Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2008, 09:10 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,033,429 times

Advertisements

What is it about car dealerships and their obnoxious commercials? This one from Augusta, GA (Disgusta) takes the cake...
A Pimp, his Hos.. and wheels.. Shazaaaam!

YouTube - Augusta Pimp
This commercial truly epitomizes how ghetto Disgusta is.
This is a real commercial from Augusta, GA..
it has been parodied numerous times on youtube
Anybody come across other funny/obnoxious TV ads from your neck of the woods? Remember the Wolf Man and Donna of Gallery Furniture fame?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2008, 04:52 AM

893 posts, read 790,088 times
OMG I am speechless, but laughing.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:56 AM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruikshl View Post
OMG I am speechless, but laughing.
I kept looking for the railroad tracks, 'cause that was a train wreck!

Old 04-05-2008, 10:43 AM

539 posts, read 2,102,136 times
That is a real commercial?! I thought it was from SNL or MadTV or something?! That is crazy!

Old 04-05-2008, 11:01 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,626,526 times
I've seen some crazy ones, but I'm afraid that one can't be topped, with the plumage and cleavage and the slavery references as well as pimp references. Makes me want to get my "butt in a car"!!!!!!

Thanks, Disgusta!

Old 04-05-2008, 11:16 AM

78 posts, read 99,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgustaSucks View Post
What is it about car dealerships and their obnoxious commercials? This one from Augusta, GA (Disgusta) takes the cake...
A Pimp, his Hos.. and wheels.. Shazaaaam!

YouTube - Augusta Pimp
This commercial truly epitomizes how ghetto Disgusta is.
This is a real commercial from Augusta, GA..
it has been parodied numerous times on youtube
Anybody come across other funny/obnoxious TV ads from your neck of the woods? Remember the Wolf Man and Donna of Gallery Furniture fame?
You are a racist do you know that. This commerical is not even real its fake as can be. Because you saw a black male making a joking commerical it makes augusta ghetto. And why do the girls have to be hos and where is anything about wheels even mentioned. Jesus i didn't know white people like you still excited. Im white but you are a racist. And don't say you aren't racist because you are. Anybody who see's a fake commerical then says it makes augusta ghetto is a racist. If the male had been white we know the word ghetto wouldn't have even came up. The owner of the car dealership is a old white male. Is it still ghetto now. Its amazing how the GOV. from New York can sleep with prostitues. Get young white girls from white males who are real pimps but its not called ghetto. But when a black male jokingly makes a commercial. Somehow he makes not only himself but the whole city of augusta ghetto. And i know let me guess your not racist some of your best friend are black. Give me a break

Old 04-05-2008, 12:13 PM

661 posts, read 2,895,607 times
Take a deep breath, Matrixguy. You're going to have to learn to do what the rest of us Augustans do. Ignore DisgustaSucks. Lots of us live in the Augusta area and actually enjoy what it has to offer.

I've never seen that particular commercial or anything remotely like it on any of the local channels.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:06 PM

This is a real commercial. My family and I laughed at it every time it would come on the air.. There is a real Augusta Express Car dealership.. that's the real phone number.. the real address in the ad.
And it's pretty obvious the guy is dressed as a pimp with his hos in tow. If can't see it then you are blind.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
I've seen some crazy ones, but I'm afraid that one can't be topped, with the plumage and cleavage and the slavery references as well as pimp references. Makes me want to get my "butt in a car"!!!!!!

Thanks, Disgusta!
Yeah the stereotypes being reinforced by this ad are pretty appalling.. My sister first saw it and said.. "YOu won't believe this." It only ran for a short time.. I guess there was a lot of negative feedback. I didn't catch the slavery references.. where was that?
I'm tempted to go by that dealership (it's on washington Rd) and ask them if they can put my butt in a car.. shazamm!

Old 04-05-2008, 01:28 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,626,526 times
It was mainly the use of the whip twice (or the whip sound effect, since I think the object was a walking cane), and the "Dance!" command is somewhere between slavery and sex slavery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia