Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 08:01 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times

Advertisements

If mankind are sadists then we are not alone. Ever watch a Terrier Dog with a rat or a cat with an almost dead mouse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 05:45 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,820,135 times
People forget we are animals, running around like some advanced highbreed species above such savagry, when such things have always been the law of the land. Everything has to be civil and and the only recourse has to be a legal one, to which irratates me greatly. Sometimes sonebody just need to be punched in the face, is it callious, it sure is, is it the right thing fir this day and age, maybe not, yet it isn't always wrong. Yet we create all these rules and laws, that are nothing to leave people oh so docile, and submissive, removing any direct hand in vengeance, revenge, or fair play turn-about. It's all asinine to me personally, sometimes people need to just duke it out. The bad thing about that is no one has any kind of honor anymore, one can't simply beat some one up, or simy take their whuppin.

One of my favorite songs is called Omerta, the opening is more or less the way things were, and are:

Who ever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool, or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of themselves with that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant; "if I live, I will kill you, if I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule.of honor.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:26 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,277,666 times
There is a normal distribution of personalities. Some people are not even close to being sadists. Some people are sadists if they feel loss, or are threatened or have someone "wrong" them. (Even being "wronged" is subject to debate, like Aaron Hernandez being snubbed at a club and killing for the perceived snub... ahh humanity.)

I am a sadist anytime I get stung by a mosquito. I would like to gut the mosquito while she is still alive but she's usually mush where I swatted her next to my stinging welt.

If people realize what a small "pale blue dot" the world is then maybe they would put the small meaningless differences aside and concentrate on the collective power of life on earth, and try to ensure our existence in this universe is not left in the hands of the complacent ignorant or to a possible asteroid that wipes us all out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates