Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 04:01 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,031 times

Advertisements

what I love about this thread is that the people who are for pot and smoke it (either currently or in the past) are the sane seeming ones, and the anti's come off as delusional and shortsighted.

Old 03-22-2014, 04:04 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,603,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
No-way. Maybe in Germany this is the case. Americans don't drink as much and it will continue to decline as the % of Whites continues to decrease. There are many factors but the most basic ones being, you can't drink outdoors and the amount of driving.

This is why so many Americans are pill poppers.
Ha ha, well, I'm thinking our beer companies are doing pretty good here but worth looking into your claim. The drinkers I know rarely if ever stop at one beer a day. The pot smokers are more of this variety than casual users.
Experiences - How much Cannabis do you smoke per day? - Drugs Forum
Smoke before work, then when they get home. Everyday.

I do know a few pill poppers. These are the worst IMO, as they start taking upwards to 5 to 10 pills a day eventually. Rots out their guts. They usually then end up going to the black market and getting more, or stealing other peoples. lol

Old 03-22-2014, 04:17 PM

579 posts, read 762,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Ha ha, well, I'm thinking our beer companies are doing pretty good here but worth looking into your claim. The drinkers I know rarely if ever stop at one beer a day. The pot smokers are more of this variety than casual users.
Experiences - How much Cannabis do you smoke per day? - Drugs Forum
Smoke before work, then when they get home. Everyday.

I do know a few pill poppers. These are the worst IMO, as they start taking upwards to 5 to 10 pills a day eventually. Rots out their guts. They usually then end up going to the black market and getting more, or stealing other peoples. lol
I remember reading that alcohol consumption in the USA is down across the board, except craft beer.

I'm jealous of people that can keep it to a Weekend or even once every couple weeks occasion, sort of thing. I personally did not smoke before school/work because it eliminated the whole point of using it to relax/escape. Not to mention my output under the influence, was lower.

Some of my circle of friends (San Diego) still smoke regularly and it's warring on our friendship. They all have jobs but on weekends it's all based on smoking pot and sitting in front of a television. It's easy to settle when you are High.

After spending 3 months in Europe, out in public from morning to night. I returned to my friends spending 6 hours inside a room watching NFL

Old 03-22-2014, 05:26 PM

Quote:
I remember reading that alcohol consumption in the USA is down across the board, except craft beer.

I'm jealous of people that can keep it to a Weekend or even once every couple weeks occasion, sort of thing. I personally did not smoke before school/work because it eliminated the whole point of using it to relax/escape. Not to mention my output under the influence, was lower.

Some of my circle of friends (San Diego) still smoke regularly and it's warring on our friendship. They all have jobs but on weekends it's all based on smoking pot and sitting in front of a television. It's easy to settle when you are High.

After spending 3 months in Europe, out in public from morning to night. I returned to my friends spending 6 hours inside a room watching NFL
yeah, there are different types of pot smokers. You just have to find ones who smoke and then go do stuff (mountain bike, hike, walk around the city, go to events, etc).

Old 03-22-2014, 05:28 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,734,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
yeah, there are different types of pot smokers. You just have to find ones who smoke and then go do stuff (mountain bike, hike, walk around the city, go to events, etc).
Exactly, I doubt the pot made them this way. Most men do this on Sunday's already, sit around for 6 hours and watch tv, cannabis makes little to no difference there.

Old 03-22-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:

That's funny, now you sound like you have friends like I do. I was beginning to think that my friends were one of a kind. lol
Same thing, sit around smoking pot, morning and night, during the week and weekend. My friends do sound like they drink more than average though. Every weekend it's a 12er. Happy days. First thing they say after work on Friday, where we going to drink!

Old 03-22-2014, 05:53 PM

579 posts, read 762,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
Here's the issue

First, when someone is high they are usually introverted. So if you aren't high, such a person isn't very pleasurable to hang out with.

Then the high only lasts 30 something minutes. So they have to either bring the Pot along with them OR head home to recharge smoke. Otherwise they will get tired/moody

Aside from the 1st smoke (Wake & Bake) someone that is on their 5th + bowl of the day isn't very social. I know this depends on the individual but most people become selfish and focused on their own well being. And if someone is smoking their first bowl in an extended period of time (like weeks) then they will be in a paranoid haze.

This depends on the quality of Pot you are smoking. If it's average, then such highs and lows don't exist. It's just like smoking tobacco but lasts a longer.

Old 03-22-2014, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Here's the issue

First, when someone is high they are usually introverted. So if you aren't high, such a person isn't very pleasurable to hang out with.

Then the high only lasts 30 something minutes. So they have to either bring the Pot along with them OR head home to recharge smoke. Otherwise they will get tired/moody

Aside from the 1st smoke (Wake & Bake) someone that is on their 5th + bowl of the day isn't very social. I know this depends on the individual but most people become selfish and focused on their own well being. And if someone is smoking their first bowl in an extended period of time (like weeks) then they will be in a paranoid haze.

This depends on the quality of Pot you are smoking. If it's average, then such highs and lows don't exist. It's just like smoking tobacco but lasts a longer.
Well, not everyone smokes 5 bowls a day. The kinds of people I'm thinking of smoke 1 bowl and not every day. When you do it that way the whole process is enjoyable, the more energetic "high" of the first 30-40 minutes, and the chill relaxed state 2-4 hours after smoking.

Paranoia isn't a automatic thing if your tolerance is low. You just get crazy high

Old 03-22-2014, 07:00 PM

It's hard to believe so little people drink more than a normal healthy amount when 30 people die a day due to drunk drivers. Remember it's one drink a day, not seven beers one night a week.
The numbers certainly don't add up. I think people probably admit to about 1/2 of what they actually drink.

I think it's the same with pot smokers. I am curious when it's legal everywhere what the driving statistics will be after about 10 years. If it's legal than it can be tested for and recorded. Also, it will be recorded how much sales they make on pot. So many helpful things about it becoming legal really. Much easier to address any problems with it than when it was illegal. Those who don't smoke it should at least be interested in that much.

Old 03-22-2014, 07:04 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,734,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
It's hard to believe so little people drink more than a normal healthy amount when 30 people die a day due to drunk drivers. Remember it's one drink a day, not seven beers one night a week.
The numbers certainly don't add up. I think people probably admit to about 1/2 of what they actually drink.

I think it's the same with pot smokers. I am curious when it's legal everywhere what the driving statistics will be after about 10 years. If it's legal than it can be tested for and recorded. Also, it will be recorded how much sales they make on pot. So many helpful things about it becoming legal really. Much easier to address any problems with it than when it was illegal. Those who don't smoke it should at least be interested in that much.
Just google search for Colorado Cannabis Legalization, they make the tax revenues from cannabis sales public. They also discuss the new training programs they have for police officers. They had a few interviewed on National TV and the police officers stated there has been no increase in the number of DUI cases as of yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates