Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 10:28 AM

2,054 posts, read 2,568,609 times

Advertisements

2016... we are still having this childish behaviour and attitude. I was a little kid in the 80's and didn't fully understand it all. Now, I'm a grown Moderator cut: Language man, and it still pisses me off that these attitudes exist. Uggghhh....Amerika just keeps running in place.

Last edited by Jeo123; 02-09-2016 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: If you have to bypass the filter, the language isn't appropriate.

Old 02-09-2016, 09:01 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudge View Post
Because of irresponsible behavior within the gay community, I believe the heterosexual community will end-up suffering once again -- HIV/AIDS eventually transferred from the gay community to the heterosexual population -- and that a large number of heterosexuals will again end-up affected and/or die as a result of this new HIV explosion with the gay community.
No, it was irresponsible behavior by the government (e.g. Reagan not uttering the word "AIDS" until 1987.) Public health officials didn't react quickly because HIV/AIDS was something that happened to "them" and not "us." Until it did start affecting "us," by which time it was too late.

Also, it can't transfer from gay to straight unless some straight people are not so straight after all.

Old 02-09-2016, 10:27 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
No, it was irresponsible behavior by the government (e.g. Reagan not uttering the word "AIDS" until 1987.) Public health officials didn't react quickly because HIV/AIDS was something that happened to "them" and not "us." Until it did start affecting "us," by which time it was too late.

Also, it can't transfer from gay to straight unless some straight people are not so straight after all.
I don't consider the sexual behavior leading up to the AIDS crisis to be irresponsible. They had no clue in the late 70s that AIDS existed.

Now someone being very promiscuous today without taking precautions, yes that's irresponsible. There is a drug out there now that you can take that prevents you from getting HIV. But even so, there are other things you can get. I'd personally like to see a campaign aimed at young gay men promoting more responsibility. Pointing out that you can get married, have a family, and contracting HIV at age 20 will still have a very negative impact on a happy life. I read an article recently about unsafe sex among young gay men (as well as young heterosexuals) that was rather alarming.

Old 02-09-2016, 11:18 AM

5,455 posts, read 3,387,658 times
As quoted in Wudges's thread ... Quote: "HIV infections are rising among gay men in many parts of the world, the World Health Organization warned Friday, urging all men who have sex with men to take anti-retroviral drugs to prevent infection." Unquote

In my opinion I find it irresponsible of WHO to single out one group like this when wording their statement even if they deem it statistically true.

Neither Heteros or Homos will suffer if they practice safe sex, are more selective about choosing sex partners, and practice control over their urges. This is what culture should strive for instead of pointing fingers of blame at one another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates