Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 01:46 AM

660 posts, read 2,440,668 times

Advertisements

can anybody tell me about it
how is it for kids anythings to do for them like public pool lakes for swimming,activities fairs festivals holiday stuff daycare/babysitting
anything for adults bars diners or stores that would be hiring
whats suitable dress
what churches are there

thanks for any information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2007, 07:44 AM

726 posts, read 3,601,914 times
Quote:
how is it for kids anythings to do for them like public pool lakes for swimming,activities fairs festivals holiday stuff
County fair in Springfield and Church stuff, Swimming in the Ogeechee River

Quote:
daycare/babysitting
Yes

Quote:
anything for adults bars diners
NO
7 miles to Port Wentworth, or 14 to Pooler, Or 17 Miles to River Street in Savannah

Quote:
stores that would be hiring
Walmart and a new Lowes is to be built
Kroger and Food Lion

Quote:
what churches are there
Baptist/Lutheran/Fundamental

Effingham Colunty Issues
http://forums.savannahnow.com/cgi-bi...ubb=forum;f=39

Old 01-27-2007, 08:13 AM

2,819 posts, read 10,399,983 times
I think the town is still dry, thus no booz.

Just one other thing, unless there has been extreme change in the town, being from NYC and if your accent shows, it will not receive an open arms welcome.

Old 01-27-2007, 03:25 PM

660 posts, read 2,440,668 times
thankyou both for the information very helpfull

Old 01-27-2007, 10:09 PM

233 posts, read 1,226,718 times
There is a lot of building and growth going on here. The schools are good. There is still homes with land to be had. Feel free to contact me if you need more info. I currently live in the Pooler area.

Old 01-28-2007, 11:38 AM

The most serious problem in Rincon is that Effingham County spent its money to run water and Sewer all over and expected the State DOT and Chatham County to pay for road improvements along GA 21 the only road into Rincon. Instead many new subdivisions are being built between I-95 and Rincon. and new distribution warehouses have been built along 21 Including IKEA, Target, Home depot. This is the main exit from I-95 to the Port. and Port traffic (truck) is steadily increasing. each afternoon traffic backs up 2 miles on the shoulder of I-95 and 3-4 miles on 21. Trucks and cars more of each every day

and all DOT projects for the area are still UNFUNDED 30-40 years away
Atlanta has more serious traffic problems

http://forums.savannahnow.com/cgi-bi...;f=39;t=000427

Old 01-28-2007, 12:28 PM

I agree with bgnzsavnh. I have gotten caught in this traffic as well. I have found ways around it though. I hate to sit and wait....

Old 01-28-2007, 05:20 PM

http://savannahnow.com/node/218607
Local officials head to Atlanta for Effingham Day
The Effingham County Board of Commissioners plans on spending much of their time in Atlanta trying to establish funding for transportation projects.
The projects include the planned Effingham Parkway, Benton Boulevard extension,....................................

Benton Boulevard extension is entirely in Chatham County and OPPOSED by every Chatham and Savannah official, but the Effingham Parkway cannot be built without the Benton Blvd Extension!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-28-2007, 06:07 PM

Figures....I think people here like the traffic....

Old 01-29-2007, 01:44 PM

431 posts, read 393,538 times
Default Rincon is warm and friendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
I think the town is still dry, thus no booz.

Just one other thing, unless there has been extreme change in the town, being from NYC and if your accent shows, it will not receive an open arms welcome.
I'm guessing there has been an EXTREME change in the town because there is absolutely no people nicer than in and around Rincon. I'm fairly new to town and have had nothing but the most gracious welcome from everyone, neighbors and stores and co-workers. I've lived in many states and Georgia is by far the most hospitable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia