Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 08:46 AM

557 posts, read 810,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougfan View Post
Funny - I only see Progressives obsessing about it - being that they can ONLY see people by race and orientation, not as individuals.

THAT is bigotry and hate!
You are indoctrinated well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2015, 06:44 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workitoutnow View Post
Not a strange post at all. Most Tea Partiers would like to see all GLBT people just go away, and are really into abortion restrictions as well.
How do you know? Have you been out asking Tea Party members?

Quote:
The "B" word is spelled B-I-G-O-T and fits most tea partiers perfectly.
No, it is a word liberals frequently use to those they don't agree with. Doesn't make them a "bigot."

Quote:
You and the Tea Party will force your fake "morals and values" on our fine Country over my dead body.
Exactly what "fake" morals and values are you talking about? Whatever you are talking about, it's better than forcing people to accept & approve of abnormal behavior.

Old 06-11-2015, 06:47 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,139,509 times
Why do you care what other consenting adults obsess over?

Old 06-11-2015, 07:00 PM

16,543 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workitoutnow View Post
Not a strange post at all. Most Tea Partiers would like to see all GLBT people just go away, and are really into abortion restrictions as well.

The "B" word is spelled B-I-G-O-T and fits most tea partiers perfectly.

You and the Tea Party will force your fake "morals and values" on our fine Country over my dead body.
I really don't want to waste too much time on this because I am not a Tea Party person.

However you have allowed the false narrative created by the liberal media to unfairly characterize the Tea Party as socially conservative. They are much more fiscally conservative from my understanding of them. Granted they are in the tent of the (R's), but unlike typical socially conservative (R's), they are focused elsewhere. There I some bleed over, but by and large they are not focused on social causes as much as smaller government and proper management of taxes/government.

`

`

Old 06-11-2015, 10:42 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,693,023 times
I laugh when gays want acceptance from others for being gay. I mean if you're a peter puffer then that is your business not mine. So don't tell me. Life is too short to be trying to gain acceptance from others. Many people don't accept me for the way I am. I don't care as long as they don't try to hinder me. I don't accept or tolerate. I ignore. I do require 100% of my focus.

Old 06-18-2015, 02:15 PM

244 posts, read 361,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
I laugh when gays want acceptance from others for being gay. I mean if you're a peter puffer then that is your business not mine. So don't tell me. Life is too short to be trying to gain acceptance from others. Many people don't accept me for the way I am. I don't care as long as they don't try to hinder me. I don't accept or tolerate. I ignore. I do require 100% of my focus.
Gays are hindered, what world are you living in?

Old 06-18-2015, 08:54 PM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Because queers are sick disgusting filthy people.

OOOO K. So, where did you decide to place that swastika tattoo?

Old 06-19-2015, 05:28 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,693,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by violent by design View Post
Gays are hindered, what world are you living in?
Good for them. I'm not doing it so I can't be arsed.

Old 06-19-2015, 08:19 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,158,739 times
Religious busybodies have a fascist mindset that only what they believe is right should be allowed. ISIS, Taliban, Boko Haram and the Tea Party fanatically believe their invisible man wants all who in someway go against their religious texts should be punished. Fortunately religion is slowly dying but lack of educational access and leaders who want to keep their people docile sheep are fighting people abandoning faith.

Old 06-19-2015, 08:22 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,158,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I really don't want to waste too much time on this because I am not a Tea Party person.

However you have allowed the false narrative created by the liberal media to unfairly characterize the Tea Party as socially conservative. They are much more fiscally conservative from my understanding of them. Granted they are in the tent of the (R's), but unlike typical socially conservative (R's), they are focused elsewhere. There I some bleed over, but by and large they are not focused on social causes as much as smaller government and proper management of taxes/government.

`

`
No what you said is completely false. Those who are looking for small government, fiscal conservative and low taxation are called "libertarians". The Tea Party are the religious right under a new name. Why does the Tea Party get into issues like banning abortion and gay marriage, keeping a mosque from being built near Ground Zero, advocating for people who kill unarmed young black men and putting the Ten Commandments in government buildings? None of those things are related to small government or fiscal matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates