Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2015, 04:37 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,804,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
And why aren't men choosing their partners more wisely? Why aren't you questioning the honey you pick up in a bar for a one-night stand carefully about how she feels about aborting any child that might be produced? Maybe you could even get her to sign some kind of pre-intercourse agreement, y'know like a pre-nup only before a one-nighter. My guess is that it's NOT on your mind at the time any more than it is on hers.

The fact is that you know the risks beforehand. Don't play if you're not willing to pay the possible consequences.
And who exactly said that I don't think that men should do all of this either? After all, people of both genders should certainly do this.

Also, though, I would like to point out that I myself neither drink alcohol nor go to bars. However, in spite of this, I still plan to ask all of my future female-bodied sexual partners about their views in regards to both abortion and adoption as well as have them make written promises in this regard. Of course, I also plan to get surgically castrated due to the fact that the current law unfortunately considers such written promises to be completely and utterly worthless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2015, 04:38 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,402,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
You are aware that condoms have a whopping 18% annual failure rate if one takes user error into account, correct?
That's why you use them with spermicidal jelly and a backup like a sponge/diaphragm/BC pills.

You can also decrease a males fertility by wearing tight underwear and using a hot tub or very hot baths.

It's not rocket science.

Old 12-21-2015, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Seriously? How many variations on this why-do-men-have-to-pay-child-support theme are you going to serve up?

//www.city-data.com/forum/great...pport-opt.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...pport-opt.html
Yes, seriously.

Quote:
Anyway, your confusion is in thinking that child support is punitive. You come to this conclusion by fixating on the man, who you see as a victim of having to participate in the financial support of the child he fathered, rather than on the needs of the child, who being helpless is dependent upon parental care until of age to care for itself through no doing of its own.
I hate to break it to you, but the man is certainly not responsible for the child's inability to earn a living by himself or herself either.

Quote:
I'm a man. It is extremely easy to go through life without knocking someone up.
Then tell pro-choicers such as NilaJones to quit whining and complaining about the risk of an unplanned pregnancy!

Quote:
Child support is not about the parent - it is about the child.
Actually, child support is very much about the parent as well; after all, the parent is the person from whom child support is taken.

Old 12-21-2015, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
That's why you use them with spermicidal jelly and a backup like a sponge/diaphragm/BC pills.
It certainly appears that you didn't read everything that I wrote here. Thus, I strongly encourage you to go back and read everything that I wrote here, including in my replies to you here.

Quote:
You can also decrease a males fertility by wearing tight underwear and using a hot tub or very hot baths.

It's not rocket science.
Are either of these methods 100% effective and "bullet-proof," though?

Old 12-21-2015, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Bingo! After all, statements such as this suggest that female-bodied people are incapable of choosing their sexual partners wisely! In turn, such a mentality appears to be misogynistic!
I do think men and women should choose their partners wisely. I did. That's why I've been with my husband over two decades.

Why don't you just sleep with older women who are infertile? Since this is such a hot topic for you, just find a way around it. You rail against child support, when it's simple to not have children.

Old 12-21-2015, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anika783 View Post
What about safe harbor laws where a woman can just drop her newborn at any church or fire-station? Or if she doesn't know for sure who the father is (and there is no eager contender asking for a paternity test) - can't she give it up for adoption then?
As far as I know, Yes, she can. After all, "No name, no shame, no blame"!

Old 12-21-2015, 04:47 PM

Quote:
I do think men and women should choose their partners wisely. I did. That's why I've been with my husband over two decades.
Let me ask you this, though--would you be/have been willing to get an abortion in the event of an unplanned pregnancy?

Quote:
Why don't you just sleep with older women who are infertile? Since this is such a hot topic for you, just find a way around it. You rail against child support, when it's simple to not have children.
Gee, maybe I should have sex with male-bodied people as well! Yeah, you heard me! After all, while there are certainly exceptions to this rule (such as Hillary Clinton, to some extent), I generally find younger female-bodied adults to be more attractive than older female-bodied adults.

Old 12-21-2015, 04:47 PM

Quote:
It certainly appears that you didn't read everything that I wrote here. Thus, I strongly encourage you to go back and read everything that I wrote here, including in my replies to you here.

Are either of these methods 100% effective and "bullet-proof," though?
When used in conjunction they are. Use three methods of BC, decrease your sperm count, and pay attention to your partners cycle. It's that simple.

Have you even tested your own fertility? You may have a very low count or have poor motility. Why not get that done before obsessing over the potential of fathering unwanted children.

Old 12-21-2015, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the op should understand that "gift and harm" are subjective.
So, would you consider suicide to be an acceptable and tolerable life choice?

Old 12-21-2015, 04:50 PM

Quote:
When used in conjunction they are. Use three methods of BC, decrease your sperm count, and pay attention to your partners cycle. It's that simple.
False; after all, since all of these birth control methods can individually fail, all of these birth control methods can also simultaneously fail.

Quote:
Have you even tested your own fertility? You may have a very low count or have poor motility. Why not get that done before obsessing over the potential of fathering unwanted children.
Frankly, unless my sperm count will always be exactly zero, I see absolutely no reason for me not to get surgically castrated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates