Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 11:27 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieG View Post
Nothing to do with genetics. There are so many scenarios that could and have played out in the real world that clearly blows this notion out of the water. And exceptionalism isn't the cause either.
+1

Old 04-16-2015, 09:38 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
It is kinda comical that many of you figure that most minorities sit in their living rooms plotting ways to maximize government subsidies. They probably have prepared an Excel spreadsheet to determine the "sweet spot" for the optimal number of kids to have. Or maybe there's an app for that . . .

I don't know about you, but you can't pay me enough de minimis governmental assistance to wake up at 3 a.m. for diaper changes for the next 15 years.

Mick
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
i knew this one black guy that at 25 he had 27 children by 17 different ladies. his reply, it wasn't his problem.. I thought it was a joke till the welfare people started showing up every payday and taking 100% of his paycheck. judge say his living wasn't his problem.
Again, to repeat, I tie it to recreation. For black men sex is recreation since they don't help with the kids. The women may not have the physical strength to resist a hormone-fueled, 6'3" 16 year old.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
For black men sex is recreation since they don't help with the kids.
wow..what a generalization that is. One of my best friends is an older black man who not only raised his own two children but went on to mentor black boys from fatherless homes and after retiring became a school teacher in an inner city junior high in order to provide black teens with a role model.

Shame on you for your racist BS. Seeing all the young white baby mamas it seems like sex as recreation is not just a black thang

Old 04-16-2015, 10:32 PM

490 posts, read 660,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
For black men sex is recreation since they don't help with the kids.
Seriously?

Old 04-16-2015, 10:32 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,138,222 times
And here I thought sex was recreational by definition.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:03 AM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
wow..what a generalization that is. One of my best friends is an older black man who not only raised his own two children but went on to mentor black boys from fatherless homes and after retiring became a school teacher in an inner city junior high in order to provide black teens with a role model.

Shame on you for your racist BS. Seeing all the young white baby mamas it seems like sex as recreation is not just a black thang
I can add more to this. I'm a Black male, and I've never had sex. I will be 30 next year. It took a father and a mother to raise me. I would agree there are so many generalizations.

And we can go further on something else. Sex can basically be a form of recreational activity for men in general. I've seen this myself in college, from many races/ethnicities of men.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:26 PM

67 posts, read 88,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I can add more to this. I'm a Black male, and I've never had sex. I will be 30 next year. It took a father and a mother to raise me. I would agree there are so many generalizations.

And we can go further on something else. Sex can basically be a form of recreational activity for men in general. I've seen this myself in college, from many races/ethnicities of men.
I agree on the this part of your statement but let's be honest the majority of black men have many baby mommas. I live in L.A. and here black males are around 4-5% of the population but trust me when I tell you black males get around and not just with black women. I have seen literally hundreds of white, hispanic and even some Asian women who are single unmarried mothers to black mixed babies. I never see this with other groups as much as I do with black males. I agree that not all black men are like this but from what I see on the ground a heck of a lot them are.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:36 PM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA1 View Post
I agree on the this part of your statement but let's be honest the majority of black men have many baby mommas. I live in L.A. and here black males are around 4-5% of the population but trust me when I tell you black males get around and not just with black women. I have seen literally hundreds of white, hispanic and even some Asian women who are single unmarried mothers to black mixed babies. I never see this with other groups as much as I do with black males. I agree that not all black men are like this but from what I see on the ground a heck of a lot them are.
You live in L.A. What you know of comes from being in LA. I live in the Atlanta area, and the majority of Blacks that I know don't have "baby's momma's". Some do have them. However, the vast majority of the one's I know don't have that issue.

And in LA, consider this. There are hundreds of Blacks with "baby's momma's", out of how many? 200,000 Black men in LA alone? Are you sure at least 150,000 Black men in LA have baby's mamma's?

Old 04-17-2015, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA1 View Post
I haven't seen that...I'm in Sacramento now and haven't really been keeping track of 'baby mamas', but I lived in Reno for 14 years and saw almost no black males who had 'many baby mommas' most lived in very stable family situations, or were students living alone or in a dorm. On the other hand, I did outreach work there with homeless women and about 99% of them were white and unmarried with children, frequently with children by different fathers. Maybe what you are observing is not racial but is socioeconomic.

Old 04-17-2015, 06:26 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,138,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You live in L.A. What you know of comes from being in LA. I live in the Atlanta area, and the majority of Blacks that I know don't have "baby's momma's". Some do have them. However, the vast majority of the one's I know don't have that issue.

And in LA, consider this. There are hundreds of Blacks with "baby's momma's", out of how many? 200,000 Black men in LA alone? Are you sure at least 150,000 Black men in LA have baby's mamma's?
I'm sure it varies, but I think the following are concerning.

On single-mother households:
"The percentage of children living with their mother without a father present varied widely among race and origin groups in 2009, from 8 percent for Asian children to 50 percent for black children. Seventeen percent of non-Hispanic white children and 26 percent of Hispanic children also lived with their mother only" Census Bureau Reports 64 Percent Increase in Number of Children Living with a Grandparent Over Last Two Decades - Children - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau

On births outside of wedlock:
"The black community's 72 percent rate eclipses that of most other groups: 17 percent of Asians, 29 percent of whites, 53 percent of Hispanics and 66 percent of Native Americans were born to unwed mothers in 2008, the most recent year for which government figures are available. The rate for the overall U.S. population was 41 percent." Blacks struggle with 72 percent unwed mothers rate - Health - Women's health | NBC News

Personally, I don't care as much about the marriage stats as much as I do the broader sociological and psychological effects of such abundance in non-asian single-mother households.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates