Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 11:32 PM

7 posts, read 53,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaryl2002
Sorry, I hope I did not insult Atlanta’s upper crust by referring that Buckhead has a crime problem (As long as you keep NFL players out). What I was saying is that you would need to pack some heat at one of many subway station on the Southside of Atlanta.
I grew up in the suburbs of south GEORGIA,Philly and Atlanta.Ive been in the Air Force and have lived all over the U.S. and Europe.If you look at the crime stats for Buckhead, you will see that most of the crimes that occur are of the public nuisance variety.It is the high profile crimes that people perceive to be rampant.Compare those zip codes to those in say parts of Gwinnett you will find that its higher in places where people THINK they are safest.I don't LOVE Buckhead at all but i Think we should be fair about perceptions versus reality.Ive worked in the heart of Buckhead for the last 5years.I have a car but choose MARTA.MARTA by far is one of the safest public transportation systems in the nation.That is a fact not just opinion.The worst you have to deal with is some loud obnoxious kids without proper home trainig.You're right about the NFL players though.LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2006, 11:13 AM

10 posts, read 28,998 times
Default Peachtree city

There is no comparision to Peachtree City and McDonough..... Peachtree City is by far the better city. They are like night and day.. But I live in Sharpsburg on the border of Peachtree city.. We looked in Peachtree City 3 years ago when we moved here but found the traffic unbelievable... Our area off Fisher Rd. is great. One of the top schools in the area.. We have a new house that we are putting on the market very soon and relocating to NC due to my husbands job.. I will definately miss the area..

Old 07-19-2006, 12:16 PM

12 posts, read 97,295 times
Default Where is Peachtree City anyway?

Can someone tell me what county is Peachtree City in?

Old 07-19-2006, 01:08 PM

985 posts, read 5,758,569 times
Fayette county. Very nice place. One co-worker of mine lives there. He loves that place. High schools there (McIntosh, Starrs Mills) are among the best in Georgia. A lot of Delta pilots live there. Highly recommended if you can afford to live there.

Old 07-20-2006, 10:01 AM

2,209 posts, read 7,656,129 times
We liked Peachtree City but are not looking at houses that are priced at more than 300K or so. You don't get much in PC for that.

So we looked in Fayetteville and like it fine! Any real drawbacks or negatives about Fayetteville?

Thanks!

Old 07-20-2006, 06:50 PM

985 posts, read 5,758,569 times
The only downside is that most of jobs in Atlanta located either at downtown or northern part of city (Midtown, Dunwoody or Marietta). The traffic could be tough.

Old 07-21-2006, 10:06 AM

2,209 posts, read 7,656,129 times
We work from the home office and that's something we like a lot about some of the houses we looked at. We don't have things like "bonus rooms" or "finished basements" in Fla. Factoring the cost per square ft ( including the finished daylight basement) in Georgia and comparing it to where we are in Fla we come up with at least an additional $125,000.00 ( minimum ) to get the same here in SW Fla. Minimum and of course that doesn't factor an acre or more land with trees on it

Just got off the phone with the realtor and we are extremely close to making an offer.

Old 07-27-2006, 04:21 PM

1 posts, read 4,070 times
Default Peachtree City

My husbands job requires us to move to GA , Atl. However, we are looking at Peachtree City.

Can any one send some additional insite.

What we need is

--Good high school ( looks like McIntosh)...any comments
--Good middle school ( Booth M.S0
--possible a house on the lake ( my oldest son likes do boating activities)!!!
--YMCA ---didnt see one close by on my research!!!
--Baptist church --FIRST BAPTIST PEACHTREE CITY!!!
--Access to airport--not bad
--Any companies in Peachtree for IT Project Manager kind of work??

In addition to this, all we need is good resturants, Super walmart or target,
sam's club and we are good to go.

Any particular subdivisions anyone can suggest we start looking????

Thanks

Old 07-29-2006, 07:01 PM
MsB

2 posts, read 7,363 times
Default Soon to relocate

I'm moving to GA really soon but am having trouble finding work in the Administrative/Clerical field. Also I'm looking for info about life in Senoia & Newnan. Can anyone please shed some light on these areas?

Old 07-29-2006, 07:30 PM

722 posts, read 3,316,455 times
I live in Newnan! I find it a great town that's progressing very quickly yet still holding onto its small town image. Newnan has several beautiful historic districts as well a beautiful town square. It also has all the shopping and restaurants you'll ever need, with more on the way. There is a beautiful new lifestyle center being built right now that will have all the top stores. There are plenty of churches and the schools are pretty good. The people are nice for the most part as well. Some cons- The town is kind of segregated between the whites and the blacks, some areas are a bit run down, and there is a strong religious pull ( good or bad)

Senoia (pronounced Senoi by locals) is a nice small town with good access to Peachtree City. That's all I can really say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia