Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 07:37 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,590,000 times

Advertisements

Hi - well I'm not afraid of the snow, but you know when you hear people that try to tell you their own version of how they'd like it, but as for me, I'd like to spend more time there as job permits!

I keep hearing from the people who actually live there - like the lady who i made the hotel reservations with, I hear "a lot of people come to town, they find they love it and then they want to stay and they do!" ... I know exactly what they are talking about because that same thing is how I feel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 03:24 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,934,715 times
I usually visit the area summer or after Labor Day, so I'm guessing the winter vibe is a bit different.
I am near Saugatuck and I deal with lake effect every year. Staying near a larger city like Holland, which plows its roads, is a plus, but navigating county roads is sometimes iffy during snow squalls. Keep in mind that lake effect squalls vary in length from one to a few days, then the roads get cleared. Often the roads are clear and dry.
If you don't like travelling in snow, it helps to live near groceries, etc.
My philosophy is that you must just get through three months - January through March, then ithe rest is great. Keep in mind that it is usually warmer where the snow is.
I often post this image to help answer these snow questions.
http://www.weathermichigan.com/images/miavgsnowfall.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area