Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 10:39 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,776,422 times

Advertisements

Do you notice how attacks on whites don't get national media attention whereas the same same kind of attack on a minority and especially a black will get huge national coverage for days on end. One case that comes to mind is the Channon Christian/Chris Newsom murders in Kansas. It was a horrible torture/murder of those two innocent whites. Yet it only got local media coverage and if it wasn't for the internet I probably would never have known it had happened. If that same thing would have happened to a minority it would have been national news without a doubt. And that is just one example of the bias against whites that is shown by the main stream media. Hundreds of examples could be cited. That sort of coverage has been going on for so long that everyone seems to just assumes it to be the politically correct way to handle it. It reveals a racial bias on the part of the media.

Old 02-13-2016, 10:55 AM

50,924 posts, read 24,432,298 times
I really don't think that's true. I think you just want to stir things up.

The cases where Blacks being killed or attacked generally get so much attention is where the attack is by the police or is clearly racially motivated.

Old 02-13-2016, 11:01 AM

749 posts, read 858,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I really don't think that's true. I think you just want to stir things up.

The cases where Blacks being killed or attacked generally get so much attention is where the attack is by the police or is clearly racially motivated.

What is one recent occurrence of a black individual killed in a case of police brutality that was solely, clearly and unequivocal motivated by racial bias?

Old 02-13-2016, 11:18 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,101,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seixal View Post
What is one recent occurrence of a black individual killed in a case of police brutality that was solely, clearly and unequivocal motivated by racial bias?
He said 'or', not 'and.' If a person is killed by a cop, it draws more attention since it sort of goes against what we're all told as kids, which is that the police are here to help us. It's concerning when someone is unarmed with no real sign of violent intentions, and is shot 9 times.

Not to mention the fact that cops do seem to shoot black people (not 'a black'; that's a disgusting way to refer to a human being) quite a bit more than others.

We can say black people commit more crimes, but that just doesn't seem to be enough of a reason. Not to mention that the war on drugs has resulted in a mass incarceration of people in general, but black Americans seemed to get the worse end of this. Which is odd, given that there is no evidence to suggest that white and black people use drugs at substantially different rates. Most studies suggest they are more or less the same. Which begs the question, why are black people getting arrested more for crimes they do not statistically commit more?

While I don't know the numbers, it would be interesting to see just how many of those people arrested in the war on drugs were low income individuals.

And no, I'm not some BLM activist. Frankly, I find the way that whole movement works is only further alienating black Americans from white Americans. But I will not disagree that despite being equal on paper, black people seem to be targeted for things quite a lot more than other races.

Old 02-13-2016, 11:19 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,456,545 times
It isn't considered racial bias if it's blacks against whites and it isn't considered a hate crime if it's blacks against whites.

Old 02-13-2016, 11:25 AM

7,789 posts, read 6,408,183 times
Whites don't riot afterward.

Old 02-13-2016, 11:26 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,703,787 times
It would be racism if white lives would matter....

Old 02-13-2016, 12:02 PM

743 posts, read 767,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
He said 'or', not 'and.' If a person is killed by a cop, it draws more attention since it sort of goes against what we're all told as kids, which is that the police are here to help us. It's concerning when someone is unarmed with no real sign of violent intentions, and is shot 9 times.

Not to mention the fact that cops do seem to shoot black people (not 'a black'; that's a disgusting way to refer to a human being) quite a bit more than others.

We can say black people commit more crimes, but that just doesn't seem to be enough of a reason. Not to mention that the war on drugs has resulted in a mass incarceration of people in general, but black Americans seemed to get the worse end of this. Which is odd, given that there is no evidence to suggest that white and black people use drugs at substantially different rates. Most studies suggest they are more or less the same. Which begs the question, why are black people getting arrested more for crimes they do not statistically commit more?

While I don't know the numbers, it would be interesting to see just how many of those people arrested in the war on drugs were low income individuals.

And no, I'm not some BLM activist. Frankly, I find the way that whole movement works is only further alienating black Americans from white Americans. But I will not disagree that despite being equal on paper, black people seem to be targeted for things quite a lot more than other races.
Year after year, more white people than black people are put down by cops. The media, academia and black activists would have you believe it's the other way around.

Old 02-13-2016, 12:24 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,587,856 times
Micro aggression alert. OP you have been warned. Mods please create a safe space so I can think clearly the rest of the day.

Old 02-13-2016, 12:29 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,784,399 times
Who was Antonio West? He was the white baby shot in the face in his stroller in front of his mother by two teens in Georgia that you never heard of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates