Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2011, 12:41 PM

1 posts, read 13,850 times

Advertisements

Marietta is bad in some parts. But East Cobb, was voted one of the best places to live in Georgia. East Cobb has a Marietta address, but is not really like Marietta. The price for a new home in the Walton school district would put a nice $900,000+ dent in your wallet. There are some less expensive parts of East Cobb, such as the Lassiter or Pope district. In East Cobb, Range Rovers and Mercedes are very normal. The crime rate is almost zero. If you have a job downtown East Cobb is the best place to be if you have kids, or a champagne taste perhaps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2011, 04:25 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,185,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadcarr View Post
Marietta is bad in some parts. But East Cobb, was voted one of the best places to live in Georgia. East Cobb has a Marietta address, but is not really like Marietta. The price for a new home in the Walton school district would put a nice $900,000+ dent in your wallet. There are some less expensive parts of East Cobb, such as the Lassiter or Pope district. In East Cobb, Range Rovers and Mercedes are very normal. The crime rate is almost zero. If you have a job downtown East Cobb is the best place to be if you have kids, or a champagne taste perhaps.
I live in Marietta. East Cobb is very nice, as is West Cobb. Parts of the city itself are also very nice, but like any city there are some less desirable places. The comment was about "strip mall hell" from someone who lives in Lawrenceville. Now I have nothing against L'ville, and lived in Duluth many years ago myself at the same time my sister lived in L'ville, but calling Marietta "strip mall hell" while living in Lawrenceville is the height of irony.

From a factual perspective, Marietta and Cobb in general have many fewer strip malls than Gwinnett, and whether west Cobb, east Cobb, or the City of Marietta, none of Marietta is especially heavy with strip malls. There's Cobb Pkwy between Smyrna and Kennesaw, but that's a small area, and some other main streets like Johnson Ferry Rd.

Old 04-17-2011, 04:33 PM

1 posts, read 13,738 times
I live in a town of 1500 in Central Oregon. The winters are long and cold and about a foot or more of snow. I am interested in Georgia, but I told that parts are high humitity and lots of bugs. Is there city that someone would recommend.

Thank you
Belle1924

Old 04-20-2011, 07:54 AM

2 posts, read 16,130 times
anyone out there have knowledge about snellville area, please let me know what subdivision i should stay away from. i heard there is a lot of gang activity in the conyers area. i ve two kids and want to stay near to rockdale hospital, i ve never been to ga before, i am looking to buy a single fam home with about 1/4 acre of land. please email [EMAIL="lila_vaskas@yahoo.com"]lila_vaskas@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]

Old 04-25-2011, 09:40 PM

5 posts, read 19,600 times
Agreed!!!!!

Old 04-28-2011, 09:33 AM

Location: Valdosta, GA (Northside), grew up in Emmitsburg, MD
94 posts, read 352,726 times
Bainbridge is downright beautiful, so take it off this list of the worst! Now replace it with Omega, or Cairo(maybe) or St. Simons or Uvalda!

Old 04-28-2011, 09:38 AM

The East Side of Valdosta makes the worst list, especially the southeast side in the 'hood called Little Miami. It is such a striking difference in this town once you go east of Ashley St. Ashley splits the good and nasty. On another note, let's put Adel on the good list, cuz, as they say it is not jsut Adel, but, Adel Baby!!

Old 04-29-2011, 08:27 AM

1,941 posts, read 9,237,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reclick1 View Post
The East Side of Valdosta makes the worst list, especially the southeast side in the 'hood called Little Miami. It is such a striking difference in this town once you go east of Ashley St. Ashley splits the good and nasty. On another note, let's put Adel on the good list, cuz, as they say it is not jsut Adel, but, Adel Baby!!

They say Adel is so close to hell you can see Sparks.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southgeorgia View Post
They say Adel is so close to hell you can see Sparks.
Well, Hell it rhymes with it though! Cmon now bud, Adel Baby aint that bad. What do you perceive that is so bad about Adel Baby?

Old 04-29-2011, 07:26 PM

Hey, I went through and drove around Camilla today. Let's just say I will not put that on the 'best town' list. I hear some horror stories about Pelham and Meigs,Migs, or Nigs however it is pronounced. I know it sounds bad but that is how some people pronounced it. Not being racist so dont go there, just reiterating what I hear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia