Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 09:58 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
saying that what happens? that black men have 'recreational' sex, or that they don't take care of kids? I'm sorry but that is so laughable that it doesn't even deserve an answer
Laughable but demonstrably true. I know the evidence is anecdotal. I really dislike denying the obvious in the name of sounding sophisticated, tolerant or open.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:03 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,218,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Laughable but demonstrably true. I know the evidence is anecdotal. I really dislike denying the obvious in the name of sounding sophisticated, tolerant or open.
Pathetic.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieG View Post
Pathetic.
Is a personal attack the best you can come up with?

OK, fine, Jewish and Amish neighborhoods are full of children who never knew their fathers, and who beat the bejesus out of someone who looks at their girlfriends the wrong way. I give up.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Is a personal attack the best you can come up with?

OK, fine, Jewish and Amish neighborhoods are full of children who never knew their fathers, and who beat the bejesus out of someone who looks at their girlfriends the wrong way. I give up.
That's not a personal attack. It is an observation of your point of view which is narrow and limited at best.
Now, if I wanted to attack you personally, I could have.....are you worth that though?

Old 04-17-2015, 10:15 PM

Quote:
That's not a personal attack. It is an observation of your point of view which is narrow and limited at best.
Now, if I wanted to attack you personally, I could have.....are you worth that though?
I have actually put in time as a volunteer legal assistant trying to help the black community.

During 1982, I worked as a legal assistant in a legal services program for the poor. This shows that I put action behind my words bout helping poor people. I was not being paid. During this time, the painter for one of the contractors engaged to rehabilitate slum housing in Westchester County, New York took a liking to a 13 year old girl in one of the apartments he was painting. Can anyone tell us why the 13 year old girl wasn't in school, and wound up pregnant by the painter? Is this a worthwhile use of taxpayer and government money?

The even-more-liberal attorney I was working under had, let us say, a very serious difference of opinion with me about this matter. I asked her what the 13 year old girl?s mother did for a living. She said "she's a mother." If she was being a full time mother, then, how did her daughter wind up pregnant at the age of 13 by a painter? And what net gain did those legal services I helped provide give to the poor people? Probably none.

My point in all of this is that poor people do things that doom them and, worse, their offspring to continuing and grinding poverty, such as ensuring the dwellings they inhabit are, by and by, ruined.

Now, try to tell me I'm a racist.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:18 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
You mean die suddenly and tragically of a disease?
Common. No statistics or proof that I'm asking for can be provided. In response to not being able to provide that proof, using ad hominem sarcasm is the response. Not surprised. All it shows is an evasive way of reacting to a certain situation.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:22 PM

Quote:
I have actually put in time as a volunteer legal assistant trying to help the black community.

During 1982, I worked as a legal assistant in a legal services program for the poor. This shows that I put action behind my words bout helping poor people. I was not being paid. During this time, the painter for one of the contractors engaged to rehabilitate slum housing in Westchester County, New York took a liking to a 13 year old girl in one of the apartments he was painting. Can anyone tell us why the 13 year old girl wasn't in school, and wound up pregnant by the painter? Is this a worthwhile use of taxpayer and government money?

The even-more-liberal attorney I was working under had, let us say, a very serious difference of opinion with me about this matter. I asked her what the 13 year old girl?s mother did for a living. She said "she's a mother." If she was being a full time mother, then, how did her daughter wind up pregnant at the age of 13 by a painter? And what net gain did those legal services I helped provide give to the poor people? Probably none.

My point in all of this is that poor people do things that doom them and, worse, their offspring to continuing and grinding poverty, such as ensuring the dwellings they inhabit are, by and by, ruined.

Now, try to tell me I'm a racist.
I'm sure them black peeoples is so glad you showed up fixn to help therm cause lawd hab mercy where would theys be without a good old boy?

*sarcasm off*

snicker

Old 04-17-2015, 10:27 PM

Quote:
I'm sure them black peeoples is so glad you showed up fixn to help therm cause lawd hab mercy where would theys be without a good old boy?
Take a tour of South Third Street in Mount Vernon, New York some time. And then give me your asinine sarcastic snickers.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Take a tour of South Third Street in Mount Vernon, New York some time. And then give me your asinine sarcastic snickers.
You threatening me??

Old 04-17-2015, 10:47 PM

67 posts, read 88,710 times
Quote:
That ErnieG guy is one annoying dude. Just ignore his pathetic *ss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.