Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 03:00 PM

110 posts, read 178,293 times

Advertisements

Recently Clarkson GA became the first Georgia city to decriminalize less than an ounce. When we went to the Athens town hall and asked the same question, the mayor refused. So to quote Morrissey, when you say it's gonna happen now, what exactly do you mean. See i've already waited so long.
Poll: When will Georgia legalize recreational marijuana? - Poll
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 07:41 AM

7,358 posts, read 6,529,813 times
Hopefully never.

Old 08-26-2016, 05:03 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Hopefully never.

It's already about a 50/50 split. With the trend on legalization nationally, it will be bet a few short years before a clear majority support it. And that's a good thing, there is absolutely no reason it should be illegal when it is less harmful than alcohol and cigarettes.

Poll: Georgia Voters Are Split On Marijuana Legalization | The Weed Blog

Quote:
In an exclusive scientific poll commissioned by 11Alive News and conducted by Survey USA, we sked 1,787 registered voters, “Should the use of marijuana for recreational use by adults in Georgia remain against the law?”

46 percent of respondents said yes, while 45 percent said to make it legal. Another 10 percent said they were not sure.

Old 08-26-2016, 10:06 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Hopefully never.
I bet you're a real hit at parties.

Old 08-27-2016, 04:55 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,929,063 times
We need to legalize medical marijuana first

Old 08-28-2016, 06:02 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
We need to legalize medical marijuana first
Medical marijuana is now legal in Georgia | Political Insider blog
Quote:
The biggest obstacle for those patients remains how they’ll obtain the oil.
I suspect that the highest probability of legalization of marijuana in Georgia comes from the money to be made - agricultural business and taxes. And I suspect that Georgia will make its decisions in the context of the fact that restricting cultivation to just medical marijuana restricts profit potential and tax revenue potential.

Old 08-29-2016, 11:55 AM

110 posts, read 178,293 times
Default How does medical work in Georgia

I know that Georgians can get a prescription for cannabis, but how do they go about filling the script? I haven't seen any dispensaries or pharmacies that have cannabis in stock

Old 08-29-2016, 07:30 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,529,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post

It's already about a 50/50 split. With the trend on legalization nationally, it will be bet a few short years before a clear majority support it. And that's a good thing, there is absolutely no reason it should be illegal when it is less harmful than alcohol and cigarettes.

Poll: Georgia Voters Are Split On Marijuana Legalization | The Weed Blog
I find it funny that the only ones that claim it's less harmful than alcohol and cigarettes are the ones that want it legalized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I bet you're a real hit at parties.
Yea I am, and none of us need pot to be a real "hit."

Old 08-29-2016, 08:56 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
I find it funny that the only ones that claim it's less harmful than alcohol and cigarettes are the ones that want it legalized.

Yea I am, and none of us need pot to be a real "hit."
Because it is less harmful. Do you know how many deaths cannabis has caused? Zero.

Enjoy your booze.

Old 08-30-2016, 02:55 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
That's literally nonsense. Why would anyone who acknowledges that something illegal is less harmful than something legal discern anything other than that the less harmful thing should be legal as well? It is comments like that from opponents of legalization more than anything else that make me question the opposition position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia