Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 08:33 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
The must be easy to get. A buddy of mine just stopped by and was pressing down / crushing something on my kitchen counter, then snorted it.

I asked him what it was and said 'oxy'. And said he had 'percs' and 'vics' too.

I'm just enjoying some Redhook IPA and Jim Beam on ice with a splash of Sprite.
What no Tequila? Amateur...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 06:44 PM

4,619 posts, read 8,174,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
The must be easy to get. ...
It's generally difficult to find a source from scratch - especially without undertaking legal and social risks - but once a user has a source and meets other users, yes, from that point it generally becomes quite easy to get, with money being the primary limiting factor.

Old 04-10-2016, 11:56 PM

598 posts, read 358,304 times
I never thought I would have as many bad days in a row as I have had starting last Thursday

At that time I notified the crew administering the radium treatment I had an unusually and persistent sore throat that made my throat feel like somebody was digging at it wirth garden tools

They assured me that they cleaned up very well after each patient which was fine with me because it was there care that I was concerned about most. However by Friday night me swallowing any kind of solid food was out of the question and about 4:00 AM Saturday morning I went back to the ER.

The doctor put a quick ID on my condition and called it "thrust" that is a type a sore one gets in their throat when our autoimmune system is compromised in a manner such as mine is by radium treatments. That seemed pretty intelligent to me and although I apologize for not knowing the name of particular cough syrup used by inner-city people working on the assembly line where white trucks were manufactured in Cleveland, Ohio that was a narcotic and played havoc with me because I was in quality-control. Cosequently whenever these people would drink their cough syrup the quality control would go out the window and my job got much harder.

However, it was obviously very effective and I thought if I could get some of it I can relieve my pain that by this time has become intense enough I prefer off to let the saliva run out of my mouth rather then run over the sore in my throat. At this point can't even swallow empty saliva and it is better to let it run into a klenix than endure the pain as it runs over the sore in my mouth rritating it further than it already is

Unfortunately, all that the doctor gave was some type of mouthwash that should clear up the symptoms of pain within five days. Meanwhile, I have not even solid food for over three days and therefore have not been able to take my mandatory steroidall anti-inflammatory that is required for me to take before I can have my radium treatment this afternoon

Too early to tell who's to blame for all this but I know I am the one who is suffering because of it, and I am far less than pleased towards anybody involved in my healthcare at the present moment

Sorry for sounding off but we need a a much better program for end of life care in this country

Doug

Old 04-11-2016, 09:22 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
I never thought I would have as many bad days in a row as I have had starting last Thursday

At that time I notified the crew administering the radium treatment I had an unusually and persistent sore throat that made my throat feel like somebody was digging at it wirth garden tools

They assured me that they cleaned up very well after each patient which was fine with me because it was there care that I was concerned about most. However by Friday night me swallowing any kind of solid food was out of the question and about 4:00 AM Saturday morning I went back to the ER.

The doctor put a quick ID on my condition and called it "thrust" that is a type a sore one gets in their throat when our autoimmune system is compromised in a manner such as mine is by radium treatments. That seemed pretty intelligent to me and although I apologize for not knowing the name of particular cough syrup used by inner-city people working on the assembly line where white trucks were manufactured in Cleveland, Ohio that was a narcotic and played havoc with me because I was in quality-control. Cosequently whenever these people would drink their cough syrup the quality control would go out the window and my job got much harder.

However, it was obviously very effective and I thought if I could get some of it I can relieve my pain that by this time has become intense enough I prefer off to let the saliva run out of my mouth rather then run over the sore in my throat. At this point can't even swallow empty saliva and it is better to let it run into a klenix than endure the pain as it runs over the sore in my mouth rritating it further than it already is

Unfortunately, all that the doctor gave was some type of mouthwash that should clear up the symptoms of pain within five days. Meanwhile, I have not even solid food for over three days and therefore have not been able to take my mandatory steroidall anti-inflammatory that is required for me to take before I can have my radium treatment this afternoon

Too early to tell who's to blame for all this but I know I am the one who is suffering because of it, and I am far less than pleased towards anybody involved in my healthcare at the present moment

Sorry for sounding off but we need a a much better program for end of life care in this country

Doug
Her.final patients should get whatever drugs they want, IMO. What's it going to hurt? Someone with just a few months to live cod be given heroin and cocaine for all I care. What worry is addiction , at that point? Anything that might give a modicum of relief, and a semblance, at least, of quality of life, should be readily available, DEA be damned.

People with terminal, painful conditions, and legitimate, chronic pain patients, away with totally visible, widely diagnosed and evaluated conditions, should not have to jump through all these flaming hoops.. They could be given a special ID, listing the condition and whatever other pertinent information, that allows the dispensing of their medication without a monthly cost, hand carried Rx, and having DEA crawl up their posterior with a microscope.

Just one thought, anyway. The government does NOT belong between us and our doctors. There has to be a better way to desperate abusers from legitimate patients who are in genuine, severe pain. As a pain patient myself, with an obvious, totally visible and severe condition,( no need for MRIs, or any internal scans, though all they do is show that what's outside is compounded by what's under what's left of the outside) aren't a requirement for diagnosed) Without the meds, just walking a short distance is more than difficult.

A d there are folks worse off than me, bedridden, and such, being told to make do with OTCs that just don't cut it. Because doctors are afraid of the Feds. Its ridiculous. Every pain patient is considered a seeker and/or abuser, out of hand. Even with a solid diagnoses of a legitimate issue. Even a terminal one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates