Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 01:23 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,232,472 times

Advertisements

So, I caught this news blurb today where a 24 and 32 year old set of female teachers had a group sex session with a 16 year old male student. Although it was consensual, it is illegal. Apparently, he also had sex with the 32 year old at her house 20 miles west of New Orleans.

The question I have is, should the two female teachers be treated the same had it been two male teachers, 24 and 32 having a gang bang with a 16 year old female student? Even if she were agreeable to it?

Seems to me, in most states this would be statutory rape and thus, severe penalties would apply. Right now it's indecent acts with a minor and related charges. In my state, if that were two males, they would be fried even if it were consensual.

So, I'm particularly interested in hearing what the females think about this. Should these two be adjudicated the same as any two males doing the same thing or, should the rules and punishment be different?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2014, 05:31 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,821 times
In our society we don't see females as sexual predators and males as sexual victims

Old 10-04-2014, 07:58 AM

723 posts, read 869,166 times
I think the seriousness of a crime should be judged by the harm caused and I do not think I would have been in any way damaged if I had boned a hot female teacher at 15 or whatever. Would I feel differently if I was a girl? I can't say, but I'm confident that I'm not abnormal at all by male standards.

Old 10-04-2014, 11:50 AM

778 posts, read 824,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
So, I caught this news blurb today where a 24 and 32 year old set of female teachers had a group sex session with a 16 year old male student. Although it was consensual, it is illegal. Apparently, he also had sex with the 32 year old at her house 20 miles west of New Orleans.

The question I have is, should the two female teachers be treated the same had it been two male teachers, 24 and 32 having a gang bang with a 16 year old female student? Even if she were agreeable to it?

Seems to me, in most states this would be statutory rape and thus, severe penalties would apply. Right now it's indecent acts with a minor and related charges. In my state, if that were two males, they would be fried even if it were consensual.

So, I'm particularly interested in hearing what the females think about this. Should these two be adjudicated the same as any two males doing the same thing or, should the rules and punishment be different?
No, gender shouldn't matter. My understanding is that 16 years old is below the age of consent there, so by definition that's statutory rape. There is still a power difference between a young male student and an adult female teacher that makes it unacceptable.

These two teachers should be charged as harshly as their male counterparts.

Old 10-04-2014, 02:28 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,890,146 times
Gender shouldn't matter but does. My hypothesis is that with boys sex is a rite of passage. We think of a boy in a case like this as a lucky duck and wish we had teachers that hot and willing when we were adolescents. If the roles were reversed we would be upset, especially men, because (IMHO) females need protection and shouldn't be defiled or the like. We are taught that a real man protects women and girls; especially daughters. In this case there is more people saying "Good for him. TWO!" Just an opinion, your mileage may vary. Not valid in all states.

Old 10-05-2014, 07:25 AM

463 posts, read 559,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredtinbender View Post
Gender shouldn't matter but does. My hypothesis is that with boys sex is a rite of passage. We think of a boy in a case like this as a lucky duck and wish we had teachers that hot and willing when we were adolescents. If the roles were reversed we would be upset, especially men, because (IMHO) females need protection and shouldn't be defiled or the like. We are taught that a real man protects women and girls; especially daughters. In this case there is more people saying "Good for him. TWO!" Just an opinion, your mileage may vary. Not valid in all states.
This is based on the two very wrong assumptions

1. That teenage girls also don't get the hots for their teachers/coaches and can be a willing participant in an illicit student/teacher relationship and brag about it afterwards to their friends. Society nonetheless brings the hammer down on the male teacher, irregardless of his "hotness"

2. The guy who manages to bang his 2 hot teachers was a "lucky duck." I chuckle when I hear guys say stuff like that and how they "wish they had teachers like that." The truth is, the male student was probably an attractive high status male (i.e. star football player) that was going to have his pick of the female litter anyways. Even if most guys had "those kind of teachers", they would have not risked their professional reputation on some average pimply teenage dork; which the guys posting that sort of commentary most likely were back in high school.

Old 10-05-2014, 09:46 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,097,684 times
No, it should not matter. The way I see it, there are only two fair alternatives. Either these two female teachers are treated with the same severity as male teachers would in this scenario OR male teachers can get away with it more. I think the answer is relatively obvious, but who knows, maybe someone disagrees. Regardless, we need to end double standards like this. Females can be sexual predators and males can be sexual victims.

Old 10-05-2014, 09:53 AM

245 posts, read 304,649 times
sex with underage males carries no risk of pregnancy for the youngster. That is the difference. And the legal age of consent should be much lower, like 14, which in effect, it is, since most prosecutors won't do much if the girl is that age or older. the perception of many jurists will be that "she's old enough to know" So many such cases are hung jury 'losers" for the prosecution, huge amounts of wasted taxpayer money and court time

Old 10-05-2014, 10:29 AM

1,624 posts, read 2,039,320 times
Let's be real what teenage boy wouldn't want to bang their teacher if they are hot. All my friends and myself always talked about banging teachers when I was younger. I can't speak for girls but I know boys would not pass up a chance to bang the teacher.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:31 AM

463 posts, read 559,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfoe View Post
Let's be real what teenage boy wouldn't want to bang their teacher if they are hot. All my friends and myself always talked about banging teachers when I was younger. I can't speak for girls but I know boys would not pass up a chance to bang the teacher.
And girls don't fantasize about banging their hot mid-20s gym coach? So we should be okay with this too right? As long as everyone is "hot" no harm no foul?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates