Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2015, 09:05 PM

206 posts, read 304,568 times

Advertisements

Ok, so don't get me wrong. I am not saying women should not have rights! But here is what I want to understand, there are women in the world who say they want to be like men. Some say they want to be able to sleep around and cheat on their mates\husbands if they want to, but why would they want that? Why are people running to do be like this instead of trying to get married and have a family. In my view, it seems like "some" women want to have some kind of control to run wild and be like any typical women around. Some of them complain about what men do, but some of them are the same way... not wanting to be faithful and honoring love and marriage

What is so wrong with just being married and wanted a good husband and all that, it seems like some women are leaving that mentality behind and why is that?

Last edited by Oldhag1; 02-19-2015 at 11:55 AM.. Reason: Clarity - see DM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 09:19 PM

10,372 posts, read 8,015,612 times
Equality is equality. If it is acceptable for men to remain unwed and to not to have children, then it is acceptable for women to do so as well. Not everyone wants marriage and children.

As for lying and cheating, that is not acceptable for either sex. Adultery is wrong - but it's wrong equally. A cheating husband is behaving every bit as badly as a cheating wife. The double standard was a bad thing, and we should be glad it's gone.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:01 AM

4,994 posts, read 5,308,072 times
Our mores have changed too fast. People don't think through the consequences of what they what they are doing.

Before birth control, women pretty much had to get married because they were going to get pregnant and have a baby if they had sex. Marriage was a means of security to take care of those babies. You usually had some sort of relationship or agreement before getting married. Marriage was a long term contract. Having sex doesn't necessarily equate to a baby being born any more. Women don't financially need the security that marriage used to provide. A lot of people want instant gratification. They don't develop the relationships like they used to when marriage having babies was a goal. I believe the lack of relationship development is why we have so many unhappy men and women.

It's easy to think you can have babies and find the right guy later on if you are a woman. In reality, our bodies age out a lot faster than men. We suffer the most in terms of stds, child rearing, finances, etc. Guys can get away with sleeping around, cheating on spouses, etc., easier because their cost of doing so is a lot lower. A guy is only needed for a few minutes to make a baby and then he can be out of the picture for the rest of that baby's life. A woman has to go through pregnancy, birth, parenthood, financially supporting the child and childcare.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:03 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,755,535 times
Just be careful what you wished for. The effect is that younger men have less respect for females of all ages because they were brought up on the premise of being equal. More younger females are committing crimes that traditionally men commit. Cheating is no longer predominately male.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:46 AM

24,557 posts, read 17,308,779 times
Equality in relationships works both ways for male and females today. A woman can be just as promiscuous as a man but the label she is going to get stuck with isn't nice.
I think cheating for men and women comes down the need for personal satisfaction right now and damn the consequences. So many people have lost control of themselves be it with sex, drugs and alcohol. They need to feel good all the time.
I blame our society that features celebrities and movies where getting high or drunk and having sex is a way of life and seldom with consequences beyond a hangover the next morning.

Some people can't handle a marriage because they think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence and they can't resist the urges to go play in it.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:49 AM

2,234 posts, read 3,327,275 times
I have seen reports, learning channel educational; shows and read news stories that confirm that women of child bearing age look for a man that's a good provider, such as; an accountant, business man, white collar worker of some kind to marry and then 42% of the women in the survey had illicit sex with some other man that they deemed had better genes.

I thought that these stories were bull until I started to look at families and how similar the kids were to the parents. I have observed (to many to count) families were the mother and father are short and the kids are tall and athletic and the kids don't even look like the father.

When I was single a dated several women that later I found out were married and they made it a point not to tell me.

I now believe the reports and the stories of infidelity of women.

Old 02-20-2015, 11:26 AM

36,631 posts, read 30,953,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter921 View Post
Ok, so don't get me wrong. I am not saying women should not have rights! But here is what I want to understand, there are women in the world who say they want to be like men. Some say they want to be able to sleep around and cheat on their mates\husbands if they want to, but why would they want that? Why are people running to do be like this instead of trying to get married and have a family. In my view, it seems like "some" women want to have some kind of control to run wild and be like any typical women around. Some of them complain about what men do, but some of them are the same way... not wanting to be faithful and honoring love and marriage

What is so wrong with just being married and wanted a good husband and all that, it seems like some women are leaving that mentality behind and why is that?
There is nothing wrong with wanting marriage and a family. I'm not so sure it is a mentality that is being left by the wayside as marriage has historically been a necessity to align family and wealth, means for survival or requirement for engaging in sex. If you haven't noticed equal rights i.e. equal job opportunities, equal pay, equal legal considerations and to a large extent birth control ease and availability have changed the last constraint. Today people need only marry if that is their true desire and marry for love or what they perceive to be love. There are far more options and opportunities and many people choose to take advantage of those opportunities in lieu of the traditional marriage role.

Old 02-22-2015, 03:17 AM

743 posts, read 833,886 times
These women you speak of are typically the ones that were rejected by men or brainwashed. Men and women are suppose to be different in many ways. It's science, people. They don't even want equality, they want all of the benefits and none of the consequences. When these women become eager to be pushed into selective service and perform manual labor, then I'll believe they want equality. Remember, these are the same girls that get drunk at college parties and call rape the next day because they regret the societal consequences (being shamed) due to their irresponsible choices. Why don't women go to jail for taking advantage of a drunken man? Yeah, they totally want equality lol....

Old 02-22-2015, 05:51 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,636,775 times
Today's feminists, especially the radical types claim they want to be "equal" to men. But not "equal" as they say in a "man's sense" whatever the hell that means. In other words, they want to be superior in all aspects. They want to have all the same opportunities, advantages, "goodies" as men BUT still be treated as women. All of the "good stuff" but none of the responsibilities. Ie: the military, have the ability to train alongside men, go into combat with men, get promoted with men BUT have separate performance standards OR lower the men's traditional standards so the women can attain them easier. It makes no sense unless you subscribe to the P.C. progressive agenda "Separate is NEVER Equal".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates