Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 09:16 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,039,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerocal View Post
It may be but the city of Greenville is smaller than all of the above!!!!!!! Oh yeah and it not about Greenville so who cares.....
But the Greater Greenville metro Area is over 700,000 ppl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 10:03 AM

726 posts, read 2,821,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgustaSucks View Post
These construction projects in Augusta are mostly "catchup" projects that have been planned for over 12 years. The city itself still has less people than it did 8 years ago.. and even the surrounding counties are basically just keeping pace with the state avg of growth. BY most indicators, Savannah is the fastest growing area of the state outside of metro Atlanta, not Augusta.. IN fact Augusta, Macon and Columbus are pretty much at the same level as far as growth goes.
I agree with you on that....Well stated...

Old 07-26-2008, 10:13 AM

726 posts, read 2,821,065 times
Quote:
But the Greater Greenville metro Area is over 700,000 ppl
Yeah that true but as far as the city goes its much smaller than All of Ga 2nd tier cities. Most of them are twice the size of Greenville.... The City of Greenville is only 26.1 sq m thats only 3.2 sq mil larger than Warner Robins 22.9 sq mi and 29.8 sq mil smaller than than Albany's 55.9 sq mi....

But even though Macon's Metro pop is smaller it has trade area of over 650,000 within 22 surrounding counties.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:21 AM

Just now is Augusta finally widening their interstate to atleast three lanes in each direction when places like Macon and Columbus did this over 15 years ago. And I think the Talmadge bridge in Savannah beats any interchange in Disgusta or even Atlanta for that matter.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:39 AM

Yeah but that is only because the city limits are drawn artificially small... the city of Atlanta has only around 500,000 people, even though the metro area has 4.5 million. So if you look at just city populations, then Memphis is bigger than Atlanta, but I think anyone who has been to both cities will know that Atlanta is actually a much bigger city than Memphis.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:27 PM

8 posts, read 35,370 times
Quote:
Just now is Augusta finally widening their interstate to atleast three lanes in each direction when places like Macon and Columbus did this over 15 years ago. And I think the Talmadge bridge in Savannah beats any interchange in Disgusta or even Atlanta for that matter.
Sounds like you are trolling. You must don't live in augusta any more. And haven't been there in a long time i can tell. Just by reading your absolutely exaggerations about augusta with the post you write on diffrent threads. I have driven on 520 in augusta and it already had three lanes by the mall. Augusta, columbus, savannah and macon all have interchanges. But there is a diffrence between a interchange and a spaghetti interchange. And augusta interchange goes really high in the air. Like the one in atlanta. And the one plan for macon at I-75 and I-16 if it happens. But augusta's spaghetti interchange seems its going to be more flamboyant than the old one in atlanta. And after seeing the pics of the one plan in macon. Its going to be more dramatic than the plain one in macon.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:33 PM

8 posts, read 35,370 times
Quote:
Sounds like you are trolling. You must don't live in augusta any more. And haven't been there in a long time i can tell. Just by reading your absolutely exaggerations about augusta with the post you write on diffrent threads. I have driven on 520 in augusta and it already had three lanes by the mall. Augusta, columbus, savannah and macon all have interchanges. But there is a diffrence between a interchange and a spaghetti interchange. And augusta interchange goes really high in the air. Like the one in atlanta. And the one plan for macon at I-75 and I-16 if it happens. But augusta's spaghetti interchange seems its going to be more flamboyant than the old one in atlanta. And after seeing the pics of the one plan in macon. Its going to be more dramatic than the plain one in macon.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:37 PM

Excuse me Mr. I lived in Disgusta for 25 years and visit on a monthly basis to visit family. I know the city quite well... and didn't you say you lived in Columbus???
The fact is Columbus and Macon had widened their interstates to 3+ lanes long before Augusta ever started to... the I520 widening (which is all of about 2 miles of the freeway... the rest is 2 lanes) didn't begin until the late 1990s.. where as this was done in Columbus and Macon 10 years earlier.. And just NOW are they getting around to widening I20 beyond 2 lanes each way... just now in 2008! And this spaghetti junction has all of 2 flyover ramps... wow! Pretty soon Augusta will be another Los Angeles.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:56 PM

Here's one of the three Spaghetti junctions in the thriving metropolis of Alexandria, Louisiana

Old 07-26-2008, 01:13 PM

The fact is the premise of this entire thread is FALSE.. Augusta is simply catching up with other cities in regards to its highway infrastructure by widening freeways and modernizing interchanges.. things that were done in other Georgia cities a LONG time ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia