Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 07:58 AM

1,149 posts, read 1,590,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jOqOlETcRU

Maybe this is why cops mistreat blacks. When the police spend decades dealing with violent crimes coming from a specific subculture....dont you think after a while they will be jaded to and target said subculture?

The thug culture exacerbates police/urban black relations, but it didn't start it. The macho cop culture and the macho thug culture just feed off of each other at this point.

No one is defending thugs, but it's pretty ignorant of many posters here to group all Black Lives Matter people (or black people, for that matter) as part of some monolithic thug culture. And yes, statistically and historically black communities HAVE been targeted by police. This goes way back to the days of slavery with the slave hunting posses. Lynch mobs were also around up until the 60s! I mean, it's all about putting yourself in someone else's shoes. Poor black life is vastly different than poor white life, even if you take thug culture out of the mix. Things have gotten better, but in a lot of areas the thug culture in local cops (usually the Sheriffs are better, I hear) makes it so that they shoot first and ask questions later. Hence Black Lives Matter, which is an activist group so it's always going to be more divisive and controversial.

At any rate, just try and put yourself in someone else's shoes. There are plenty of ways to see where black people are coming from even if you take thug culture out of the equation.

Old 03-14-2016, 09:02 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,789,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redd1skng View Post
What are you talking about? Please re-read and comprehend.

I'm talking about crime in black urban communities. There are many middle class black neighborhoods in the United States of America. You know how I know? I'm black and I now live in one of them!

The incessant violent crime is not taking place in middle class communities. I no longer live in the 'hood' but many are still stuck$$ there and are law abiding and deserving of peace and safety just like suburbanites. I don't care what color a criminal is but since this thread is about BLM, right now I'm speaking about the black criminal. And the majority of the black criminals are black men!

Folks like me?

You're amazing and you "get it." How do we reach that thug mentality so they "get it.? How do we reach the law aiding that are sick to death of watching their innocent children gunned down on the play ground? I don't get it. I don't understand why law abiding citizens don't take back their streets and put an end to this gun toting thug mentality.

I don't care if you're black, white, purple or green. If you harm a child your life does not matter. If you walk up behind a senior, knock them to the ground, and rob them, your life does not matter. If you shoot a teenager because they "disrespected you" not agreeing to your thug ways, then your life does not matter.

Think about it, you're killing one of your own kind because they don't share your same mentality, and one of your own kind won't speak up to the police. That's the biggest form of hate there is, yet it's accepted in the black community. Why?

It's like the terrorists. Change the mentality, change the individual. If anyone can figure out how to do that I'm sure they would win the Nobel Prize.

Old 03-14-2016, 09:05 AM

2,094 posts, read 1,925,279 times
Its garbage. Blacks are gunning each other down every day like its nothing. Innocent bystanders, in malls, at BBQs..... bullets flying. Who cares. That should be the bigger concern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates