Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 10:46 AM

3,633 posts, read 6,180,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
Seems to me that the state with the strictest gun laws in the country should arm their citizens. One person with a concealed weapon could have stopped him dead. The guns laws there didn't stop him.
States with strictest firearm laws have lowest rates of gun deaths, Boston Children
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2013, 12:41 PM

1,006 posts, read 2,217,894 times
I would have commented, but i had to hit three gun shows today. Got to stock up for winter dont ya know.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:41 PM

146 posts, read 189,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolillo_loco View Post

P/S It's our 2nd Amendment Right! That's all you have to know! However, since we've changed from a free constitutional republic into an indirect democrazy, I'm sure you'll be happy to know that they've violated the 2nd Amendment greatly and have denied millions their God given Constitutional Rights. Furthermore, they're also doing it to all the other Amendments as well.

It's funny when people mention God when talk about guns. God gave you life, and told you not to hurt others around you. That's all you got from him.
The other stuff which seats in your head is put in there by NRA - nuts, racists and *******s.

BTW I am not against gun ownership but we need a system which can prevent mentally ill from obtaining them - the US does not have neither proper gun culture nor proper control system.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:58 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,251,161 times
Yeah sorry I'm on a different time zone to you all re. your Friday commute.

I wake up to this chit.

I'm tired of it, I don't know how you all must feel.

Quite fine judging by some of the comments. Gun owners, you might want to ask yourself what it is about you that wishes to kill, and own the means to kill?

I'll see you all after the next shoot up okay. Maybe the next one will be the one that's horrific enough for the good folk of the US say "ENOUGH"....maybe a shoot up in a creche or childrens ward in a hospital or something equally evil and unnecessary and avoidable.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:51 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,393,523 times
Yes, and as is pointed out near the end of the article, CDC used to run an ongoing study of gun laws and gun violence, but once it began showing the same sort of results as this recent study did, it was done away with. Anyone surprised? Remember when Republicans killed the old Office of Technology Assessment? Same deal.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:52 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,135,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlaker View Post
Are these gun- and drug-free zones created with an expectation of ending drug and gun use in them? Or is it in order to be able to add penalties for gun and drug crimes committed within them. Sort of like those highway signs that say "Fines doubled in work areas". Any clue?
Gun free zones are created (mistakingly) to do exactly that... Keep them free of guns.
Or as I like to say "victim disarmament zones"
Go check the legislation and you wouldn't of needed to make this inane post.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:53 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,135,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal8 View Post
It's funny when people mention God when talk about guns. God gave you life, and told you not to hurt others around you. That's all you got from him.
The other stuff which seats in your head is put in there by NRA - nuts, racists and *******s.

BTW I am not against gun ownership but we need a system which can prevent mentally ill from obtaining them - the US does not have neither proper gun culture nor proper control system.
Go read Luck chapter 22 for an education.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:57 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,920,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Yeah sorry I'm on a different time zone to you all re. your Friday commute.

I wake up to this chit.

I'm tired of it, I don't know how you all must feel.

Quite fine judging by some of the comments. Gun owners, you might want to ask yourself what it is about you that wishes to kill, and own the means to kill?

I'll see you all after the next shoot up okay. Maybe the next one will be the one that's horrific enough for the good folk of the US say "ENOUGH"....maybe a shoot up in a creche or childrens ward in a hospital or something equally evil and unnecessary and avoidable.

Do you wake up drunk? Seriously, your original post was so "foaming at the mouth" incoherent, as well as full of innacuracies, we don't know where to start. The first place I would start with your post is your assumption that every gun owner wants to kill, or main, or is a maniac. These absolutes make you your own worst enemy in regards to the gun debate. No one will listen to you, the content of you post is simply waved off as a you being a whack-job and extreemist.

There is an anti-gun argument in there somewhere, as there is a pro-gun argument. But you shouldn't be the one introducing the debate and the best you can do to help your cause is to stay out of it...or post in the P&C forum with the rest of the whack jobs.

This forum title says "Great Debates". It does not say "Nonsensical Rants". Learn that.

Old 11-02-2013, 02:56 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,251,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Do you wake up drunk? Seriously, your original post was so "foaming at the mouth" incoherent, as well as full of innacuracies, we don't know where to start. The first place I would start with your post is your assumption that every gun owner wants to kill, or main, or is a maniac. These absolutes make you your own worst enemy in regards to the gun debate. No one will listen to you, the content of you post is simply waved off as a you being a whack-job and extreemist.

There is an anti-gun argument in there somewhere, as there is a pro-gun argument. But you shouldn't be the one introducing the debate and the best you can do to help your cause is to stay out of it...or post in the P&C forum with the rest of the whack jobs.

This forum title says "Great Debates". It does not say "Nonsensical Rants". Learn that.
One of your so-called "freedoms" is the Freedom of Speech.

Too bad if you don't like it.

Old 11-02-2013, 03:08 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,970,601 times
Why not just have a gun rent a center? If you want to go shoot or go hunting them just rent a gun? Some of the gun nuts actually think if need be they can take on the Gov.. Yea right. As always follow the money. There's no profit if the gun makers can only make a limited amount of guns. I say take em all off the streets but then again I'm not a gun lover. Mess with fishin and that's a different story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates