Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 07:19 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Has PC madness numbed peoples minds?
It has to the extent that you're obsessed with it.

What it's really done is to make some hypersensitive to misperceived "insults." To others, it has stifled their ability to use insulting language in public. So, it works both angles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2015, 07:19 AM

24,461 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Well be it a fear of not being PC out of a concern of being labelled or simply not wanting to get involved there is a danger in that.

Years ago there was a rather shady guy living in our neighborhood and one day I watched him walk onto a neighbors property, walk around her car trying the doors then the alarm went off and he quickly walked off her property. I thought it was rather odd so when she got home in her other car I made a call. She was so happy that I was watching out for her. In the end her older car was for sale and the guy was thinking about buying it.

Living in another area many years ago I saw a guy in a truck dumping demolition debris including old tires on a elderly neighbors wooded lot so I called the police. It turned out the guy had permission of the owner to do so, why anyone would want a pile of rotted wood and old tires on their property is beyond me but I'm glad I made the call.

We all need to be more vigilant and report anything that doesn't seem right. We need to watch out for each other.

The PC movement that seems so liberal is another phrase that can be considered conservative which is Common Sense.

We never seemed to have a problem when everyone was simply getting on with their lives but now we have too many telling us we are doing it wrong.

Old 12-09-2015, 07:49 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,585,426 times
OK, now imagine, every right wing, repressive personality type calling on everybody he perceived to be a Muslim and suspicious. As educated and knowledgeable about religions and cultures those people are, most of the calls will have nothing to do with Muslims. In no time, trigger happy, IQ deficient law enforcement will be overwhelmed. Chances are SWAT clad wannabe Rambos will raid your neighborhood too . The price of the non PC vigilance is dilution of useful information in a huge bucket of ignorant BS.

Old 12-09-2015, 08:14 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,807,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Well be it a fear of not being PC out of a concern of being labelled or simply not wanting to get involved there is a danger in that.

Years ago there was a rather shady guy living in our neighborhood and one day I watched him walk onto a neighbors property, walk around her car trying the doors then the alarm went off and he quickly walked off her property. I thought it was rather odd so when she got home in her other car I made a call. She was so happy that I was watching out for her. In the end her older car was for sale and the guy was thinking about buying it.

Living in another area many years ago I saw a guy in a truck dumping demolition debris including old tires on a elderly neighbors wooded lot so I called the police. It turned out the guy had permission of the owner to do so, why anyone would want a pile of rotted wood and old tires on their property is beyond me but I'm glad I made the call.

We all need to be more vigilant and report anything that doesn't seem right. We need to watch out for each other.

The PC movement that seems so liberal is another phrase that can be considered conservative which is Common Sense.

We never seemed to have a problem when everyone was simply getting on with their lives but now we have too many telling us we are doing it wrong.
Messing with another person's private property without their knowledge and dumping garbage anywhere ARE things to be suspicious of. Receiving packages and having mutual gatherings in your garage are normal. Heck, I do about 90% of my Christmas shopping online, I received 5 or 6 packages over a two week period plus what relatives sent us. Should my neighbors be concerned? I have neighbors who sit in their front yard and drink beer with their friends almost every weekend. Should I call the cops on them? How about if they are Mexican?

We should of course be vigilant and have each other's backs, but the conclusion you are trying to draw here is ridiculous.

Old 12-09-2015, 08:23 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
PC has always been with us. Unfortunately right now PC is nuts!

You can kill all the police you want to now but if you are the police you have to go to work every day and make sure you are perfect and never have bad judgment even though you have been on duty too long and are dog tired. You are not allowed to be human if you are the police and people are shouting "pigs in a blanket fry like bacon." That is just one example of the craziness this president says is their right to demonstrate. That is suggesting killing police and it happened as a result of that rant and those people should all be arrested.

If the neighbors had reported them nothing would have been done because our president protects all law breakers. Look who is under attack now? It isn't the trouble making president who isn't worth a plug nickel. It's the one brave voice crying in the wilderness who is actually responsible and cares about law and order and cares for the American people.

We are the only people who can change PC. Go Trump. Nobody else has the guts to be real.

Last edited by NCN; 12-09-2015 at 08:35 AM..

Old 12-09-2015, 08:25 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,577,041 times
I don't understand how the Personal Computer could be responsible for all this ...

Old 12-09-2015, 08:28 AM

50,721 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
This is not the first time you have brought up "political correctness". It a false issue that you always try to connect to liberals.

Conservatives have their own political correctness. Try telling many conservatives that Ronald Reagan's mind was gone the last year or so of his second term. They flip out and can't believe someone would be so insensitive about Alzheimers and Reagan. Call a conservative who is really into gun rights that he's a Neanderthal; his head will explode.

It just depends on where one's loyalties are. There is political correctness on both sides of the aisle.
Yes, there is a thread right now where a man has come under fire for having a "zombie" nativity scene, by all the conservative Christians who are offended by it. When people of other cultures are offended they are too sensitive, if it is deemed offensive to Christians however, it is a different matter.

I still don't think this thread topic has anything whatsoever to do with being P.C. however.

Old 12-09-2015, 09:18 AM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

These things have nothing to do with political correctness.

Old 12-09-2015, 09:19 AM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
I don't understand how the Personal Computer could be responsible for all this ...
Or Public commode. LOL You're funny.

Old 12-09-2015, 09:28 AM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Yes, there is a thread right now where a man has come under fire for having a "zombie" nativity scene, by all the conservative Christians who are offended by it. When people of other cultures are offended they are too sensitive, if it is deemed offensive to Christians however, it is a different matter.

I still don't think this thread topic has anything whatsoever to do with being P.C. however.
A Christian friend that I like very much posted a nativity scene made up of dogs on Facebook. I found it in very bad taste showing Mary, Joseph and Jesus as dogs but I am sure my animal loving nut friends would think it is cute. I know how to delete or hide offensive posts.

If zombies are dead, I could see that as offensive since Jesus lives. I have learned to be responsible about stuff that I am in control of naturally and I do defend my posts but what somebody else puts on their property is really not my business unless it smells up the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates