Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 06:17 AM

539 posts, read 2,103,124 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever heard of thecattleexchange.net? They deliver beef, chicken and seafood to your door. I was just wondering if anyone has ever purchased from them and were they happy with the quality? I believe they have offices all over GA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 01:17 AM

1 posts, read 12,779 times
[url=http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/atlanta-cattle-exchange-c39690.html]Atlanta Cattle Exchange Complaints - Door-to-door meat sellers rip off![/url] [url=http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/the-cattle-exchange-c66736.html]The Cattle Exchange Complaints - Terrible company![/url]

Old 01-04-2009, 12:19 PM

539 posts, read 2,103,124 times
Thanks for your reply William. While we did not feel that we were shorted in our order, the meat was not to our liking. The only way I can describe it, is to say that it was filled with preservatives. It does not taste like real meat, nor does it have the texture of real meat. It is very tender but I believe that is due to the chemicals or preservatives used in the meat. Even my kids comlplained about the taste. I will never purchase from them again.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:52 PM

1 posts, read 12,531 times
The Cattle Exchange has offices through GA and several other states, they have several offices here in alabama as well. I've seen them carry several different packages of steaks, some are better than the others, im a regular customer of there, the first time i bought the sales rep wasn't very knowledgable, are atleast didn't act like he was, and told me they were no additives, but if you look on the box they clearly are, they have to be preservatives (mostly high sodium) to freeze the meat and make it last that long and i believe the high sodium content is what makes it so tender. They also guarentee it for a year for tenderness, taste, and against freezer burn. Anytime ive ever got any that wasn't to my liking i've just called them up and they've come and replaced it for me. The steaks i've bought have always been very tender (which i appreciate because of my lack of teeth) but some haven't been as good as others. The chicken and the seafood on the other hand have always been good, i dont believe the seafood has as many, if any preservatives, and the flavored chicken has always been really good.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:12 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,889,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toadei View Post
im a regular customer of there, the first time i bought the sales rep wasn't very knowledgable, ... and told me they were no additives, but if you look on the box they clearly are,
Call me silly, but once I figure out someone has lied to me the first time, getting a sale out of me after that is gonna be verrrryyyyyyy hard. If a sales rep doesn't even know what they have printed on the side of the box, how could they know what might be IN the meat? eek.

Old 01-31-2009, 08:58 AM

1 posts, read 12,495 times
1-29-09 Hey folks.. Its all about commissions and true reflection of what you are paying for, service and product. First of all your salesperson is making commissions, NOT all cattle exchange salesperson are asking for that ridiculous high commission. My salesperson cut me a deal.. I just estimated I paid about $8.00 per pound. Stop and think of what I just purchased...PRODUCT-Beef that is stamped USDA approved, it MUST have preservative to keep it frozen and not spoil. SERVICE-folks... its "individually" vacuum packed to keep it sealed and fresh.. That's a service that cost money... Your local grocer doesn't do that for you....if they did they would tack on a cost! SERVICE - your salesperson is coming to your door.... You are not incurring any cost (avg cost is about $00.40 per mile if you ran your own company) So you really cant complain.. its a convenience you are not having to pack up your kids and drive to grocer to purchase product... This SERVICE from the convenience they come to your door has to be included in the price.... Just remember, if you get more people in your apartment complex or subdivision to purchase,,, I am sure your salesperson will negotiate new pricing with you as well... Stop and think about the description for product and service... I personally do NOT like to go to the grocer and fight traffic and crowds.... And I am sure if your ran a company you would have a charge for services as well. I am glad I was able to negotiate a better price and I like the product and the service...

Old 01-31-2009, 08:02 PM

36 posts, read 142,593 times
"I just estimated I paid about $8.00 per pound."

aint no way i pay near that much at my local independant grocer!!

Old 02-25-2009, 01:10 PM

1 posts, read 12,318 times
Default Looking for The Cattle Exchange Salesman

I am currently in Cumming Ga and i am looking for a employee of the cattle exchange he is traveling between Tenn.,Arkansas , and possibly GA he is currently wanted for Theft by Taking he has jumped bail and left The Atlanta Cattle exchange say they do not know where he is but further info from other sources say he is still working for the company there is a reward for information leading to him for more info please feel free to email me at ericbrgmn@gmail.com and by the way it is a cash reward get in touch with me and i will give you further info

Thank You Everyone

Old 03-28-2009, 06:51 AM

1 posts, read 12,351 times
Default Good Service

I had a great experience with my cattle exchange rep. Call the Riverdale, Ga. location and ask that carlton be your sales rep. 770-907-6620

Old 06-19-2009, 11:55 AM

1 posts, read 11,513 times
Default the cattle exchange conned us too

Worst meat I have ever eaten. Soaking wet, no matter how you cook it. We complained and now almost four weks later we get a replacement! Wish us luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia