Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 12:12 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times

Advertisements

How much of the current refuge problem currently in the media do you feel is directly associated with the S. American drug trade? I wonder if it's a deciding factor in their flight?

Old 07-13-2014, 01:10 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,735,700 times
You think cartel violence is bad? Haha, you live a vary narrow-minded life.

Pick up a book about ancient tortures and war, Cartels have nothing on what violence used to be.

The Cartels do everything for intimidation purposes. "No one crosses us", if they do that's what happens. Beheading is frequent way to die (weapon/method are uniquely different). Acid baths, bombings, etc.

You missed an important part about the border towns actually. Many of them are run by religious sects that have taken up arms against the cartels and have been rather successful in holding their own lands, so much so cartels don't even bother with those areas.

Old 07-13-2014, 03:06 PM

What ancient torture and war atrocity would you care to mention? I can most certainly send you a comparable clip from current day Los Zetas.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:31 PM

792 posts, read 634,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalbum View Post
I don't believe the U.S. should get involved in Mexican affairs. If they come in our country and murder people then yes, but not if they do this in their own country. Like you mentioned OP, these people are pure evil. To me it is a spritual battle and the more evil they are , the more they will have to give account to the one that created them when they were born. You can just look at the 10 commandments and apply it to these people. If the goverment there works with the criminals and takes bribes, and the criminals have more weapons and resources than the police, I think the only thing left to do is Pray. I know some may not believe , but I had to say I believe my Father above can do anything and he says if enough people pray in my name you can move a mountain (not literally.) So, I just added this perspective because it seems like a losing battle, and you showed us vile evil in the first post.
Moderator cut: Against forum guidelines

For one thing, how would you feel if we had a long border with Afghanistan? With Somalia? If we let Mexico become a failed state, that's certainly going to spill over and cause much more harm than if we had helped them before things got really bad. You already see terrorists trying to get into the US through Mexico; how much more if the government is too busy either lining their pockets or fighting all-out war against extremely powerful organized crime?

In some parts, yes, the cartels are better armed than the police. But if we were to take military action against them it'd be close to no contest. One armored division in Mexico City could probably destroy all the cartels based there. Abrams tanks these days are pretty much invincible unless you have helicopter gunships with anti-tank missiles, or some strike aircraft lying around. At the same time, this wouldn't be a nation building operation like Iraq. We'd purge the corruption from the government and take away the cartels' ability to intimidate, then we'd advise them, then we'd go back home.

Moderator cut: .

Last edited by Oldhag1; 07-15-2014 at 02:42 PM..

Old 07-15-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
You think cartel violence is bad? Haha, you live a vary narrow-minded life.

Pick up a book about ancient tortures and war, Cartels have nothing on what violence used to be.

The Cartels do everything for intimidation purposes. "No one crosses us", if they do that's what happens. Beheading is frequent way to die (weapon/method are uniquely different). Acid baths, bombings, etc.

You missed an important part about the border towns actually. Many of them are run by religious sects that have taken up arms against the cartels and have been rather successful in holding their own lands, so much so cartels don't even bother with those areas.
In my opinion, those religious sects are almost as bad as the cartels. Not as bad, but very close. One day a religious sect, the next a cult. Not to mention that religion should never have political power..

Old 07-15-2014, 01:39 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,933,611 times
- Children are being Raped and Killed.

Then our military should go there and over throw those corrupted governments.

And put those immigrants who came here, in charge.

Old 07-15-2014, 02:57 PM

The Sinaloa cartel, for example is worth billions of dollars CASH. If they wanted to buy guns, they can afford to, the trick however is that they can't get their hands on any of our really advanced weapons like Abrams Tanks. They can and do however own quite a military arsenal, but their expenses generally go to more stealthly technology like submarines.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:35 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Treat cartel memebers in this country the same way we treat vicious little predators here in Idaho.

Shoot
Shovel
Shut up

Let me know if you want to borrow the tractor...

Old 07-17-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
The Sinaloa cartel, for example is worth billions of dollars CASH. If they wanted to buy guns, they can afford to, the trick however is that they can't get their hands on any of our really advanced weapons like Abrams Tanks. They can and do however own quite a military arsenal, but their expenses generally go to more stealthly technology like submarines.
Cartels have submarines?

I doubt they're anything that could stand up to the US Navy though.. Or even the Mexican, or Canadian Navy for that matter. It's not like they have nuclear submarines loaded with missiles.

Old 07-17-2014, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockeyfan View Post
Cartels have submarines?

I doubt they're anything that could stand up to the US Navy though.. Or even the Mexican, or Canadian Navy for that matter. It's not like they have nuclear submarines loaded with missiles.
Yes they have factories that manufacture submarines for the transportation of narcotics into the US. They actually have termed them narco-subs.

Narco-submarine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by Oldhag1; 07-17-2014 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: Removed copyrighted material
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates