Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 10:22 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,664,016 times

Advertisements

If you use condoms every time all the time you will prevent pregnancy. They are 99.99..% effective if you used correctly for every sexual encounter. The failure rates that are usually attributed to condoms are because of incorrect use or lack of consistent use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2015, 06:22 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,791,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinbro2002 View Post
If you use condoms every time all the time you will prevent pregnancy. They are 99.99..% effective if you used correctly for every sexual encounter. The failure rates that are usually attributed to condoms are because of incorrect use or lack of consistent use.
False. Plus, in any case, 99.99% effectiveness is certainly not good enough for me!

Old 12-25-2015, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
"No risk, no reward..."
Huh?

Old 12-26-2015, 04:35 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Don't have sex with someone if you can't imagine having a child with her. It really is that simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Haven't you been "going to get surgically castrated" for a few years now?
So go get castrated already so you can quit talking about it.
Exactly. One or the other. Simple.

OP, If you think it's so easy for a woman to just go get an abortion, (I guess she'd pencil it in after picking up her Starbucks but before she got her nails done), let alone suffer its possible physical and emotional ramifications, then just go have YOUR surgery. Get'er done!

Good grief. Can you say "self-absorbed"?

Old 12-26-2015, 04:52 PM

10,089 posts, read 6,420,662 times
I think "obsessed" would be a better term for the OP's posts. Currently he has 3 threads that basically discuss the same topic, all of them in the Great Debates forum. I think his ideas have been discussed ad nauseum at this point, and there's simply no point in trying to discuss the subject with him rationally. It's obviously a mania with him.

Old 12-26-2015, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Exactly. One or the other. Simple.

OP, If you think it's so easy for a woman to just go get an abortion, (I guess she'd pencil it in after picking up her Starbucks but before she got her nails done), let alone suffer its possible physical and emotional ramifications, then just go have YOUR surgery. Get'er done!

Good grief. Can you say "self-absorbed"?
Here in California, Yes, I would think that it is pretty easy for a woman to get an abortion.

Also, though, in regards to abortion, isn't abortion a safer medical procedure than surgical castration is? Plus, in regards to the emotional ramifications of abortion, frankly, I would probably have more emotional ramifications if I accidentally killed a snail or an ant. After all, in contrast to embryos and early fetuses, snails and ants are (to my knowledge) both sentient. Indeed, an insentient embryo or fetus shouldn't be treated like a sentient organism/being any more than I myself should be treated like an actual corpse right now. After all, potential certainly isn't actuality!

Old 12-26-2015, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Here in California, Yes, I would think that it is pretty easy for a woman to get an abortion.

Also, though, in regards to abortion, isn't abortion a safer medical procedure than surgical castration is? Plus, in regards to the emotional ramifications of abortion, frankly, I would probably have more emotional ramifications if I accidentally killed a snail or an ant. After all, in contrast to embryos and early fetuses, snails and ants are (to my knowledge) both sentient. Indeed, an insentient embryo or fetus shouldn't be treated like a sentient organism/being any more than I myself should be treated like an actual corpse right now. After all, potential certainly isn't actuality!
I wasn't referring to LEGAL access to abortion. I'm talking about having the courage to undergo the procedure. It's very easy for a man to have the arrogance to insist an abortion is a piece of cake: he doesn't become pregnant; he doesn't endure the procedure; he doesn't suffer -- I repeat -- any possible emotional aftermath. I will never argue about this subject with anyone who hasn't experienced pregnancy. It's pointless. Suffice to say, I used to think like you do, but then I became pregnant for the first time. You, on the other hand, don't know what you're talking about.

Oh, and before you go rushing to stereotypes, I'm liberal and unafraid to call myself a feminist. I'm not religious, and I've lived most of my life in large, metropolitan northern cities.

Old 12-26-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
I wasn't referring to LEGAL access to abortion. I'm talking about having the courage to undergo the procedure. It's very easy for a man to have the arrogance to insist an abortion is a piece of cake: he doesn't become pregnant; he doesn't endure the procedure; he doesn't suffer -- I repeat -- any possible emotional aftermath. I will never argue about this subject with anyone who hasn't experienced pregnancy. It's pointless. Suffice to say, I used to think like you do, but then I became pregnant for the first time. You, on the other hand, don't know what you're talking about.

Oh, and before you go rushing to stereotypes, I'm liberal and unafraid to call myself a feminist. I'm not religious, and I've lived most of my life in large, metropolitan northern cities.
You know, I certainly regret that I cannot get a uterus transplant, purposely become pregnant, and then get an abortion (while you will pay for all of this, of course) just to prove you wrong in regards to this.

Indeed, can you please tell me why exactly I should feel more sad for an aborted fetus than I would for, say, a snail or an ant which someone killed?

Old 12-26-2015, 07:40 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,384,266 times
There is no getting through to the OP. It's pointless to continue. This is not a great debate. It's like beating your head against a wall.

Old 12-26-2015, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
You know, I certainly regret that I cannot get a uterus transplant, purposely become pregnant, and then get an abortion (while you will pay for all of this, of course) just to prove you wrong in regards to this.

Indeed, can you please tell me why exactly I should feel more sad for an aborted fetus than I would for, say, a snail or an ant which someone killed?
Just to be clear, I've never had an abortion, if that's you're suggesting. I'm pro-choice, but not reflexively so. And that's because I've experienced pregnancy, something you can't understand, and perhaps will never even respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates