Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 02:25 AM

230 posts, read 525,919 times

Advertisements

Being Canadian is far better than being american. Most globally aware people know that now. Being american sucks and has no advantages over being Canadian. Canadians are more free and well liked by the rest of the world. Canada is just a better society. Howevery being Canadian does still pale in comparison to being European.

Old 06-08-2015, 02:28 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,159,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennies4Penny View Post
Also higher percentages of people killed or injured by guns occur in RED states.

1. Washington, D.C. - Death by gun: Top 20 states with highest rates - Pictures - CBS News
Washington, D.C. is a red state?

Old 06-08-2015, 02:32 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,807,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Washington, D.C. is a red state?
Oh excuse me.... 20 out of the 21 listed here are RED states, but you probably did bother to actually read it did you?

Old 06-08-2015, 02:58 AM

9,469 posts, read 10,797,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipod99 View Post
Being Canadian is far better than being american. Most globally aware people know that now. Being american sucks and has no advantages over being Canadian. Canadians are more free and well liked by the rest of the world. Canada is just a better society. Howevery being Canadian does still pale in comparison to being European.

This is a sad post IMO. First being American does not "suck" and whether or not other people like us has nothing to do with our quality of life and national pride. Second being Canadian does not "pale in comparison to being European". Ive been up to Canada countless times and never have seen anything wrong with it, nor have I seen drastic difference from the US. No reason to feel inferior to Europe or the US either. Also having been to Europe I do not see being European as being superior to being North American.(either Canadian or US) nothing against Europe as I loved being there, but they have their qualities and we have ours. Not to mention our North American culture sprung from Europe so it is not radically different either, especially the British.

Old 06-08-2015, 03:05 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,407,745 times
Quote:
Speaking of, we have WAY better beer than the Canadians do.

Forget Molson - I'll take a Shiner Bock, a Dixie Blackened Voodoo Lager, or an Abita Turbodog any day.
Sure, Slowpoke, and I'll have a Creemore Springs Lager. What's your point?

Old 06-08-2015, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennies4Penny View Post
Oh excuse me.... 20 out of the 21 listed here are RED states, but you probably did bother to actually read it did you?
Did you read the whole thing, or did you just assume all the listed states are red?

I did read it. DC, NV, and NM - all went blue in the 2012 Presidential election.

It's worth mentioning that some of the "red" states on the list have long-serving Democrat politicians, but for the sake of simplicity, we'll use the 2012 Presidential election as the yardstick of what constitutes a red state vs a blue state.

Old 06-08-2015, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
Sure, Slowpoke, and I'll have a Creemore Springs Lager. What's your point?
My point was self-explanatory.
Quote:
we have WAY better beer than the Canadians do.
But if you want to send me a case in an attempt to convince me that Canada does indeed produce good beer, I'm willing to open both my mind and a bottle of Creemore Springs Lager.

Old 06-08-2015, 03:20 AM

Quote:
I did read it. DC, NV, and NM - all went blue in the 2012 Presidential election.
Yanno, one of the great things about being Canadian is not caring what provinces voted Right Wing, and which voted Left Wing. We have more than two political parties here, and all count.

And all of our parties--yes, even the Conservatives--tend to be left of the US Democrats. Maybe that's a thing to be proud of.

Old 06-08-2015, 03:31 AM

Quote:
My point was self-explanatory.
No, it wasn't.

Quote:
But if you want to send me a case in an attempt to convince me that Canada does indeed produce good beer, I'm willing to open both my mind and a bottle of Creemore Springs Lager.
Nice try at getting free beer. I'd suggest that you either urge your local bar to stock more Canadian beer (among it, Creemore Springs), or visit Canada, and sample all its beers. Until then, you're just another American putting our beer down with no good reason.

I don't believe that you know real Canadian beer at all.

Old 06-08-2015, 04:56 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,237,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
I don't think Canadians that ever crossed the border into Detroit will have much of an inferiority complex left. Probably they develop a spontaneous superiority complex even.
Oh please. Most Americans don't even go into Detroit. The downtown area near GM is fine anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates