Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2014, 09:05 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Thanks for proving what I said.
What's your point? Since it actually IS propaganda (do you know what that word means?), of course any intelligent human being would call BS on it. And since you did not accept or meet my challenge to back it up with accurate information/sources, I guess you proved my point too.

I'll give you one more chance to show us why that is NOT propagandist, and if you fail, I'm the only one who can pat myself on the back here. I mean, would you accept my argument if I'd used a YouTube video and silly gif as "evidence" that pot is healthy? If so, you would be as gullible as the others who rely on Google as a research tool. Google is great if you know how to analyze the results, but for many it can be more dangerous than helpful. Trust me, I spend a good chunk of my work week cleaning up the mess people get into with that.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:09 PM

781 posts, read 736,838 times
"Most marijuana users are delusional, irresponsible and short sighted"

Sounds like a description of the entire human race to me....

Old 03-21-2014, 09:17 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailSymbolizes View Post
"Most marijuana users are delusional, irresponsible and short sighted"

Sounds like a description of the entire human race to me....
Haha... true dat!

And while I don't mean to pick on that one poster, who asked "what do I do about living in an apartment with my baby, if I can't afford to move?" - it just occurred to me that THEY more accurately fit this description. Here I am the "stoner," who has a great job, money for everything I need, a sweet little BMW (albeit an older one), and had the foresight not to make babies until I'm 100% ready. But just because I use medical marijuana in place of chemical pharmaceuticals and/or liquor, they can stereotype ME as the short-sighted and irresponsible American?

I think all the finger-pointers need to start looking in the mirror, because it sure isn't me or my fellow pot-smoking friends who are lacking in personal responsibility or funds. Among the people I know who smoke regularly, I can count the following: Lawyers, doctors, a nurse, general contractor, stockbroker, librarians, computer programmers & techies, corporate executives, teachers, even a cop or two. And those are just the few I can think of now!

Last edited by gizmo980; 03-21-2014 at 09:27 PM..

Old 03-21-2014, 10:51 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,173,914 times
The moments someone says "Most _____ are _____," I dismiss their opinion. You don't KNOW "most" of any group of people - most Americans, most Muslims, most women, most clowns, most Hispanics, most BMW owners, most pot smokers - so generalizations are simply your bigoted generalizations.

I've lost several friends and my mother to alcoholism - and when I say lost, I mean they died as a result of their use - and I *still* wouldn't say "most people who drink alcohol are ruining their families, their livers, their hears, and are drunk drivers." (Thankfully my mom got *too* drunk to even consider driving or she likely would have died sooner and taken me and possibly some occupants of another car with her.)

I live in Washington state and while I don't partake myself, I'm GLAD our state has legalized marijuana. Even our state Attorney General and head of our state health department supported legalization. Instant elimination of nearly all associated crime and fewer health repercussions than tobacco and alcohol - or obesity, for that matter.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:16 PM

4,569 posts, read 5,672,673 times
Post USA imports 100% of legal hemp products, a +$500 million annual market

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawhitham View Post
Commercial production of hemp is illegal? In my apartment I have hemp rope of several sizes, I also have hemp protein powder (chocolate flavor) for smoothies. I'm sure there are other commercially available hemp products, those are just the two I have purchased recently. Is production of hemp for sale in retail stores still illegal? Because if so, Home Depot and Trader Joe's and Jo-ann Fabrics are in big trouble
Commercial production of hemp is illegal, importation of processed products is allowed; For example, pretty much all "hemp protein powder" sold in the USA is from hempseed grown in Canada and China.

Legal hemp products are a half-billion dollar industry in the USA, 100% imports.

Old 03-22-2014, 12:17 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
What's your point? Since it actually IS propaganda (do you know what that word means?), of course any intelligent human being would call BS on it. And since you did not accept or meet my challenge to back it up with accurate information/sources, I guess you proved my point too.
I think my point is very clear. Potheads won't accept any data they don't agree with.

Quote:
I'll give you one more chance to show us why that is NOT propagandist, and if you fail, I'm the only one who can pat myself on the back here. I mean, would you accept my argument if I'd used a YouTube video and silly gif as "evidence" that pot is healthy? If so, you would be as gullible as the others who rely on Google as a research tool. Google is great if you know how to analyze the results, but for many it can be more dangerous than helpful. Trust me, I spend a good chunk of my work week cleaning up the mess people get into with that.
Oh, you are giving me "one more chance?" Why bother? You won't accept it, anyway. Gullible are those who believe that marijuana is a "harmless" drug for everyone.

Old 03-22-2014, 12:21 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Oh what a hornets next OP wanted and got.

Old 03-22-2014, 12:25 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
What about people like me? A college student (who lives in an apartment) with a roommate who smokes marijuana on a daily basis. I wake up to the aroma of marijuana (she does it at night), and I have to put a towel at the bottom of my door so the smell doesn't stink up my room even more. That inconveniences my sleep and my health because I don't want to smell that sh*t.
You just have a roommate problem. I had the same problem with my son who was microwaving frozen Indian food when he got home from his night job after I was asleep. We had to talk about it and he started making sandwiches instead. You should get a new roommate but I warn you, if your going to have more roommates you will find that they all do things that bother you. And you will do things that bother them. I don't like certain smells or sounds and do what I can to avoid them. You will learn to do the same.

Old 03-22-2014, 12:33 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,546,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
You just have a roommate problem. I had the same problem with my son who was microwaving frozen Indian food when he got home from his night job after I was asleep. We had to talk about it and he started making sandwiches instead. You should get a new roommate but I warn you, if your going to have more roommates you will find that they all do things that bother you. And you will do things that bother them. I don't like certain smells or sounds and do what I can to avoid them. You will learn to do the same.
Hahaaa! I shared an apartment once, and the other guy cooked liver and onions at 1 AM and I couldn't sleep for a few hours. WAY too strong a smell. I had to get up at 5:30 for work and that was not something I could live with.

I CANNOT deal with the liver and onions at night. They can do that in the daylight hours, and that's fine.

Old 03-22-2014, 03:05 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,323,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I gotcha! I guess this problem isn't SO bad. It could be worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates