Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 06:30 PM

26 posts, read 108,546 times

Advertisements

Thanks for keeping us in the know. You will be riding most of your day from the Atlanta airport to Soperton appx. 2 1/2 hrs to 3 hours depending on the time of day and the traffic. Eating will depend on stopping in Macon, Dublin, or waiting for the DQ, My Sisters,or Downtown BBQ in Soperton. Probably the Chamber of Commerce will provide your company with a very nice catered meal this is ususally the way things are done in South Ga. You possibly will not time to get a true picture of the area becausing of returning to Atlanta that evening. But rest assured a good time will be had by all in Atlanta a great place to visit but not for our kind of living. From you post you like to be surrounded by the great outdoors. I think either Vidalia or Dublin would be good but hope you give the Montgomery and Toombs county area a good look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2007, 12:30 PM

592 posts, read 2,244,145 times
Thanks goose1 , I wish we had more time down there this trip but there will be many more in the next year or two.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:31 PM

Howdy all, well we just got back from our whirlwind trip to Soperton for the groundbreaking and let me tell you what a beautiful state ya'll have ! I got sort of claustrophobic without being able to see the horizon, what with all those trees in the way, but it was great to be in a forest all the time. We had a lot of people come out and I was happy to have the chance to visit with many of the local folks. Maybe some of you were there ?
There should be lots of activity at the plant site over the next year and we plan on having ethanol made by the end of 2009 so drop by the Range Fuels website for updates, they have put up a picture of the site now.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:17 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,035,014 times
I remember a funny bumper sticker from Many tears back...it was a satire of the Six Flags bumper stickers...
It said:
"I'd Rather be at Six Silos Over Soperton"

Old 09-30-2008, 11:57 AM

Howdy all, just thought I would check back in with ya'll. We are still on track for building and operating our plant in Soperton. Hopefully by the end of 2009. We have done a lot of dirt work and some basic foundations and the construction should be ramping up over the winter. Lots more info at the website and some pictures of the construction so far. Range Fuels - Biomass to Energy: Inventing the New Oil
I have been looking at the google maps of the area and notice many small lakes. Are these private ? I love to fish and was wondering if you can just go out and fish in these lakes or have to get permision from landowners or what? I am used to spending lots of time in the woods in Wyoming and Colorado and know what kinds of critters to expect. What do I need to watch out for down there? Can a person just go for a walk in the woods and survive it? : )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia