Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 04:09 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygreta View Post
I never said you should go to jail. Just don't smoke it in public and I'm fine with it. But like an alcoholic, just admit you have a problem.

Sorry, I know what getting high is, and I just can't conceive why someone needs to get high every single today. You have the right to, and I could care less that you do. It just doesn't make sense to me, unless you need to.
I don't get high every single day, and I don't have a problem. I have no problem stopping for months when applying for a new job. I know you will probably think this is delusion, but it's really the only thing that truly helps with my ADD. Rather than making me lazy or whatever people think, it breaks through my paralysis and launches me into action. I find it ridiculous that I could legally get a drug like Adderall that is proven addictive and dangerous, but pot, no, never. I don't want a stimulant that's going to affect my heart and make me anxious and possibly addicted as well as interfere with sleeping.

Old 03-21-2014, 04:29 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
Most of the propaganda about the "harms" of marijuana are just totally FALSE. Marijuana is NOT a gateway drug.
Really? It's never been a gateway drug for anybody? For not even one person? I find that hard to believe.

Quote:
It helps people with glaucoma.
You don't need a mind-altering drug to treat glaucoma; there are herbs which do that.

- Bilberry contains flavonoids and nutrients needed to protect the eye from further damage.
- Chickweed and eyeweed are good for all eye disorders.
- A combination of ginkgo biloba extract and zinc sulfate may slow progressive vision loss.
- Jaborandi is a rainforest herb that contains pilocarpine, used for over 120 years to relieve interocular pressure in glaucoma.

Old 03-21-2014, 04:33 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
I think pot should be legalized. However, I've been around many pot smokers during my few brief pot smoking stints, and no matter what they claim, pot smokers seem to have reduced motivation than nonsmokers. Whether that is a cause or an effect I can't say. The pot smokers also seem to be preoccupied with it: buying it, smoking it, getting more, etc. It is definitely not a gateway drug. After smoking for a couple of months, I got bored and went on to other things. Many pot smokers claim it doesn't affect them. I call BS on that. But to each their own, whether it's legal or not. It is certainly safer than cigs or alcohol.

Old 03-21-2014, 04:35 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,721,664 times
The DEA complained they cant tell hemp from cannabis from their helicopters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonesuch View Post
Forget pot, I want to know why commercial production of hemp is still illegal.

The best way to eliminate illegal outdoor pot growing operations would be wide-scale cultivation of industrial hemp.

Old 03-21-2014, 05:02 PM

You don't seem to be aware that pills kill at least 125,000 Americans a year while pot kills zero. Many who need medial cannabis have swallowing problems. A cigarette filter is to reduce toxins but kill. Filters for cannabis would be protecting me from what? It's not fatal under any conditions except perhaps total asphyxiation. Non use can't fix my pain. Why can't you understand? Way better off would require death.

I have 24/7 discomfort because from birth or infancy & I've had little if any help from Drs. & pharma. So you think I should kill myself to please crooked politicians & police officers ?

You don't seem to be connected to reality. Why do you want to kill people like me?

The whole country won't be going up up in flames because of anti-war potheads. You seem to think we should just help other countries to hate us so we are at more risk of WWIII. Please explain?

Synthesized does not mean safer. Natural plants kill 23 people a year vs. 125,000+ for pills. If you're not wanting more Americans to die prematurely, please explain? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
If Medical Marijuana is to be legal then it should be synthesized and prescribed in pill form. Not smoked without so much as a filter. THAT's healthy?
To the OP, I tend to agree with you, though you might have worded your post differently. It was obvious your opposition here was going to be pot heads.
I can't admit to the many years of bad choices I've made but I agree that a person is WAY better off without it or any other crutch.

Old 03-21-2014, 05:11 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,795,404 times
@The OP: Are you sure that you are not making a hasty generalization here?

Old 03-21-2014, 05:12 PM

Reduced motivation is not caused by cannabis. Cannabis use came after reduced motivation, a good solution to that problem. Whether they get more productive or don't care, stress reduction happens.
And stress reduction saves lives, proven! I agree with you on the rest. Best wishes, all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I think pot should be legalized. However, I've been around many pot smokers during my few brief pot smoking stints, and no matter what they claim, pot smokers seem to have reduced motivation than nonsmokers. Whether that is a cause or an effect I can't say. The pot smokers also seem to be preoccupied with it: buying it, smoking it, getting more, etc. It is definitely not a gateway drug. After smoking for a couple of months, I got bored and went on to other things. Many pot smokers claim it doesn't affect them. I call BS on that. But to each their own, whether it's legal or not. It is certainly safer than cigs or alcohol.

Old 03-21-2014, 05:14 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,323,083 times
Since some people are visual learners:

Picture Source

Old 03-21-2014, 05:18 PM

You didn't have a need & they did. People don't quit after 2 months if they have medical need. Let's try not to hate based on that. Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I think pot should be legalized. Pot smokers seem to have reduced motivation than nonsmokers. Whether that is a cause or an effect I can't say. The pot smokers also seem to be preoccupied with it: buying it, smoking it, getting more, etc. It is certainly safer than cigs or alcohol.

Old 03-21-2014, 05:35 PM

Excellent sarcasm!!! Best wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
Since some people are visual learners:

Picture Source
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates