Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2015, 08:49 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjury15 View Post
Why hasn't this been closed yet?
why? its not causing no harm, its a pretty good subject matter.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:57 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Maude View Post
Losing a white majority certainly doesn't imply admixture.
i remember reading an article in the 60"s how some of the elite liberal think tank was pushing the idea of inter breeding so after a period of time, there would just be one race. one would think that was a hoax but then looking at hollywood agenda the last 50 years. Hollywood really control the public agenda by how they think.

then you look at other countries like japan thats 98% japan. you can see an agenda being push in usa

Old 04-19-2015, 09:02 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,218,598 times
Deniers denying the problem does not make the problem go away. Over 70% of babies sired by black men are fatherless. Statistics do not lie. Some prominent black leaders are making an attempt to address this epidemic in the black community, and as seen in the viewers comments, are still met with complete denial and excuses by black viewers of the videos:

https://youtu.be/dGhNpdCS0KI

Old 04-19-2015, 09:04 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,848,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
i remember reading an article in the 60"s how some of the elite liberal think tank was pushing the idea of inter breeding so after a period of time, there would just be one race. one would think that was a hoax but then looking at hollywood agenda the last 50 years. Hollywood really control the public agenda by how they think.

then you look at other countries like japan thats 98% japan. you can see an agenda being push in usa
You are overdramatic and only you can decide what you want
White people are choosing to be childfree than other groups.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:06 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Sorry, my intention was to say that they would consider abortion, which most would consider killing their babies, to be worst than giving a child up or raising it. Many of these poorer people, especially the working poor do value their children from conception. The $80 is the food stamp amount per person, more or less. They also get a WIC coupon and additional cash.

The reason the average amount of children plays out is because of the number of single, especially those with disabilities and seniors, who don't have children. Do the math? Average. An interesting comparison about welfare income: http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.or...ff_2013_wp.pdf I live among the poor, the welfare poor, lazy trash that care about booze and drugs, not birth control and the working poor. I did a comparison and the only difference between what a low wage worker and a welfare recipient was the pride that the low wage worker had that kept them working when they could have been laying in bed all day and partying all night. And, we are talking about white people. Socio-economic class.

We live in KS. There are almost NO blacks here. I didn't grow up here, thank God, and I won't be staying here but I see this prejudice like this quite often. They only need to know of one black person doing something and that means ALL. That is what happens when you are ignorant about what you are talking about. And, we have LOTS of illegitimate births, white girls/woman having 100% white babies usually up to 3 with different white fathers. I think 3 is the cut off for additional benefits. And, we are raising them with our tax dollars also a lot of "anchor" babies, 100% pure illegal and although the parents may be married I have many issues with that!

Someone that obviously didn't give it much thought said they knew the father wasn't in the picture because they saw the mother with the children at the swimming pool and the zoo with the kids, things a father usually joins in. Well, maybe dad was working. I guess that thought never crossed the person's mind. Her husband could also be deployed by the military and she has come back to stay in the area of her family while he is away. You do see the mixed marriages more so with the military. It was on a Sunday? People work on Sunday. Work schedules today are insane and my husband works 3rd shift Wednesday night through Sunday night. I just never thought all the years he worked 3rd shift and I had the kids out without him that people would think my kids were illegitimate. Oh, they wouldn't have thought that would they? We are white.

I do think we need to qualify "working poor" and "welfare poor". I think most don't mind giving help to those doing everything they can and who still can't make it but the ones who refuse to help themselves are the issue.

It is my feeling that this threads started about blacks are meant to increase someone's points for the "contest" at C-D. I have heard people like this in the general public and I do let them know what I think about what they said. I grew up in MI near where the underground railroad ended and had many friends and classmates who were black and when I hear this racist nonsense, I see their faces in my head and tell myself that is who they are talking about and you don't talk that way about them because you don't know them yet feel comfortable slamming them. You can fix ignorance but you know what they say about "stupid", can't fix that!
Thanks for the abortion clarification, I was pretty sure you didn't mean it the way it came out. Regarding the Cato study it has been debunked time and time again, but unfortunately it keeps popping up in right wing blogs. They add every single 'welfare' program that exists together and make the spurious claim that all welfare recipients get all of them and make more than computer programmers

Here are a few good articles about the Cato Study (please note sources, they are not from "libs")

Forbes: "The problem is, based on the shocking bogus methodology utilized by the study—a methodology that could only have been chosen to achieve a desired result—the claim turns out to be complete, unadulterated nonsense easily disproven through a modicum of effort and understanding no more than the basics of how welfare works and who receives the benefits" The Conservative Case For Welfare Reform Suffers Massive Blow Via Cato Institute Study - Forbes

Business Insider: "The study is called "The Welfare-Versus-Work Tradeoff," and it's meant to show why people don't get off welfare. And it's B.S., for three reasons..." Does Welfare Really Pay Better Than Work? - Business Insider

And regarding Cato: The Cato Institute is a libertarian think tank founded by Charles G. Koch and funded by the Koch brothers. It is headquartered in Washington, D.C
Cato Institute - SourceWatch

As far as the family size for welfare families being 'distorted' because the elderly are included in the figure, aren't they included in the population of non-welfare recipients?
WIC is only for children under 5, it provides a small number of specific food products from a list, in order to remain eligible a physician must certify eligibility every six months.

I worked with the poor in Reno, mostly young white women. The wait for subsidized housing was 2-5 years much the same as it is in most of the country. Cash benefits are $383 for a family of 3. It is impossible to find a rental for $383 so many of these women are homeless, live in their cars, or sell some of their food stamps to pay rent. The utility 'subsidy' mentioned in Cato is a 20% break on utility bills and is of no benefit to a family who is homeless, or lives in a weekly motel and doesn't pay utilities separately.

Undocumented people can and do receive benefits for their children who are citizens (born in the US) what do you suggest, deny them benefits? Maybe we wouldn't have quite so many undocumented if we hadn't looked the other way for the past 40 years while they flooded across the border in order to provide a ready source of cheap labor for employers. Had we put those employers in jail for hiring undocumented people I don't think we would have 11 to 20 million undocumented people in this Country.

Last edited by 2sleepy; 04-19-2015 at 09:18 AM..

Old 04-19-2015, 09:15 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
why? its not causing no harm, its a pretty good subject matter.
Besides the fact that the OP has already started a thread on black men and that every single thread he makes is about race.

This is a hate provoking thread that brings out the racists and bigots.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Besides the fact that the OP has already started a thread on black men and that every single thread he makes is about race.

This is a hate provoking thread that brings out the racists and bigots.
+1

Old 04-19-2015, 09:21 AM

Quote:

Please tell me where the "elite liberal think tank" is, I might want to go join them

Old 04-19-2015, 10:15 AM

67 posts, read 88,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
Ah, no. It's not going to take "hundreds of years." In the U.S.A. it's going to take about 30 years. The U.S. Census Bureau takes count of this stuff and they have announced that by 2045, the white population will make up less than 50 percent of the American population. It's likely to be that way forever going forward. So, yes, you're right about one thing. The American public of the future, in ever shade from off-white to almost black, will indeed be laughing at us.

I'd recommend that the OP watch this video so he can get ready for the future he might live to see:
So You're About To Become A Minority...
Have you ever been to Latin America. Whites are a minority and control everything. This will be the same in the U.S. Whites, Jews and Asians will continue to accumulate the wealth.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:17 AM

3,850 posts, read 2,228,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA1 View Post
I have noticed over the last couple of years in California and in my travels throughout this country an interesting phenomena. Black males have been getting thousands of non-black women pregnant and leaving them as single mothers. We all know the statistics about black males and black females regarding their illegitimacy rate but now it is crossing racial lines when black males date non-blacks. I live in L.A. County where black males are like 4-5% of the population but they are spreading their seeds all over the place and you see so many unmarried white, hispanic and even some Asians women with their black babies. I know people are going to say things like how do you know the father is not part of their lives. For one thing whenever I see these women it is in public places like the beach, the park and the zoo where most fathers tend to go with their families but these women are rarely accompanied by black males. I can never remember seeing anything like this or at least to this extent before Obama was elected or before the Kardashians were in the public eye. So my question is. Is this some kind of trend where women think it is cool to have an illegitimate black mixed kid?
I don't think this is a significant phenomenon. It's just that you only notice the illegitimate children that are half-black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates