Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2009, 12:23 PM
Iry Iry started this thread

3 posts, read 13,964 times

Advertisements

We have 2 kids (19 months and 4 months old).
We are concerning about crime rate and school system.
Can you share with me any good area to build a family? kids friendly.
I appreciate any point of view, comments, suggestions, links, daycares, job opportunities you can offer.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 10:36 PM

107 posts, read 354,753 times
Lagrange overall is a very nice place.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:45 PM

107 posts, read 354,753 times
Lagrange Chamber has alot of information you may need.

Website called homesurfer measures crime rate

Old 07-12-2009, 03:49 PM

63 posts, read 284,990 times
Hmmm, I went to school in LaGrange (lived on the Troup County side of Pine Mountain) and it is definitely not a place where I would want to live. However, we could be looking for two completely different things....we love the beach, culture/diversity, a big city close by, etc. so if those things aren't high on you're list you'll probably like it.
I loved Rosemont Elementary, and it has an AMAZING principal and librarian, as well as a lot of good teachers and a good reputation. It is in the southern part of the county, close to Pine Mountain, which is really scenic. That would be a pretty good area for you if you like the country, and it is close to Callaway Gardens, although who knows how much longer they'll be around.
Depending on what you like to do, locating near West Point Lake might be really good for you, but I have no idea what the area is like. The lake is pretty, there is a little beach area, fireworks on the 4th, and (I've heard) good fishing, boating, camping, etc.
If you go toward the Pine Mountain end of the county you would be near great hiking trails, camping spots, and historic Warm Springs, which is really cute. Pine Mountain area is also closer to Columbus, but nend of Troup county is closer to Atlanta, so it depends on what kind of shopping you want to do. The mall and most shopping and restaurants in LaGrange are a joke IMO, although I HEARD that a movie theater just opened, so that is a definite improvement if it is true.
The job market is BAD so I suggest making sure you have a job before you come here, especially in LaGrange, which is quite small. Some people commute to Atlanta, but that would be a long one.

Old 07-20-2009, 05:25 PM

1 posts, read 3,231 times
Default not lagrange!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iry View Post
We have 2 kids (19 months and 4 months old).
We are concerning about crime rate and school system.
Can you share with me any good area to build a family? kids friendly.
I appreciate any point of view, comments, suggestions, links, daycares, job opportunities you can offer.
Thank you.
i registered today just two answer this. i moved here 5 years ago two be closer two my dad and mysisters and their families. meth use here is very high. the schools are awful we have a huge drop out rate. and because of drugs we have a high rate of murder and crime. yes when you first get here the landscape is beautiful but its terrible to live here.the nicknam around here for a county is trap county, you will learn why if ya'll move here! please raise your family in newnan. you cant go wrong there!

Last edited by seminole1; 07-20-2009 at 05:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia