Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2012, 12:59 PM

317 posts, read 840,199 times

Advertisements

I will be leaving the country in a couple months and am starting to clear out my closet. I have a lot of clothes collected over the years, a few brand name that I dont wear any more that I am trying to get rid of. My first thought is to go to goodwill and donate it, but I also want to see if there is a way for me to sell it and make some cash.

Besides craigslist and ebay, is there a way to net some money off of this? If not, I'll just donate, no big deal.

And books too...are there stores that will buy all my old books?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 01:08 PM

2,050 posts, read 5,941,289 times
Google "consignment stores"~you should be able to find some places that take the clothing, and another one that will take home goods. Not sure about the books~perhaps you could donate them to a nursing home, school, Y, senior citizen center, and get a good tax write off/donation for your goods.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:37 PM

80 posts, read 148,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by semidevil View Post
I will be leaving the country in a couple months and am starting to clear out my closet. I have a lot of clothes collected over the years, a few brand name that I dont wear any more that I am trying to get rid of. My first thought is to go to goodwill and donate it, but I also want to see if there is a way for me to sell it and make some cash.

Besides craigslist and ebay, is there a way to net some money off of this? If not, I'll just donate, no big deal.

And books too...are there stores that will buy all my old books?
Any donation to the Veterans home, will get you a tax break.. just get the form from the visitors desk when ya drop off anything.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:36 AM

1 posts, read 2,055 times
There are many places on the web to sell your stuff. I like to sell my stuff on the free posting sites that only take a small fee when I sell my item.

Craiglist is free but it all depends on what you are selling
Ebay I think is getting to expensive, but it has alot of visitors
Ebay also has a classified site but I never used it before.
fiverr is another place you can sell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area