Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 09:45 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,072 times

Advertisements

Opportunity offered, opportunity taken.

Can do and will do attitudes.

Many whites have it.

Many people of color have it.

Some will succeed in spite of challenges.

Some will give up before succeeding.

Being convinced that one is a victim can dampen enthusiasm if allowed to.

Some refuse to believe that they are victims and overcome to become can doers and will doers.

Of every race.

Old 04-28-2019, 03:30 PM

270 posts, read 110,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Wow.

Yes, generally when you are "debating," you should cite your sources. Kathryn (who is white, BTW) was very polite in asking.

The editor of "The Root" is Henry Louis Gates Jr., who is a professor at Harvard. Not that that gives him any legitimacy at all, I guess. (You can DISAGREE with some of what he writes without suggesting that he is a black nationalist anti-white racist.)
Gates is a decent man, and very good scholar. I don't agree with all of his hiring choices though. Next, don't accuse me of calling Gates an anti-white racist. I don't think Gates is a racist at all. However, some of the people he employs obvious are. Take this article for example. I won't quote the whole article because of copyright, but I will quote some parts of it and you tell me if you think this is not racist against white people:
Broke Becky, Pap Smears and Why I’m Afraid of White Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Root
"Before Obamacare, a parent could not carry a child on his or her insurance after the child reached the age of 19, so some outlets are reporting that Lahren is “benefiting from” Obamacare because she is still on her parents’ insurance. That is being generous. The Affordable Care Act is not an insurance plan; it is simply a set of laws that govern insurance and set up health care exchanges. But if there is such a thing as “being on” Obamacare, Lahren is on it.

There is nothing wrong with being on Obamacare. It is not for poor people. Before the ACA, it was hard for entrepreneurs, college students and people who worked part time to get medical insurance. Lahren is exactly who Obamacare was created for. Every time Broke Becky (I bet she collects unemployment, too) gets her Pap smear, she has the black president to thank, except she has spent her entire professional career standing in front of a white lynch mob and pointing her finger, trying to kill Obamacare.
That’s why I’m afraid of white women.

They will ask you to don a pink hat and march with them. They will readily paint themselves as allies, or as fellow oppressed people. They will convince you that they are in your corner. They will show you how white feminism intersects with racism. They will explain how white male patriarchy has always been the problem.

Then they will slide behind the voting curtain and pull the lever for Donald Trump. They will call the police because you looked like you didn’t belong there. They will say you raped them because they missed their curfew. They will stand and watch men tie your baby boy to a cotton gin fan and toss him in the river. They will keep their lies a secret for 50 years.

That level of duplicitous evil is scarier than any horror movie or demon story could ever inspire. I’m not saying all white women are like this, but it is demonstrably true that any white woman could do this. At least a few of them have. We saw 53 percent of them do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
So many posts in this thread would be right at home on Stormfront.

Karen, I never would have guessed you posted at Stormfront.

In the future, please don't characterize my posts. Either address what I've said or don't respond at all but don't accuse me without evidence of peddling in subliminal racism or saying things about Gates or someone who isn't even mentioned in the text of my post.

Old 04-28-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Eastern Europe is full of developing countries, where societies can’t advance due to corruption and not working together

So much for your high IQ theory.

Not every subset of white people have high IQ. You are twisting my words.

Old 04-28-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
I suspect more than few posters here are in fact regulars there.

Karen must be one of them. Evidently she reads there or how else would she know if a comment is something that would be posted on Stormfront or not. On it's face, it implies that at the least she reads there, if not posts on it too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.