Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 09:47 PM

1,562 posts, read 1,499,543 times

Advertisements

Across the world today, there will be literally hundreds of meetings, conferences and gatherings in which White people will meet in order to discuss ways to help Blacks and other non-Whites. Yes, hundreds, if not thousands. Consider every corporate diversity committee, political group, church, Rotary club, etc.

Conversely, on this same day, across this same globe, there will not be one single meeting where non-Whites gather in order to discuss how they might help White people.

Does this startle you? It should. I believe this is part of a pattern of behavior that can only lead to the extinction of White people. Is it not imperative that White people recognize and fight for their own interests?

Old 01-22-2016, 10:21 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,364,511 times
No.

First of all, the term "white people" is incredibly vague. Does this include Spaniards? If so, why not Spanish speaking people? Does this include the original Aryans, i.e. Indians? Italians? Does this denote only northern Europeans? If so, what about the English, the Irish, Canadians? Are you considered English if your parents were born in England and you are as well, but they derived from the African continent?

As you can see "White" is generally a term used by white supremacists to knock us over the head with their hate-filled diatribes. As such it has no real usefulness in international terms, or to anyone apart from a small coterie of self-styled "whites". Its not the same as having an ancestral base in Africa, or Ireland for that matter.

White people thus are in no danger of being exterminated, as they don't really exist as a cohesive, demonstrable "race' at all.

Old 01-23-2016, 05:12 AM

1,983 posts, read 1,708,973 times
Actually, several instances have been reported recently in... Africa.

Both on the east coast (Kenya, Somalia) and in the west (Nigeria, Chad and Cameroon) there are Jihadist terrorists who try to attack non-Muslims. The predominantly Muslim populations of these countries go out of their way to protect Christians (many of whom are white) from the terrorists. This happens not only at the governmental and policy level, but even at the village level.

For example, I read about one case in Kenya in December where terrorists stopped a bus and the Muslim women gave their hijabs (head scarves) to the Christians so they wouldn't be executed. About a week later, a Nigerian vigilante (sort of a volunteer village protective force) stopped a suicide bomber trying to get into a Christian church during their Sunday service.

So I'm not really sure the next big conflict is going to have an awful lot to do with skin color. I rather suspect the world is eventually going to come together and confront jihadi terrorism - currently found in more than 10% of stated nations around the globe. Skin color won't matter in THAT conflict.

Old 01-23-2016, 05:52 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,713,405 times
I was called a troll in CD when I demand rights for whites here on threads so that is how whites are secured...

"Because of all the bad things that white has done in history" they don't seem to deserve any rights today anywhere from anyone ...

Like most of these who abuse whites would not understand the difference of history and today..

Old 01-23-2016, 06:04 AM

38,857 posts, read 25,647,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
Across the world today, there will be literally hundreds of meetings, conferences and gatherings in which White people will meet in order to discuss ways to help Blacks and other non-Whites. Yes, hundreds, if not thousands. Consider every corporate diversity committee, political group, church, Rotary club, etc.

Conversely, on this same day, across this same globe, there will not be one single meeting where non-Whites gather in order to discuss how they might help White people.

Does this startle you? It should. I believe this is part of a pattern of behavior that can only lead to the extinction of White people. Is it not imperative that White people recognize and fight for their own interests?
Relax, please.

It's not startling.

It's not mysterious.

It's because being born white is a big step up in almost every society. And being born a white male in the USA means you've won the birthright lottery in this ol' world. We have no need of pity from others.

One of the most amusing aspects of online forums is to read posts from old white guys whining about how tough they've got it. Heck, I'm an old white guy. But I thank my lucky stars that by accident of birth, I'm American. I've been to and worked in 3rd world countries. I know how fortunate I am.

Perspective.

Get some.

Old 01-23-2016, 07:19 AM

3,794 posts, read 2,620,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Relax, please.
I've been to and worked in 3rd world countries. I (being White) know how fortunate I am.

Perspective.

Get some.
OG, With due respect, I find this to be a naive, patronizing view point.. especially from a man who has traveled the globe.
The success of White, First World countries is not incidental fortune. It has to do with initiative & innovation. If you admittedly see (& value) the contrast in quality of life between White Western nations, and non-White 3rd World nations.. how can you conclude race has nothing to do with it (?) And/or that it's simply a matter of fortune (?)
If/when White nations are overwhelmingly displaced by non-White immigrants, what example from history leads you to believe the quality of life won't be supplanted as well (?) peace.

Old 01-23-2016, 08:09 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,242,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Relax, please.

It's not startling.

It's not mysterious.

It's because being born white is a big step up in almost every society. And being born a white male in the USA means you've won the birthright lottery in this ol' world. We have no need of pity from others.

One of the most amusing aspects of online forums is to read posts from old white guys whining about how tough they've got it. Heck, I'm an old white guy. But I thank my lucky stars that by accident of birth, I'm American. I've been to and worked in 3rd world countries. I know how fortunate I am.

Perspective.

Get some.
I couldn't rep you again, but here it is. Just be prepared to be dumped on because you don't subscribe to the "white genocide" meme as in the post below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
OG, With due respect, I find this to be a naive, patronizing view point.. especially from a man who has traveled the globe.
The success of White, First World countries is not incidental fortune. It has to do with initiative & innovation. If you admittedly see (& value) the contrast in quality of life between White Western nations, and non-White 3rd World nations.. how can you conclude race has nothing to do with it (?) And/or that it's simply a matter of fortune (?)
If/when White nations are overwhelmingly displaced by non-White immigrants, what example from history leads you to believe the quality of life won't be supplanted as well (?) peace.
Actually you could not be more wrong. In the Western Hemisphere, Europeans systematically exterminated native peoples, and then transplanted millions of European colonists there. The Brits did the same in Australia and New Zealand. In the 19th & 20th century, the "white" European and North American nations exploited the countries of Latin America, Africa, and Asia for their natural resources, dispossessed native peoples of their lands and their cultures, and corrupted/killed off native rulers. They tried to recreate more European societies in places like South Africa, Kenya, Rhodesia, etc.

Latin America remained an American economic colonial area, if not a political colonial area, into at least the 1960s. Africa was divided up among European colonial powers until after WW II, and much of sub-Saharan Africa did not escape political colonialism until the 1960s. Asia fared somewhat better, especially India, Indonesia, and China but Southeast Asia was devastated by wars into at least the 1980s, and the Middle East has been embroiled in wars for the last 65 years or more.

It's no accident that the only Asia or African nation that didn't suffer from colonialism, Japan, became a world power in the first half of the twentieth century, and remains the one of the major economic powers in the First World. If you want to talk about initiative and innovation, you should consider that most of the popular cars in the US are either made in Japan or made in the US by Japanese companies.

China, which did suffer from colonialism in the 19th century and then from invasion and exploitation (by Japan) in the 20th century, has made remarkable strides economically and socially in the last 40 years to become one of the major players in the world. At least in its urban areas, its people live First World life-styles.

IOW, it wasn't "initiative and innovation" in anything except genocide and exploitation of natural resources that made the "white" nations of Europe and North America successful ... and its their residual monetary and cultural advantages that enable them to remain in the "First World", not any particular penchant for "initiative and innovation" vis-a-vis people of other races from other countries. One need to look at the numerous struggling countries in Europe to see that truth ... if you push back your sheet so you can actually separate reality from racist myth.

Old 01-23-2016, 08:55 AM

9,692 posts, read 7,435,738 times
its not a white - other thing, its an education thing, you start acting educated instead of running around with your pants around your knees and doors will get open for you. its not acting white either, its education, its not a white privilege thing but an education thing.

Old 01-23-2016, 08:59 AM

20,714 posts, read 16,499,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post

Whether or not people of color fight for White people's interests is irrelevant. White people fight for their OWN interests every single day and in a much larger percentage of the time than the "charity" they believe they're doing for people of color.

As the minority with fewer privileges in this society I see no reason to expect non-whites to stand up for whites unless it ALSO benefits them - their resources are especially limited.

Old 01-23-2016, 09:24 AM

16,248 posts, read 10,919,703 times
Sorry, I'm late to a meeting....

But I wonder how would the OP or other "white people" would react to hundreds of meetings where non-whites offer advice and suggestions on how the white people could improve themselves and then offer various incentives with strings attached and links to various big corporations?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates