSA. A small portion is in Anderson County, which is part of the Anderson MSA". Clemson, South Carolina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I had just looked it up before I responded and saw that.

I'm not big on the "big Clemson ties" thing with Greenville. Clemson is on the outer edges of the Greenville MSA and seems to be very independent of Greenville...there is actually no mention of Greenville on the entire Wikipedia page for Clemson: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clemson_University and on the Greenville Wikipedia page there is one mention of Clemson as one of 8 institutions of higher education of the University Center of Greenville Consortium: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenville,_South_Carolina . I guess we can just have different opinions on that one as it is a subjective topic.

Last edited by JoeTarheel; 06-01-2015 at 07:29 PM..

Old 06-01-2015, 07:19 PM

70 posts, read 72,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
You are borderline trolling; I have commented on tons of topics all throughout this forum with Georgia/SC comparisons being among the least of topics. And for the record (although it's quite unnecessary for me to explain myself to you), I believe that it's obvious that Atlanta is head and shoulders over any other city in SC, but SC's largest cities have the edge on Georgia's second-tier cities--which even many Georgians feel is true. That's what this thread is actually all about, just in case it was lost on you.

Now, if you can comprehend the topic of this discussion which has NOTHING to do with a GA vs SC slugfest, then how about make meaningful contributions to advance it. Otherwise, sit back and observe peacefully and stop getting personal with people.
Well ok then...you have been personal with me as well. I'm not trolling...if I was on the SC forum posting this stuff then that may qualify as trolling. But you can't say I'm trolling just because I like Georgia better than SC. did you that SC is 50th unsafiest state in America. Georgia is at 34th but that's still better. I do comprehend this thread but I appreciate you clarifying your views...I get it now.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:24 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,324,870 times
Quote:
SC's rate of growth is a little higher than NC or GA, but the growth in raw numbers is much higher for NC and GA. GA and NC both grew by about twice the actual number of SC. List of U.S. states by population growth rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Either way they are all growing very fast. I don't see a lot of difference between GA and SC except for land area and one massive city....mountains/foothills, Piedmont, coastal plains, beaches, agriculture, tourism, military, etc. The quality of life isn't drastically different in either.
Only because of Atlanta in Georgia's case. SC doesn't have one mega city.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:29 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,935,590 times
Clemson may be in Greenville's MSA but that just shows the weakness of their definitions of MSAs. Clemson is a college town through and through. Probably more commuters to Anderson than Greenville from Clemson

Old 06-01-2015, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
Only because of Atlanta in Georgia's case. SC doesn't have one mega city.
It isn't only because of Atlanta, but Atlanta is a big part of it - yet another reason why you can't separate Atlanta when comparing Georgia or its cities to other states and cities.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:34 PM

Quote:
I was going by this: "Most of the city is in Pickens County, which is part of the Greenville-Mauldin-Easley MSA. A small portion is in Anderson County, which is part of the Anderson MSA". Clemson, South Carolina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I had just looked it up before I responded and saw that.

I'm not big on the "big Clemson ties" thing with Greenville. Clemson is on the outer edges of the Greenville MSA and seems to be very independent of Greenville...there is actually no mention of Greenville on the entire Wikipedia page for Clemson: Clemson University - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I guess we can just have different opinions on that one as it is a subjective topic.
Clemson University has departments in Greenville. It's business school and ICAR are located in Greenville because they wanted a more urban setting, transit goes between the 2 also. More ties to Greenville than you think, but no Greenville's success isn't entirely tied to the college. Many other factors. But now we're getting off topic. Sorry OP.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:35 PM

Quote:
It isn't only because of Atlanta, but Atlanta is a big part of it - yet another reason why you can't separate Atlanta when comparing Georgia or its cities to other states and cities.
No Atlanta and things change. It's Atlanta and then everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia