Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 03:20 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,980,967 times

Advertisements

Agreed, if we could "clean up our own backyard" it would do wonders for the neighborhood. Not the best analogy, but I hope you catch my drift. Mexico is in dire need of our help. 60K murders, most of those had very little to do with the drug trade, but still, 60K murders is more than the US has lost in the past 15 years of war combined. The longer we wait to do something about it, the more money the cartels with have to combat us.

Old 04-12-2014, 04:00 AM

318 posts, read 638,633 times
As long as it is mostly Mexicans killing other Mexicans, I could care less. But if they start bringing their barbaric cartel violence to my Gringo community, than it is on like donkey kong. I live in a community where a high percentage of people are armed to the teeth. We love our 2nd amendment in my community.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:35 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,791,809 times
It's time to surrender in the War on Drugs. We lost, drugs won. Drug money is the lifeblood of Mexican, Central American and black inner-city gangs. Thousands of blacks are in jail for non-violent drug offenses. Thousands more are sucked into gangs by the high rolling lifestyle illegal drug money gives the gang leaders. As many lives have been ruined by drugs, I bet more have been ruined by the War on Drugs.

We can build Siegfried lines, Maginot lines, Iron Curtains to our hearts content. At some point we'll succeed in keeping the drug gangs out. But what will we have done to ourselves? What will we have become?

Old 04-12-2014, 09:11 AM

863 posts, read 1,196,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Rusev View Post
As long as it is mostly Mexicans killing other Mexicans, I could care less. But if they start bringing their barbaric cartel violence to my Gringo community, than it is on like donkey kong. I live in a community where a high percentage of people are armed to the teeth. We love our 2nd amendment in my community.

Let me tell you something GI Joe. If there's crack in your community, if there's smack in your community or even low grade weed, the cartels are already IN your community. Unless you're a battle seasoned vet, and even then, there is no way most people can comprehend the level of violence these cartels use on a daily basis. Women, children, old or infirmed, it doesn't matter to these animals. While you're swaggering around with your modified AK and talking about raining red hot death on cartel members, they've already got your kid and/or grandfather tied up in the town square and are slicing bits off waiting for the resistance to give up.

You think the folks in Mexico aren't armed? You think they haven't tried to stop these murderous thugs? These cartels recruit straight outta special forces. One of the groups, Los Zetas is comprised of elite desert special forces that jointly deserted to become a strong arm for another cartel before branching out on their own. The cartels are also recruiting combat vets from right here in the US. People who've found that they enjoy killing and embrace brutality as a way of life. These "soldiers" are animals.......scum of the Earth with absolutely no regard for human life.

The cartels, which you think you're safe from for now aren't just into drugs. They're into counterfitting software and DVDs, selling firearms, people trafficking and oil. We (the US) can't afford to sit around any longer with a myopic POV that says, "well....as long as they're in Mexico, they're not bothering me" .

If the US government is so hot for a war (and they usually are) there's one just begging to be fought in Mexico. Problem is, we need to overcome internal obstacles first. Politicians aside, there are other big money concerns that are served by the cartels. Namely the banking and oil industries as well as the firearms lobby.... and those are some mighty hurdles to conquer. One thing's for sure, the longer these cartels go unchecked, the more powerful they become and the more heinous their crimes. These guys already make the old Mafia look like Sunday school kids and it's only gonna get worse.

Old 04-12-2014, 09:27 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,680,954 times
We have some cartel violence here -- it never bothers me when some drug trafficker or drug lord or low-life drug dealer gets taken out.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:17 AM

3,147 posts, read 3,500,882 times
Ending the drug war and having open borders would solve this problem. (A truly free country can't have anything other than open borders.) Of course, you would have to slash social entitlements, but we should be doing that anyway as they are immoral and more than we can afford anyway.

These solutions do not work practically as long as Republocrats stay in power.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
Let me tell you something GI Joe. If there's crack in your community, if there's smack in your community or even low grade weed, the cartels are already IN your community. Unless you're a battle seasoned vet, and even then, there is no way most people can comprehend the level of violence these cartels use on a daily basis. Women, children, old or infirmed, it doesn't matter to these animals. While you're swaggering around with your modified AK and talking about raining red hot death on cartel members, they've already got your kid and/or grandfather tied up in the town square and are slicing bits off waiting for the resistance to give up.

You think the folks in Mexico aren't armed? You think they haven't tried to stop these murderous thugs? These cartels recruit straight outta special forces. One of the groups, Los Zetas is comprised of elite desert special forces that jointly deserted to become a strong arm for another cartel before branching out on their own. The cartels are also recruiting combat vets from right here in the US. People who've found that they enjoy killing and embrace brutality as a way of life. These "soldiers" are animals.......scum of the Earth with absolutely no regard for human life.

The cartels, which you think you're safe from for now aren't just into drugs. They're into counterfitting software and DVDs, selling firearms, people trafficking and oil. We (the US) can't afford to sit around any longer with a myopic POV that says, "well....as long as they're in Mexico, they're not bothering me" .

If the US government is so hot for a war (and they usually are) there's one just begging to be fought in Mexico. Problem is, we need to overcome internal obstacles first. Politicians aside, there are other big money concerns that are served by the cartels. Namely the banking and oil industries as well as the firearms lobby.... and those are some mighty hurdles to conquer. One thing's for sure, the longer these cartels go unchecked, the more powerful they become and the more heinous their crimes. These guys already make the old Mafia look like Sunday school kids and it's only gonna get worse.
Thanks! It felt like I was the only one concerned with this issue where I live, I'm glad to see others are paying attention...

Old 04-12-2014, 10:44 AM

8,632 posts, read 12,993,036 times
Most Americans(especially those who don't live near the Mexican border) don't care as long as the cartel crime isn't happening in their neighborhoods.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
We have some cartel violence here -- it never bothers me when some drug trafficker or drug lord or low-life drug dealer gets taken out.
What about when said low life drug dealer's family of 20 kids, girlfriends, grandmothers etc gets taken out? It's happened in Arizona.

Ted Galen Carpenter: Mexico's Drug Violence Seeps Over the Border

Bodies pile up as Mexican drug cartels kill and dismember journalists* - NY Daily News

In the second article (slighty GRAPHIC warning, photos of blurred dead bodies and a body bag) it talks about how Barak Obama side-stepped this issue saying it was up to the Mexican people to handle their own.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/24/us/24border.html?_r=0

Massacre Near Arizona-Mexico Border Shines Light In Increase As Drug-Trafficking Corridor | Fox News Latino

I can keep going....

Old 04-12-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Rusev View Post
If they are torturing and murdering the families of Judges, Lawyers, Military officers, policemen, journalists, and gun toting drug dealers, who are you to think they wouldn't be able to reach you and your family? Most judges/lawyers etc that are prominent in Mexico own bullet proof vehicles and are surrounded by body guards and the cartels are still able to murder and kidnap them on a daily basis.

You might kill one or two in your rambo style blaze of glory, but you'd probably watch your wife and kids get tortured first. That's how the Zetas roll...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates