Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 09:22 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times

Advertisements

Yet another embarrassment for Georgia. Nice fake accent, moron. It's not Kemp that bothers me, though. It's the ignoramus trolls who see this ad as an example to follow. Let's just hope that if there are any victims when one of the five handguns sitting on the end table or several shotguns leaning against the wall are accidentally discharged, the only victim will be the gun owner and that it will be fatal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 09:26 AM

5,633 posts, read 5,359,373 times
Yeah...my wife told me about this commercial the other day, so I went and looked it up. Easily the most fu...messed up political ad I've seen in a while. Essentially "Hey kid, mess with my daughter and I'll kill you. Let me demonstrate by cocking this gun and pointing it at you. Now all of you, elect me!" What a cretin.

Sad thing is, this guy thinks this will make him popular. But...I mean, we do have a bankrupt-riiden reality show host as a President, so who knows??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
*mic drop* sounds exactly like the kind of person I want for governor. Now if only we could get Cagle to step down and give Kemp a good chance.
Hahaha!! Wait...are you serious?

Old 05-01-2018, 09:29 AM

7,358 posts, read 6,527,927 times
Yes, I am, Cagle has proven himself to be RINO. If he wins, I expect a lot of the progress we've made over the past few years (kicking and screaming) to be thrown away. Deal was bad enough, but I have no respect for Cagle.

Old 05-01-2018, 09:31 AM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
Yeah...my wife told me about this commercial the other day, so I went and looked it up. Easily the most fu...messed up political ad I've seen in a while. Essentially "Hey kid, mess with my daughter and I'll kill you. Let me demonstrate by cocking this gun and pointing it at you. Now all of you, elect me!" What a cretin.

Sad thing is, this guy thinks this will make him popular. But...I mean, we do have a bankrupt-riiden reality show host as a President, so who knows??

Hahaha!! Wait...are you serious?
The sadder thing is that it will. It should get him laughed out of the room, but you're about to see his numbers go up. Just watch.

Old 05-01-2018, 09:32 AM
JPD

Quote:
Yes, I am, Cagle has proven himself to be RINO. If he wins, I expect a lot of the progress we've made over the past few years (kicking and screaming) to be thrown away. Deal was bad enough, but I have no respect for Cagle.
What progress, specifically?

Old 05-01-2018, 09:41 AM

7,358 posts, read 6,527,927 times
2nd amendment, religious freedom are the two top ones.

Old 05-01-2018, 09:48 AM

2,240 posts, read 5,859,250 times
Think about this logically for a second and remove the emotion that is stirred up from the gun topic. Kemp will NEVER be able to win over far left-wing people; not in a million, trillion years. Those folks wouldn't be won over by anyone with an R by their name, no matter how moderate their views may be. His only hope is to win over some of those who will vote for Cagle by default. Because Cagle is more moderate, Kemp's best option is to win over the far right crowd. He's just pandering to that group to win their votes. All politicians do this. Not trying to excuse the ad itself; I'm just pointing out the political maneuvering he's trying to pull off to his advantage. Watch House of Cards and you'll take a Master Class in pandering.

Old 05-01-2018, 09:50 AM

8,486 posts, read 14,999,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMMom View Post
You guys are talking about it and that's exactly what he was hoping for, I think. "Shock" ads work.
I don't understand how people talking about something makes it an effective message. People are talking about this the same way the would talk about the opioid crisis, serial killers, or CAT 5 hurricanes. Just one big disaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMMom View Post
Think about this logically for a second and remove the emotion that is stirred up from the gun topic. Kemp will NEVER be able to win over far left-wing people; not in a million, trillion years. Those folks wouldn't be won over by anyone with an R by their name, no matter how moderate their views may be. His only hope is to win over some of those who will vote for Cagle by default. Because Cagle is more moderate, Kemp's best option is to win over the far right crowd. He's just pandering to that group to win their votes. All politicians do this. Not trying to excuse the ad itself; I'm just pointing out the political maneuvering he's trying to pull off to his advantage. Watch House of Cards and you'll take a Master Class in pandering.
While you say far left, any kind of left-leaning person would not be amiable to his message. But that's not the problem. It's the suburban/urbane educated moderate Republicans who don't want bible thumper Yosemite Sam running Georgia. Why? Because that's bad for business.

Last edited by waronxmas; 05-01-2018 at 10:01 AM..

Old 05-01-2018, 09:55 AM
JPD

Quote:
2nd amendment, religious freedom are the two top ones.
What religious freedom was gained and what progress was made with regard to the 2nd Amendment?

Old 05-01-2018, 09:56 AM

2,240 posts, read 5,859,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
I don't understand how people talking about something makes it an effective message. People are talking about this the same way the would talk about the opioid crisis, serial killers, or CAT 5 hurricanes. Just one big disaster.
Read my other post above. I think he figures that the people who would be offended by the ad are not people who would ever consider voting for him anyway, so whatever. But the ad might win over some extreme right-wing folks who were going to vote for Cagle. So, I guess he would consider it a calculated risk. Nathan Deal's ads way back when were horrible too, remember? But he got elected and then toned down the rhetoric.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia