Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 06:10 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,035,014 times

Advertisements

Dunwoody is your best bet.. not sure about it fitting your price range though. IT definately has one of the largest Jewish communities in Georgia. Several Synagogues and The Marcus Jewish Community Center.. which is incredible!
The area is very family oriented.. nice quiet neighborhoods. good schools.. close to shopping and restaurants.. and close to Atlanta.

Also consider the Briarcliff area around Toco Hills. Sizeable Jewish Community.. Incredible Bagel Place (Bagel Palace... makes you almost feel like you are in NYC or Boca)... nice older neighborhoods (ranch houses).. decent schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2008, 09:01 PM

1 posts, read 7,132 times
HI , I will be relocating from Alabama to Georgia, and I would like to find out the best cites to live with good shools .

Old 12-08-2008, 09:00 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohater View Post
HI , I will be relocating from Alabama to Georgia, and I would like to find out the best cites to live with good shools .
Respectfully, posters will need more FYI to respond appropriately.

If your job is located in Marietta you do not want to commute from Lawrenceville, I can assure you of that. It is very expensive to live in areas with excellent schools such as East Cobb County.

You might like Carrollton, GA--the University of Western GA is there. It's about an hour from Atlanta.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:07 PM

2 posts, read 13,743 times
Default I happend to read your message

Hello and wondering if you could help two two Northern Snowbirds a little insight into Atlanta and the job market situation. We recently visited Atlanta for 5 days and took in quite a bit there and personally we loved tyhe vibe and easyness of the folks and the clean city. We have some neighboorhoods like Suwanee and Roswell and would these be terrible commutes to say buckhead or downtown for work ?? Thats if in fact we can locate jobs there and make the strong commitment to take this plunge before the kids get older and settled here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahomes247 View Post
hI there, we love to talk to people who loves Georgia. I have a couple of friends that live in Flowery Branch and they love it. what is nice about FB is that you get a lot for your money. my friend from california bought a home 5 bedrooms 3 bath; 1 acre lot for $180K( split level home) I can get you in contact with another good friend of mine that moved from california who has an employment agency in Swuanne,ga. I noticed that you posted this mesage back in May, I hope that we can still help you.
Finding homes for out of state people is what we like to do end enjoy the most
Take Care
Make It a Great Day

Old 07-12-2009, 05:51 PM

1 posts, read 6,726 times
starting to research neighborhoods in Georgia, I am a RN who will be looking to work in a hospital and my children are ages 3,7, and 16. I want good schools and affordable homes within range of 200 to 250,000. My husband works for US postal service and would put in for a transfer. Where would be the best areas to start looking.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:21 PM

2 posts, read 13,743 times
I wanted to thank that person for taking time to address my email regarding moving to the Atlanta area, I felt right at ease there and it felt like home. Chicago is a wonderful place to be and a great city but severe Winter Blues and high taxes and cost of living are too much to ignore. My family needs to live outdoors most of the year and get some fresh air and more sun.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:23 PM

470 posts, read 1,501,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharicej View Post
starting to research neighborhoods in Georgia, I am a RN who will be looking to work in a hospital and my children are ages 3,7, and 16. I want good schools and affordable homes within range of 200 to 250,000. My husband works for US postal service and would put in for a transfer. Where would be the best areas to start looking.
More information would help. Do you want a large urban setting, like Atlanta and surrounding environs, do you want something more rural, or something in between? Close the ocean, close to the mountains, someplace convenient to both? Shopping, golf, restaurants? Do you want a place with small town feel but the diversity of larger city? The Athens area is centrally located to much of northeast Georgia, has the university, a great music and entertainment scene, and, the range of home price you are looking in offers a lot of options from urban neighborhoods to a place on a few acres. The Athens area is not must Athens-Clarke County but also includes Oconee County, Jackson County, Madison County, Oglethorpe County and parts of Barrow and Walton Counties.

Old 07-13-2010, 04:18 PM

1 posts, read 5,541 times
I want to move to atl in 2 months I have been looking for jobs and apt. I would like to know what area to move to.I have a lil girl who is about to be 6 so I'm looking for good schools too. Please help me out. I know work with disable kids and love it and would like to find a jog doing that.

Old 07-13-2010, 04:20 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,736,435 times
We lived in Walton County before moving here to Va...if we moved back to Ga ever, I would def look into Walton County again...loved it there!

Old 08-20-2010, 09:35 PM

1 posts, read 5,358 times
hi my name is tee tee and im moveing from washington state with my 4 children and im moving to georgia savannah that is i look on the internet and this was the number one city yo live in i need some help making the right choice for me and my kids im a single mom and all i know is i dont like it hear and schools are important and housing im in school so im not working right now but my rent will not be a promble i also want my kids to be safe as possible can some body help me please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia