Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 07:24 AM

1,501 posts, read 5,104,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy5 View Post
I think Suwanee is a great place to live with all of it's green space. There are many parks, ball fields and great high schools.
Yep, IMO, Suwanee is definitely the best part of Gwinnett.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2008, 02:25 PM

9 posts, read 27,711 times
Smile Are you still coming to Georgia?

Hi Milwaukee,
I just joined this site so I may be late responding to your posting. But, I have lived in Gwinnett County for several years and have thoroughly enjoyed the area. I loved my home in Duluth, right on the Duluth, Suwanee city lines. And, I hated to move, but my job prompted a recent relocation. If you take a look at this area, I don't think you would be disappointed with the quality of the homes, schools, shopping and other cultural and entertainment amenities.

Last edited by Georgia; 09-24-2008 at 06:16 PM.. Reason: No Soliciting

Old 09-09-2008, 09:17 PM

12 posts, read 70,124 times
Snelville is in a good location, but it is pretty congested and traffic can be bad there. It is also very ethnically diverse. I was looking for a diverse area when I moved to GA, but I also wanted something "rural" yet not country (I moved from S FL, so I was over city and congestion). It's a little busier than other places. I prefer a quieter yet still diverse place like Dacula, the Gwinnett part of Auburn, or you can also try Buford or Suwanee. Suwanee is a little more upscale but has a great family atmosphere

Old 10-23-2008, 08:45 AM

21 posts, read 51,498 times
Default The up side of Gwinnett County

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioNative View Post
Picture massive townhome complexes and cluster home subdivisions (houses about 2 feet from each other) placed on every available piece of land. Picture strip mall after strip mall on two lane roads that were not designed for commercial development. Picture gridlock traffic just getting out of your subdivision, let alone getting to work or shopping. Picture older strip malls with abandoned stores, just down the road from a brand new Wal-Mart or Target that replaced the one that just closed. Picture overcrowded schools where every available square foot of land is covered with trailers to accomodate the kids, and where they have to start lunch periods at 10:50 to fit all the kids in the cafeteria. That is unplanned growth. The advantage of the areas that I mentioned is that, while there still is some growth, most of the land is already developed and there really isn't much more room. Snellville specifically used to be nice, but now, IMHO, is arguably the worst traffic area in Gwinnett county.
In all fairness, you are exaggerating just a tad. I live in Lawrenceville in the unincorporated area of town and though I live in cluster housing there is a good 30 feet or more between the homes, not 2 feet and I do not hear my neighbors at all. We have tree's here and alot of the area is still undeveloped. There is little crime in my neighborhood and its clean and pleasant and the kids play outside with little fear (no we do not free range the kids)Not all of our area resembles Pleasant Hill Rd aka Gwinnett Place Mall. There is alot of Lawrenceville, Lilburn, and Snellville that still has a small town atmosphere. Every town has "that neighborhood" and you simply do not move to "that area" I live in the 30044 area of L'ville and am very happy here. Granted its not Mayberry .. It has a small town charm with big city conveniences. I would definitely consider this area.

Old 04-13-2010, 02:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,475 times
I lived in Edgerton,WI from the time I was born until the end of July 2009 when I moved myself to Buford,GA. I live in the AMLI apartments about a 2 minute drive from the Mall Of Georgia and there is everything you could possibly want at my fingertips in this location. Within a 5 minute drive of me there are MULTIPLE restaurants, gas stations, grocery stores, shopping...etc. It is very easy access to the interstate as well. I havent had any problems with people here at all!

Old 04-19-2010, 08:06 PM

44 posts, read 93,382 times
oops

Last edited by jimbear; 04-19-2010 at 08:49 PM.. Reason: Weird text code appeared in post...???

Old 04-19-2010, 08:47 PM

44 posts, read 93,382 times
Default my experience

Last edited by jimbear; 04-19-2010 at 08:50 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-18-2011, 01:21 PM

24 posts, read 69,481 times
a middle aged lady killed a rapist there the other day and the gun nuts say we should ALL be strapped (in the SHOWER? lol) because of this. watch mt tabor road that's where it happened

Old 05-18-2011, 07:32 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,480,547 times
wow, this was an old post that came back to life lol

Since I read it, ill contribute. Just outside of Gwinnett, is Walton County. I live in Loganville, and love the schools. Im in the unincorporated loganville, near monroe and Between. Love it here.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:51 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,975,515 times
I'm now in Norcross (relocated from Savannah) and most of what these posters said back in 2008 is true. It's all mostly strip malls and subdivisions. Makes me miss downtown Savannah. There are a few exceptions, like old Norcross & Lawreneceville (with a few others), but generally, it's suburban hell out here! My job is in Buckhead, so eventually I would like to relocate closer in to a more urbanized/high density area, but for now, putting up with suburbia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia