Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 09:09 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,627,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
Sex 1. Two sober people who both consent to sex
Rape 2. Two sober people where one doesn't consent to sex
Sex 3. A drunk person initiates sex with a sober person
Maybe 4. A sober person initiates sex with a drunk person
Maybe 5. Two drunk people have sex
Rape 6. A drunk person initiates sex with a passed-out drunk
Rape 7. A sober person initiates sex with a passed-out drunk
Numbers 4 and 5 were maybe's since it really depends on the people involved.

Quote:
Good point! I guess the answer is to bring back prohibition!
Please say you're joking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Why are people acting like women are the victims? In my bar experience I have seem women get drunk and attack guys. I've experienced it first hand. Women just like men have desires and on occasions they will act on them. Now of course there are limitations but people are adults.

I've seen sober women hit on drunk guys so it goes both ways.
I too have seen it first hand, women wo have a few drinks in the m then go to a male review (Chippendale's), are BRUTAL to the guys. I have seen them walking into the back bleeding from scratches and bites from the drunk women!

Old 02-13-2014, 11:46 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,125,351 times
Pinkmani said, "Sorry, buddy. I'm 19, I don't drink, and I'm in college."

Maybe that's why you respect Dr. Phil.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:53 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,322,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Numbers 4 and 5 were maybe's since it really depends on the people involved.

Please say you're joking.
About prohibition? I'm not joking. However, if we bring back prohibition, then people will lose control of themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Pinkmani said, "Sorry, buddy. I'm 19, I don't drink, and I'm in college."

Maybe that's why you respect Dr. Phil.
I have no reason to not like the guy. I'm not a fan of his, I just wanted to start a thread and used his tweet as an example.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:07 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,125,351 times
Quote:
About prohibition? I'm not joking. However, if we bring back prohibition, then people will lose control of themselves.

I have no reason to not like the guy. I'm not a fan of his, I just wanted to start a thread and used his tweet as an example.

I understand. I'm not picking on you. I just can't stand that jerk. I've said it so now I'll be done with it!

Old 02-14-2014, 02:07 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Really?!
Yes really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
How about Arizona

ARS 13-401
Format Document

Format Document

It won't always get you the top of the spectrum and it can be a difficult court case - but it clearly happens and it is clearly against the law in many states

If someone is intoxicated many states rule they can't give consent and it will put you on the spectrum - assault, sexual deviance, sexual abuse, etc
You are conflating intoxication with incapacity. They are not synonymous. While the statute acknowledges that alcohol can cause incapacity, it does not list "intoxication" as a cause of incapacity. That is not an accidental omission.

I'll cut to the chase: There isn't a single state in the union wherein intoxication alone is equivalent to incapacity, only that intoxication can cause incapacity -- that is, being so intoxicated that you literally cannot move or speak or otherwise signify consent or the ability to understand what is happening around you. But as long as you still have the capacity to act and respond to others' actions, you still have the capacity to give or withdraw consent. The law and the courts are not going to take pity on you just because you deliberately ingested some substance that lowers inhibitions and you acted accordingly. The threshold for incapacity is much higher than that.

Old 02-14-2014, 02:22 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
i once joked that we should have named our son Jack Daniels and our daughter Chardonnay, but we're married, so...

Old 02-14-2014, 04:14 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,478,979 times
1. Two sober people who both consent to sex- Yes, if two consenting sober adults wish to have sex, then go for it.
2. Two sober people where one doesn't consent to sex- If one does not want to have sex, then there should be no sex because it is not consensual.
3. A drunk person initiates sex with a sober person- This one is a little tough. I only think this couple should have sex if they are already a couple or know each other well. Even though the drunk person initiates the sexual situation, they are also not in a clear state of mind to be making many decisions.
4. A sober person initiates sex with a drunk person- Definitely no, this put the drunk person in a very vulnerable position.
5. Two drunk people have sex- Sure, if they both want to have sex and with each other, why not?
6. A drunk person initiates sex with a passed-out drunk No way. That is rape. The passed-out person doesn't even have a choice in the matter.
7. A sober person initiates sex with a passed-out drunk- Again, no way. The sober person is using the drug persons condition (being drunk) to their own advantage. Again, this would be rape.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:17 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,723,439 times
Is it "OK" to have sex with a drunk woman? If she consents, prior to and after becoming drunk, and you did not use force, it is certainly not "illegal". If she is drunk, then she may have lost the capacity to consent and the burden is on you to show that you did not use force to obtain what you wanted, or consent was implied by her past behavior/history.

Is it "OK"? I think that's for you to say.

It's certainly not unusual for both men and women to use alcohol to lower their inhibitions, so that getting to the sex part (that both people wanted to have, anyway) is less difficult emotionally.

Is that OK?

I never stopped a woman from drinking for that very reason and no one ever complained. However, I did hear some pretty insincere "I'm really not that kind of a girl" words from girls. These words, not the getting drunk to have sex, were always disqualifiers as I happen to be attracted to "that kind of girl"...the ones who enjoy sex a lot.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:23 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,314,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Police now advertise that buzzed driving IS drunk driving.

So, I put this inevitable question along with the OP's question. Is buzzed sex the same as drunk sex and how do you identify/draw the line?
"Buzzed" may simply be a matter od semantics, however, I would imagine that a standardized field sobriety test (in the case of "buzzed" driving) and a host of chemical tests would certainly clear up or confirm one way or the other if the driver is "legally" drunk per his blood alcohol level (blood, breath, and/or urine test).

With all due respect, sincerely...

Pertaining to the question of "buzzed" sex the same as drunk sex...unequivocally, YES, imho, it is!

To answer the OP, if a girl, woman, chic OR boy, man, or guy are/was drunk IT IS NOT OKAY TO HAVE SEX WITH HER/HIM.

This is my opinion and my point of view which is what the original OP was about. All of the opinions and views of the posters here at cd are what is sought, without malice.

Best regards,

HomeIsWhere...

Old 02-14-2014, 06:37 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
I would avoid it, just because there is a possibility of trouble.

From my point of view, women are the most sensitive and genetically complicated species on this planet. Guys never know how a woman's thought process works, but women can read a guys mind in seconds and confirm he is sex thirsty cheap trash who deserves no love. Be very careful about getting laid guys. Think deeply and intensively till you get brain sweats about whether she is trying to act deceptive and lure you into a heap of trouble and misery. ALWAYS REMEMBER, Women bank upon a mans stupidity to deceive him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates